Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487600 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4605 on: May 21, 2014, 07:42:24 pm »

Team A, it's time to bombard Steve and AM with questions. I'd appreciate if all of you gentlemen started asking about all the manner of things and situations that could help you fare better or understand your equipment more.

For example, I'm interested in asking the AM if the threshold of "really dangerous" shit only starts when you use three stims at the same time and if using two for a +2 is relatively safe. Also wondering for how long you can use a stim and then negate the -1 penalties with another dose before your body starts breaking down.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:18 pm »

I've asked all the questions I can think of right now, so...yeah
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »

To anyone confused, since I saw at least two: Steve told people to get into the shuttles, not drop pods nor the Sword's stasis pods.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 21, 2014, 08:26:42 pm »

Ah, I'll fix it since it isn't that different.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 21, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »

Team A, it's time to bombard Steve and AM with questions. I'd appreciate if all of you gentlemen started asking about all the manner of things and situations that could help you fare better or understand your equipment more.

Good idea.  I asked about what happens when we're bugging out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 21, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »

Is it bad I've been thinking of Steve planning out a bank robbery type thing ala Bain in Payday: The Heist?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »

I hope I can get the crap for my mortar, I can't think of a better mission where it might actually get some use :/
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:17 pm »

He's AI overlord the world needs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:55 pm »

He's AI overlord the world needs.
Different Bain but the quote still works.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:33 pm »

Do the Squad B people get riot shields? Plus, can I wear the riot gear over my MkII or will I have to change?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 21, 2014, 09:06:18 pm »

Do the Squad B people get riot shields? Plus, can I wear the riot gear over my MkII or will I have to change?
I just put a conditional in my action to bring my suit if I could. You should be able too, though, assuming it's mainly body armor and handheld/webbing stuff.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 21, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »

Huh. I thought all the armor in this game was dynamic, so you could rip off and attach functions willy nilly.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 21, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »

You mean modular? It probably is. I dunno. I would just say to bring both and PW will tell you if you can't wear them both.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »

I'm fairly certain that Mk. 1 armor at least is just a basic space suit. And normally that doesn't fit under Swat armor well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 21, 2014, 09:17:58 pm »

The MkI, albeit described as form-fitting, has protruding heat fins on its back that likely prevent the wearing of most body armor and any similar equipment. People can probably wear that kind of thing over a MkII, since it's an upgraded version of the MkI and loses the aforementioned fins. Ultimately, it's better to ask the GM.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2205