Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485609 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3960 on: May 15, 2014, 11:09:50 pm »

Maybe its a clock. Because clocks tell time, and are circular. Degrees and radians are used to measure circles.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 15, 2014, 11:37:36 pm »

So me and a few other people are in the plug.dj room with PW, and... a person with the username "The_Sheep" joined for a minute, and played a video that was just a bunch of sheep... making sheep noises, whatever you call it.

But what was interesting is that they also posted in the comments- a long paragraph, something about people eating flesh, and the crying voices of dead gods.  Nobody thought to screenshot or copy paste it though.  Whoops.
Damn it you morons, didn't you think that that MIGHT be important, especially given the reappearance of the sheep in-game?!?
Sorry. But can you see why I'm frustrated?

I don't really think those are coordinates. Two numbers are insufficient to define a point in 3D space.
Actually, you only need one number to define a point (theoretically). That doesn't prove anything. Besides, it could be a surface coordinate (e.g, 17.3 degrees counterclockwise from east, 18 standard distance units away from a given point).

It could also be time when something happens, using a given reference body and a certain start point. 17 radians and 17.3 degrees totals to around two and three quarters of a full circle, which, with the orbit rate of, say, the Sun, would give us, oh... seven hundred million years, give or take.

Probably not. :P
Eighteen radians, not seventeen. And since both measure angles...why not just use one or the other?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: May 15, 2014, 11:44:49 pm »

It was up for all of 30 seconds. Deal with it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:03 pm »

So me and a few other people are in the plug.dj room with PW, and... a person with the username "The_Sheep" joined for a minute, and played a video that was just a bunch of sheep... making sheep noises, whatever you call it.

But what was interesting is that they also posted in the comments- a long paragraph, something about people eating flesh, and the crying voices of dead gods.  Nobody thought to screenshot or copy paste it though.  Whoops.
Damn it you morons, didn't you think that that MIGHT be important, especially given the reappearance of the sheep in-game?!?
Sorry. But can you see why I'm frustrated?

I don't really think those are coordinates. Two numbers are insufficient to define a point in 3D space.
Actually, you only need one number to define a point (theoretically). That doesn't prove anything. Besides, it could be a surface coordinate (e.g, 17.3 degrees counterclockwise from east, 18 standard distance units away from a given point).

It could also be time when something happens, using a given reference body and a certain start point. 17 radians and 17.3 degrees totals to around two and three quarters of a full circle, which, with the orbit rate of, say, the Sun, would give us, oh... seven hundred million years, give or take.

Probably not. :P
Eighteen radians, not seventeen. And since both measure angles...why not just use one or the other?
Seventeen point three on the eighteenth radian. Not eighteen radians and seventeen degrees.
Also, for the same reason we use hours instead of seconds to tell time of day. Every radian is... 57 point something degrees IIRC.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: May 16, 2014, 12:29:54 am »

Fixed that link for you.

Because I'm becoming increasingly sensitive towards places reposting other people's work. Amusingly, this looks like its some sort of bizarre chain here, with this video being a repost of a repost XD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:32:04 am by Kriellya »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:41 am »

Pff hahaha. Oh lord, the second I leave the cosmic farm animals show up to foreshadow the hell out of us.

I think the elder gods don't like my music taste.

Then again, looking at the shit we played for a while, that might not be surprising.  :P

... Say, pw, could we somehow bribe you into reposting here what that mysterious wooly mammal said?
Maybe, say, no tinker for a week? No VR for some time? A lollipop?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:08:55 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3967 on: May 16, 2014, 01:28:46 am »

I hope someone was reading.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:30:45 am by piecewise »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: May 16, 2014, 01:31:01 am »

Man ate of the flesh of god and thought themselves god in his stead.
Their hubris bore many great and terrible fruit.
The god of man's design and the tools of his actions, fruit of the tree of knowledge.
The malignant flesh and the pale comparison, fruit of the tree of might.

Listen, for the cries of dead gods echo through time and gain life of their own.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: May 16, 2014, 01:32:34 am »

Sorry, I was in the middle of drowning millions of people.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: May 16, 2014, 01:33:03 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

Now, what horrible price shall we pay in return?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3971 on: May 16, 2014, 01:35:40 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

I'll think of something.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: May 16, 2014, 01:36:19 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

Well, Miyamoto might be a bit disadvantaged if all synthflesh in the galaxy suddenly goes rogue.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: May 16, 2014, 01:40:29 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

Well, Miyamoto might be a bit disadvantaged if all synthflesh in the galaxy suddenly goes rogue.

At least I won't be just a brain captured in a body.

Then again, the Avatar has it's own will, so I'll be screwed either way.

Maybe we should invest in mininukes embedded in advanced synthflesh bodies, if they aren't already.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: May 16, 2014, 01:43:27 am »

Speaking of which, I should really find out what exactly Xan is before I go making plans as to my apotheosis.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 2205