Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488941 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3810 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:03 pm »

http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/

Posted this in DMR. If people like it, I'll keep it running. You can put yourself in the dj rotation too.
How does that site work?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »

The short version is online Youtube party.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: May 13, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »

That too, but it involves a matter converter amp and an otherwise prohibitively rare and expensive material.

Are you going to turn dirt into pure mythril?
Dingadingading.
More precisely, I'm going to experiment by turning a small fraction of myself to mythril and seeing if I can still manipulate it, living metal like.
Then I can turn myself into pure mythril! :D

Nah, the most radical thing I'll do beyond that is turn sections of people's skin to mythril for a high price.

And the dirt.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: May 13, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »

The short version is online Youtube party.
No, I mean how do you get it to work?

Nah, the most radical thing I'll do beyond that is turn sections of people's skin to mythril for a high price.
And the dirt.
Would you be willing to provide Grate with a small amount of mythril for use with the pill machine if you got a mythril pill?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: May 13, 2014, 01:59:07 pm »

Oh, I dunno. I just told noscript to allow things until it took. Didn't really have any problems getting in.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: May 13, 2014, 01:59:20 pm »

Grate isn't allowed the pill machine.

Then again, seeing him become a statue would be entertaining.
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 13, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »

Yeah, the "movement bonus" is a Dexterity bonus relating to movement. Doesn't help reaction time (classic "Initiative" thing from DnD).

And I really forgot to mention the End. bonus. It can really save your ass since there are a few times when a flat [End:1] means perma-death.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:02:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:22 pm »

Bored train of thought: Would shoving Grate in the pill machine allow for one to have similar temporal properties?

Another possibility may be STEPHEN HAWKING, but that requires someone capable of putting him there and the want to do so.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:15 pm »

That too, but it involves a matter converter amp and an otherwise prohibitively rare and expensive material.

Dingadingading.
More precisely, I'm going to experiment by turning a small fraction of myself to mythril and seeing if I can still manipulate it, living metal like.

And the dirt.

Problem: creating a complicated material such as that would require enormous mental reserves. Hell, if creating super armor was that easy, I'd have Miyamoto create free armor for everyone already.
I mean, just a canister of namite already drains him, and he has 20+15 point in int.

Secondly, you'll need to know how it's made before you can do that, though maybe Steve can help with that.

Would you be willing to provide Grate with a small amount of mythril for use with the pill machine if you got a mythril pill?

I could try that. Hmm. Hold that thought.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: May 13, 2014, 02:05:26 pm »

Alas, STEPHEN's vanished into quantum space until BFEL decides to rejoin.

Apparently STEPHEN will always have been just behind the final boss.

Dingadingading.

And the dirt.

Problem: creating a complicated material such as that would require enormous mental reserves. Hell, if creating super armor was that easy, I'd have Miyamoto create free armor for everyone already.
I mean, just a canister of namite already drains him, and he has 20+15 point in int.

Secondly, you'll need to know how it's made before you can do that, though maybe Steve can help with that.
Well yeah, this is assuming my endgame +4 Will Xan build.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: May 13, 2014, 02:07:34 pm »

All things considered, this assault is going kinda poorly.  Both big ships we took are screwed.  Of the three smaller ones, one is completely destroyed, one is not badly damaged but the damage can potentially destroy the ship, and only the third has minor damage.  Steve's big cannon is about to ruin the other ships.

At best, we end up with two small ships.

I don't think obtaining the ships was really the target. After all, we are sitting on a factory world. We can hopefully make lots more, long before the second nearest fleet gets here. We can probably even send up salvage ships to recover most of the material and rebuild ships from those materials, saving a lot of time on the first few ships. The point of taking the ships was to do what we could to guarantee a TPK on the fleet with minimal damage to ground facilities. Without being able to turn their ships on each other, we probably would have suffered serious damage from an orbital bombardment.

Taking the factory intact may have been the desired outcome for them, but having someone else in control of it for any longer is unacceptable. Without orbital pressure, which we didn't have without taking some of their ships, they would have just tried to glass us. Probably wouldn't have succeeded, knowing Steve, but they could have done way more damage to us that way.

PW also hasn't really been telling us how the other side is doing in this. We've lost a fair number of what we took, but maybe they're down to a pair of hopelessly crippled gunships.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:27 pm »

And thus Anton continues the time-honored tradition of not being able to hit anything he aims at. At least he shot the ceiling instead of Hasala.

Really makes you wonder why the man is so eager to build something to do the fighting for him, donnit? :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3822 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:44 pm »

All things considered, this assault is going kinda poorly.  Both big ships we took are screwed.  Of the three smaller ones, one is completely destroyed, one is not badly damaged but the damage can potentially destroy the ship, and only the third has minor damage.  Steve's big cannon is about to ruin the other ships.

At best, we end up with two small ships.

I don't think obtaining the ships was really the target. After all, we are sitting on a factory world. We can hopefully make lots more, long before the second nearest fleet gets here. We can probably even send up salvage ships to recover most of the material and rebuild ships from those materials, saving a lot of time on the first few ships. The point of taking the ships was to do what we could to guarantee a TPK on the fleet with minimal damage to ground facilities. Without being able to turn their ships on each other, we probably would have suffered serious damage from an orbital bombardment.

Taking the factory intact may have been the desired outcome for them, but having someone else in control of it for any longer is unacceptable. Without orbital pressure, which we didn't have without taking some of their ships, they would have just tried to glass us. Probably wouldn't have succeeded, knowing Steve, but they could have done way more damage to us that way.

PW also hasn't really been telling us how the other side is doing in this. We've lost a fair number of what we took, but maybe they're down to a pair of hopelessly crippled gunships.
Not only that, they could had towed asteroids into our planet's path or something. You can never know what contingencies those UWM guys have.
Or with their automanipulators, they could had tried ramming the planet with their ships if they got really desperate.
So a sneak attack while they were still reeling from their surprise and ground losses was a good idea.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: May 13, 2014, 03:35:21 pm »

Grate isn't allowed the pill machine.

Then again, seeing him become a statue would be entertaining.
He bought it, and he intends to use it. And test it on disposable little test subjects before authorizing human testing.
On that note, would Xan consider providing homunculi for Grate to test on if the moleant things don't work out?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: May 13, 2014, 03:37:35 pm »

Of course!
For an unspecified price of course
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 2205