Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490268 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3735 on: May 12, 2014, 05:06:27 pm »

Not totally true Syv. If we come up with an effective, totally unknown piece of tech, the UWM won't know what the fuck to do about it. Now, the second time we use it, it'll be harder.
Syv is talking from a meta standpoint. As in, if we broke the game, then PW would just throw more of 'em at us to even out the odds.

Point two: I wasn't suggesting putting automanips for movement into it.  That's stupid.  You have a space magic avatar sitting there, so why not use that?  This also means that return capability is just "rest for a while, then expend twice the energy in the opposite direction to return".  Alternatively, fire it from a cap. ship, and have the avatar park it in space and wait for pickup when it's done.
As you mentioned in the beginning, who would even pilot these things? You need 20 int to even be able to use a universal manip, after all.

Also: we do not yet know if PW will keep using the team fund method. We'll have to see how he wants to handle it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:50:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 12, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

So, team A is now on escape pods towards the planet. Is my braincase with them? I can't recall.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 12, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

So, team A is now on escape pods towards the planet. Is my braincase with them? I can't recall.

Your brain case is in the debris field, with the entry pod.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 12, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »

oh jolly good. No way that's going to go awry. fingers crossed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 12, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »

Point two: I wasn't suggesting putting automanips for movement into it.  That's stupid.  You have a space magic avatar sitting there, so why not use that?  This also means that return capability is just "rest for a while, then expend twice the energy in the opposite direction to return".  Alternatively, fire it from a cap. ship, and have the avatar park it in space and wait for pickup when it's done.
who is going to pilot these things though? You need 20 int to even be able to use a universal manip, after all.
Super min maxed special Sods?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 12, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »

If you need a weapon, you can take one of the handguns I looted. I'm going to give them to the team fund.
I'd take one. Free gun is best gun!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 12, 2014, 05:45:38 pm »

who is going to pilot these things though? You need 20 int to even be able to use a universal manip, after all.
Sods can't use spess magick. Or I'd have included an amp user in the light sod infantry squad.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 12, 2014, 05:50:07 pm »

Sods can't use spess magick. Or I'd have included an amp user in the light sod infantry squad.
Then we need to genetically engineer them to be able to! Have them programmed with a predetermined list of commands to do with the amp.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 12, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

Then we need to genetically engineer them to be able to! Have them programmed with a predetermined list of commands to do with the amp.
I don't think that's possible. It might be, but I doubt it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 12, 2014, 06:08:09 pm »

Who's heard of Battle Royale?

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 12, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »

The distinctly disturbing novel/manga/live action film?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 12, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

The distinctly disturbing novel/manga/live action film?
Yes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 12, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »

I've read it. It was better than the Hunger Games.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 12, 2014, 07:29:43 pm »

Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »

We're not talking about automanipulators the size of pocket calculators, here - we're talking about an automanipulator large enough to have the capacity to cool a decently large sphere to 2-3K, and in doing so shield that heat of life support, the automanips you would need to use for movement (the tyranny of the rocket equation is still in effect here, if you don't use them - you start to go a bit beyond 'fighter' scale if you plan to have any decent velocity, return capability, and manoeuvring capability), and the power source for all of the automanips.
You misread. He was saying that he felt that the actual, physics-abiding portion of the manipulator wouldn't take more juice than a pocket calculator.

Point two: I wasn't suggesting putting automanips for movement into it.  That's stupid.  You have a space magic avatar sitting there, so why not use that?
How does this matter? The avatar only has space magic because of manips.

Two: Best argument against shade fighters: This is a game, and PW balances the game.  Just like we didn't give everyone battlesuits before the defense of hephaestus because he would have just given us tougher opponents, if we actually did manufacture a bunch of advanced and powerful fighters, he would just make space battles comparatively harder.
So we shouldn't strive to improve our characters or their tools? Maybe we should cripple ourselves, to weaken the UWM more?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 2205