Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489617 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3750 on: May 12, 2014, 09:20:33 pm »

This is why my character is never allowed to touch a Con weapon: Because he has a -2 to rolls with them. There will hopefully be more competent medics, or at least people without a -1, to fix you up if you get hurt. I wouldn't use the point to go from 'an utter failure' to 'completely incompetent'.

I find this funny as Lars is the exact opposite, with a +2 in Con and a -2 in Medical.

How should I spent the last 3 points? I was thinking some kind of armor would be nice (Longcoat?), but I'm a little hesitant to go into battle with only 10 shots (can't afford extra mags with one). Maybe take mags and an 8k charge and pray that I don't get shot?

A longcoat isn't a terrible idea, especially since you can probably either get by without or bum more ammo; typically we know if we're going to get into a heavy combat situation.

Lars [my character], though, does find prayer very valuable.  That, and the body armor he looted several missions back- now THAT was worth its weight in gold.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 12, 2014, 10:20:06 pm »

The civic defenders longcoat seems a bit overrated to me. Dubley's been wearing one since he first woke up, and he's died three times so far. It never helped even once.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 12, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »

Saved Morul's ass when we were taking Hephaestus. Took a bunch of gauss rounds at almost point blank range. I didn't really have any ribs to speak of after that, but hey, ribs grow back. I've always had decent luck with Nyars artifacts. A pair of magic goggles, a suit that lets me dimension jump, an manipulator like alien cube.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:25 pm »

1/3 of those have killed you and 1/3 almost did and probably will next time.

That's pretty good luck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:02 pm »

Nyars boxes are awesome. I've had a 100% satisfaction rate with what I got. What isn't to like about a sentient, intelligent, malicious, and sadistic cannon attaching itself to your arm and making you do random stuff to be able to use it without knowing what any of the buttons on it do.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 12, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »

1/3 of those have killed you and 1/3 almost did and probably will next time.

That's pretty good luck.

1/3 did kill him, 1/3 is pretty much guaranteed to kill him or drive him insane next time he uses it, and 1/3 may as well have killed him for all he remembers of his time using it. I really want someone to ask Morul how he thinks he lost his eyes :P

Yeah. Good luck there. Please buy another :D

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: May 12, 2014, 11:00:54 pm »

See that? There is a 1/3 chance you'll not be killed by what you get. Great odds.

It's too bad we can't dip into the mission fund, outfit a newbie in Nyats gear, throw him in with a squad of veterans, and send them on the next mission. Or send the newbie on a solo mission. That would be a terrible idea and I would totally volunteer my character for it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 12, 2014, 11:04:31 pm »

See that? There is a 1/3 chance you'll not be killed by what you get. Great odds.

It's too bad we can't dip into the mission fund, outfit a newbie in Nyats gear, throw him in with a squad of veterans, and send them on the next mission. Or send the newbie on a solo mission. That would be a terrible idea and I would totally volunteer my character for it.

Yeah, when Skylar meets his end, I'm fully intending for my next character to buy exclusively Nyras gear :P

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 12, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »

Imagine a team of nothing but noobs with Nyars artifacts. It would be glorious. We should totally make that happen.

I am quite pleased with my one Nyars acquisition, especially because I got it for free.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »

Oh hush. I have plans. Maurice got used to his artifact, plus I can fight back now. Still, I'm gonna wait until I either have to use it, or get a perfect decomp, and pull an AM.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:03 pm »

Imagine a team of nothing but noobs with Nyars artifacts. It would be glorious. We should totally make that happen.

I am quite pleased with my one Nyars acquisition, especially because I got it for free.
We could start up another fund and funnel a few tokens into it after each mission. It could be called "Nyars for Newbies".

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:04 am »

This actually sounds like a good idea. Noobs get artifacts, more experienced people see the side effects and then when the noobs die from bad luck/stupidity/not knowing what to do, the more experienced people get the items. Call it the "Nyars for Newbies" like Beirus suggested. Everybody wins!  :D
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:54 am »

Call it the '!!SCIENCE!! pool'. Players put tokens in and bet on how the eventual receiver of the tokens will die. At any point, a new inmate science experiment solider can volunteer to 'use' the pool, in exchange for their initial 5 tokens, at which point the pool controller will buy random Nyras boxes of whatever sizes (but not types) that player wants with all the money in the pool (including the 5 tokens from the newbie). The 'user' is required to use all of them, immediately if applicable.

The winners of the pool get to split whatever is salvaged off the corpse. No winner until he dies, deaths unrelated to an artifact don't count :P

We could possibly fiddle with it a bit more. Maybe make it so they can pick a color, but are required to get a heptagon of that color? Would give the poor newbie some control over what type of thing they got, but they'd still get something insanely dangerous :D

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 13, 2014, 12:04:41 am »

Wait, how many sides does a heptagon have?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: May 13, 2014, 12:05:06 am »

I like Kriellya's idea better. Seems like more !!FUN!! can happen that way.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 2205