Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492720 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3555 on: May 08, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »

Dang it... May's gone? That just... feels wrong... I mean yeah she was weird... but she was kind of an institution... as someone said earlier she wasn't the one anyone expected to die... Milno, Jim, people like that yeah... but not May...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 08, 2014, 01:32:52 pm »

Don't let Thomas see you shapeshift into May.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 08, 2014, 01:35:03 pm »

Don't let Thomas see you shapeshift into May.
There's a reason I'm hesitant to let someone with as little moral restrictions as Xan get that idea. Think of the emotional-
I ALMOST got through that with a straight face. Almost. Shenanigans both lighthearted and completely reprehensible will be had.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3558 on: May 08, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

Dang it... May's gone? That just... feels wrong... I mean yeah she was weird... but she was kind of an institution... as someone said earlier she wasn't the one anyone expected to die... Milno, Jim, people like that yeah... but not May...

No one is safe around here.  That is the razor edge of ER. No matter how powerful, how loved, or how careful, you are never safe.

And the fight isn't over yet.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 08, 2014, 01:43:51 pm »

As he sits and taps away at the consoles, someone walks into the room. It's Leo. And he's carrying something football shaped under his arm.

I'm sorry, did I say lighter? I meant explosive. I think we may have just found out the status of a Shadow Walker or Urban Executor.
For those who are... newer, the various mininukes we have access to are often described by PW as football size and shape.  Anton's probably best off zapping now and asking questions after.

@ PW: What are the chances of Renen being found?
One in six? Maybe two in six, if you're lucky?
Nah, I bet it's better than that.  He'll probably only be permadead on a roll of one or two.

I'm getting flash backs of 1950's pamphlets about surviving nuclear war by hiding under your desk.
Yeah, everbody knows that you're supposed to hide in your fridge.

Ah.
If anyone survives what happens and Xan learns of it, he might get the idea to shapeshift into other people. Just have to get the idea into his head.
Have Xan talk to Saint.  He'll openly tell you that you're wasting your power, and should use mimicry and manipulation.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 08, 2014, 01:47:52 pm »

@ PW: What are the chances of Renen being found?

Also, Team G is composed of four components, Marcius was one of them but he was a zombie char...

Depends. I'd say Hephaestus is gonna have a pretty big ship graveyard/debris field around it after this. There's a tracker in your brain, same with everyone else, but a team is still gonna need to actually get out there and find it.

You needn't worry, that orbital debris field won't exist for terribly long. That would be a waste of valuable material (and hazardous, ever heard of Kessler Syndrome?), and we're going to need quite a bit of ground-to-orbit capacity anyway. May as well bring some salvage back, not to mention the bit of SAR we'll do for your beacon, after dumping stuff I actually want in orbit.

As to whether the SAR will find you before the Sword leaves, probably. I would expect the Sword to remain here for a decent while longer (time-skipped, hopefully, for the sake of everyone who is not involved in such operations) while I pump out some better (read: modern) equipment for you guys.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:51:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 08, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

If I survive this is gonna be fun.
Sig! Onol

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:31 pm »

No one is safe around here.  That is the razor edge of ER. No matter how powerful, how loved, or how careful, you are never safe.

And the fight isn't over yet.
And that's why we play, One of the hardest lessons I had to learn as a tabletop GM was to kill characters (nearly said kill players there... whilst tempting sometimes... that's frowned upon)... I guess I'm still in shock a bit, weird it's been ages since a character death has hit me like this... so fly safe May I guess... since I'm a brit I'll go with the Last Post rather than taps.

(Interesting piece of trivia is that the Last Post was not originally associated with military funerals: the last action of the day at british army camps was an inspection of the sentry posts and once the last post was inspected the call was played to signify the end of day, later apparent;y it would also be used to signify the end of a day's fighting and call soldiers back from the battlefield, so with the connotations of the end of the day, going down of the sun. the close of fighting and duty discharged I guess it was a logical step to start using it at funerals as well

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 08, 2014, 02:24:57 pm »

Oh damn, three people at once. That's harsh. Here's hoping the same doesn't happen with team A. It would be somewhat annoying if Pan was to die after waiting more than a month to be able to play again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3564 on: May 08, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »

Oh damn, three people at once. That's harsh. Here's hoping the same doesn't happen with team A. It would be somewhat annoying if Pan was to die after waiting more than a month to be able to play again.
Yeah, our ship is dead in the water void and thus likely to get hit, that's why I asked Steve to turn your shell into an escape pod if possible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »

Oh shit. I wonder how Thomas will react to May's death? Probably drugs.

I feel sorry for Corsair. His characters keep dying.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 08, 2014, 02:49:33 pm »

Oh shit. I wonder how Thomas will react to May's death? Probably drugs.

I feel sorry for Corsair. His characters keep dying.
Didn't he already have to carry a dialysis machine around with him wherever he went?
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 08, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »

Anton's probably best off zapping now and asking questions after.

And at the same time asking Steve to de-activate the nuke just to make sure it isn't going to go boom anyway.

Our situation doesn't look too hot. Despite being one of the big ships, Alpha has been perforated by gauss rounds and, more importantly, it is still firing at the enemies. As sad as it may be, chances are they'll try to erase us from existence.

Here's hoping the ship withstands the assault for just a bit more.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 08, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

Yeah, our ship is dead in the water void and thus likely to get hit, that's why I asked Steve to turn your shell into an escape pod if possible.

It's not quite dead, we have maneuvering. We probably just can't make significant orbital changes anymore. That does remind me of something I wanted to do...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 08, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

It's not quite dead, we have maneuvering. We probably just can't make significant orbital changes anymore. That does remind me of something I wanted to do...

In my albeit limited experience, anything that gives you manoeuvring capability beyond simple pitch, yaw, and roll control at any decent rate will be powerful enough to make at least 1 or 2 significant changes to your orbit. You just have to use it right, and be patient.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 2205