Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492050 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3585 on: May 08, 2014, 07:26:09 pm »

Read if you dare. Pretty typical of the author.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 08, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

A questioned for the fairly ignorant: What the hell are we doing getting shot at? Are we waiting for reinforcements or are we running away?

TCM: Go for a whacky feature and build your character up around it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 08, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

I think we're letting Steve drive the ships in a way that leads to the defeat and ideally capture of the remainder of the enemy fleet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 08, 2014, 07:28:07 pm »

Either I missed something or is TCM talking about May's death?!
This isn't a Chick Tract. People survive when their characters die.
Does anyone else find that sentence impossible to understand or is it just me?

Talking about this type of stuff.

How about playing against type?
Or you could replace your late silly character with a serious one. Or a parody of gritty, serious characters. Either one works well with the thug.
I have a feeling that TCM is perfectly capable of playing a realistic or serious character, but I bet she would enjoy it far less than one of his typical characters.

I have a type? ?_? I've done serious stuff before, all depending on the game of course, whether it be fiery leftist feminist legislator, foreign zealot converted and reborn, or a catgirl with an awful past. I've enjoyed playing as them all and more, but I can definitely understand how it's perceived for me to make the zany folks.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 08, 2014, 08:01:33 pm »

Better yet, create a well-balanced normal person that is completely horrified by all the shit on board. Bonus points if they are a foil for another character.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 08, 2014, 08:21:39 pm »

I was going to get around to reveal stuff about May/Elizas, but then this happened. Since (s)he obviously can't develop from here, might as well reveal the most interesting points. Perhaps I'll put out a more descriptive explanatory narrative later for anyone interested.

Spoiler: Secrets (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31:17 pm »

Y'know I'd like it if you details your answers more :v
Like...why are you bringing up the Chick Tract? What is that anyway?

Me too.

Also hah, I wondered why Elizas was...had a crazy record :v Didn't seem normal how TCM played 'im. Awesome work there :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 08, 2014, 09:25:58 pm »

I was going to get around to reveal stuff about May/Elizas, but then this happened. Since (s)he obviously can't develop from here, might as well reveal the most interesting points. Perhaps I'll put out a more descriptive explanatory narrative later for anyone interested.

Spoiler: Secrets (click to show/hide)
Huh.

Y'know I'd like it if you details your answers more :v
Like...why are you bringing up the Chick Tract? What is that anyway?
Jack Chick is an infamous fundie who made a bunch of comics decrying everything from D&D to the Catholic Church as satanic and whatnot. He's said that it is supposed to be serious, which kinda takes the fun out of reading them. I linked the relevant Chick Tract earlier; it includes an obvious analogue for D&D, which includes among other things: a player committing suicide after her character died, without a saving throw; a cabal based around D&D, the goddess Diana, and witchcraft; and characters being taught real magic.

Me too.
Well, when...*checks link* Marcie's character died, she committed suicide. This isn't like that, so TCM would still be able to post.

Also hah, I wondered why Elizas was...had a crazy record :v Didn't seem normal how TCM played 'im.
Given my limited experience in interacting with TCM's characters, it seemed normal enough to me.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: May 08, 2014, 10:22:59 pm »

She ded. Welp.

Time for next character, I was thinking either a street thug who has to adjust from fighting for money-scraps in the hood to being on the forefront of a revolution, or a cute catgirl. What do y'all think?

Finding Nemo was a leading inspiration for Thrak.  Lars... I really can't remember his motivation for creation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:13 am »

She ded. Welp.

Time for next character, I was thinking either a street thug who has to adjust from fighting for money-scraps in the hood to being on the forefront of a revolution, or a cute catgirl. What do y'all think?

Why not both?

Okay... this idea I *really* like, a catgirl street thug  who'll cut you for staring at her ears? That would be an interesting twist on the character stereotype :D

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3595 on: May 09, 2014, 03:58:24 am »

She ded. Welp.

Why not both?

Okay... this idea I *really* like, a catgirl street thug  who'll cut you for staring at her ears? That would be an interesting twist on the character stereotype :D
Yeah, you could make parallels between his life and the life of a stray cat.
Or like that cat from that Disney cartoon whose name I forget.

@GWG: If you read it as a parody, that's actually kinda funny.
I just didn't understand why you said that since it seemed irrelevant but now I realized you were making a joke.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 09, 2014, 04:57:43 am »

I personally love to see a goth/emo themed character in this sometime. Snarky, sarcastic and at home in depression. Maybe with space magic??

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 09, 2014, 07:24:09 am »

@GWG: If you read it as a parody, that's actually kinda funny.
I was making an allusion to that earlier, but like I said, Jack Chick has clearly stated that they aren't. So any laughing I have at how absurd they are is dampened by "Wait a second, there are people who actually believe this crap..."
And then I'm sad.

I just didn't understand why you said that since it seemed irrelevant but now I realized you were making a joke.
Ah yes, jokedar is an important part of interacting with others in society.

I personally love to see a goth/emo themed character in this sometime. Snarky, sarcastic and at home in depression. Maybe with space magic??
Space necromancy, maybe? Or space diabolism?
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3598 on: May 09, 2014, 09:30:21 am »

Nyaan~ You came to the wrong neighborhood mother fucker! Uguuu~

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 09, 2014, 09:31:32 am »

Long, somewhat crazy action ahead. Brace anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And if your glove tries to eat the ship?

Nyaan~ You came to the wrong neighborhood mother fucker! Uguuu~

Bahahaha.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 2205