Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502726 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2295 on: April 06, 2014, 04:22:07 am »

Hello lw, hope you die a screaming death have a nice stay here at the HMRC/ARM (HARM?).

Sorry for the really late reply, I've been pretty busy today.  I did the edit, on both "New Player Guide" and "Stats and Skills", along with some minor stuff (Stats and skills implied that intelligence was used for manips beyond simply being required to use them, for example).
Ah yes, many thanks. I should spend some more time with the wiki myself, or at least try to set up the prototypes section decently. I did a quick edit to include skills and how they can be optimized.

We should make a "Requests" page or something beyond the current "Wanted Pages" page, just so I have suggestions on things to do.
I wouldn't create a 'requests' page (kinda redundant with 'Wanted Pages' but I'll admit I really should expand upon that section sometimes. There's some general stuff, but nothing very concrete. Wiki is acting up a bit right now though, but I think it fixes itself (database errors, something on their side).

Question for RC: Are you okay with me making relatively small pages that would probably only be linked from one place, like "Battle of Hexbarax (VR Program)"?  Because not wanting to make stub/clutter pages is probably my biggest reason that I haven't edited much.

Sure, go ahead. I added the bit about not just adding pages everywhere to avoid people creating redundant pages or the wiki becoming a mess, but I think it's set up well enough now that you could add new pages without much danger of messing something up, as long as you remember to create a few links in the appropriate places to your new page (else it won't be found very easily by most visitors not checking the 'recent changes' page). One should probably just not change general lay-out or organisation without checking if people agree with it.

While I'm at it: thanks to the people who have continued to update the wiki despite my own negligence as of late. Special thanks to Swordsmith, Syvarris, Kriellya and Paris, who have been the four most active people in the last month or so.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:59:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: April 06, 2014, 10:58:01 am »

Cast Cecil Baldwin from Welcome to Nightvale as Steve.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: April 06, 2014, 11:03:36 am »

Cecil does have a great voice but I'm not sure he's quite sarcastic enough to be Steve. :P

Also more people really should listen to Welcome to Nightvale. >.<
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2298 on: April 06, 2014, 11:57:40 am »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2299 on: April 06, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

We all know each other and often meet. The league of Nikitian's friends.
What my imagination gave me when I read this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:56:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: April 06, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »

Yessssssss.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

abbradar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: April 06, 2014, 06:25:57 pm »

I'm One from the League (guy who posted as Nik before) and I've finally signed up just to show my awe from this description.  :)
Nik is on verge of successfully persuading me to join as well, I just don't have enough time now (bachelor's thesis and stuff)... This guy is dangerous; he *will* build his own Army sooner or later!

EDIT: Guess I was the guy who left after poor Lw descended into vile darkness...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:29:05 pm by abbradar »
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The League of Nikitian's friends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: April 06, 2014, 08:56:34 pm »

We now have a real-life group of buddies and comrades playing in this game.

Awesome. :))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »

So, when should we hold the inevitable ER Convention?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »

April Fool's Day would be the appropriate time, except for having to do it next year.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 07, 2014, 03:59:45 am »

I'm One from the League
Yiss.

Aw yisss.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:19 am »

Oh dear, they're multiplying.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2307 on: April 07, 2014, 09:43:44 am »

Not sure if a convention is viable. I mean, I live in vegas, Ti lives in brazil, I think, Sean lives in Russia(?), Nik and his growing gang of friends live somewhere outside the US, etc. I'm pretty sure a large amount of our players are way too far away from me.

Bout the best we can hope for is some sort of skype or Mumble thing where we can all shout at each other through the tubes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2308 on: April 07, 2014, 09:45:10 am »

Also, is there anyone still down there in the on planet headquarters? I assume that the sod commander and sean are in the control room, but anyone else? I keep  feeling like there's someone else down there but I can't remember and it's bugging me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: April 07, 2014, 09:46:59 am »

Nah, someone should become supermegarich and fly around the world gathering everyone up on a private jet.
And then dock onto a sci-fi spacefaring vessel and fly off whilst nuking Earth behind us, and go join up with some giant space civilization a few galaxies over, and have all sorts of zany adventures fighting aliens and designing weapons and turning into abominations and fun stuff like that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 2205