Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492304 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1860 on: March 23, 2014, 09:49:51 pm »

The VR picnic was one of the best, if not the best RP this game has seen in my opinion.
Link please? :O

Also, how's...everyone doing?
I haven't done much of anything as of late.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »

((Or we could sell it for tokens and use it as extra mission payment. That seems fair.))
((This gets my vote.))
((Same. Though we could give it to new guys as well, should we so choose.))
Reposting for convenience.
Well, while it's here...
Wouldn't that be covered in the distribution of mission payment?
True, it might. It seems most of us here agree on the gear goes to payment fund, though, so at least we have that semi-voted on. Any objections?

Also, I might start up a new version of the mercenaries system rtd I ran forever ago. Any tips/feedback on how to make it work better/be more fun this time around?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:55 pm »

I linked it back there, Tir. But here it is again. :P It goes on for four or five pages at 50 posts per. Might've went longer but reasons.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 24, 2014, 12:00:03 am »

((Or we could sell it for tokens and use it as extra mission payment. That seems fair.))
((This gets my vote.))
((Same. Though we could give it to new guys as well, should we so choose.))
Reposting for convenience.
Well, while it's here...
Wouldn't that be covered in the distribution of mission payment?
True, it might. It seems most of us here agree on the gear goes to payment fund, though, so at least we have that semi-voted on. Any objections?
Well according to the current loot distribution rules that i only partially disagree with devastators loot would go to the team fund upon hus death unless one of our current inmates decided to kill him in a moment of greed, but then jim or miyamoto would probably kill that person for teamkilling before claiming the loot and donating it anyway.

My only objection with the current rules is in cases where killing the enemy destroys the loot, in such cases i believe that looting rights should go to the person who "nullifies the enemy threat" as this allows everyone the option to keep loot in play, increases the potential capacity of the loot fund and enables character development to proceed at a less stagnant pace.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 24, 2014, 12:06:20 am »

Can we stop beating that dead horse?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 24, 2014, 12:09:55 am »

Can we stop beating that dead horse?

+1

You, Radio, and possibly PW just work it out in a quicktopic or something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 24, 2014, 12:13:43 am »

I believe in such instances the "killing an enemy destroys the loot" clause resolves the looting conundrum handily. Whoever kills the enemy obviously doesn't get the loot. Anything else, obtained in whichever way, goes to the team fund. Unless you manage to obtain the loot and kill the enemy, in which case the loot is yours. I think in the instance that sparked this whole debacle (again), Auron simply couldn't act fast enough to get the loot, because everyone else was focused on just destroying the opposition. In the upcoming boarding, however, I think he'll get plenty of opportunities to exercise his advanced looting methodology.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1867 on: March 24, 2014, 07:02:46 am »

Hay, maybe RC should post saying that Miyamoto takes command of a Sod team? And someone else should do the same with the other? Because I think piecewise might not shoot them up there otherwise.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 24, 2014, 07:10:06 am »

Hay, maybe RC should post saying that Miyamoto takes command of a Sod team? And someone else should do the same with the other? Because I think piecewise might not shoot them up there otherwise.

If nobody else claims the two remaining sod teams, Miya will command them. And he'd keep them in reserve to back up a team should they get in trouble or if they know they won't be capable of taking control and need help with extraction or something. Mostly so we won't get that situation where one team has people to spare while another desperately needs more manpower.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1869 on: March 24, 2014, 07:21:26 am »

If nobody else claims the two remaining sod teams, Miya will command them. And he'd keep them in reserve to back up a team should they get in trouble or if they know they won't be capable of taking control and need help with extraction or something. Mostly so we won't get that situation where one team has people to spare while another desperately needs more manpower.
Ah, OK, that's a good idea.

Oh, now that I saw this...
Also, how's...everyone doing?
I haven't done much of anything as of late.
Most of the players (list here) are in this thread going to space to board some enemy spaceships.
Miyamoto, Feyri, Jim, Anton and some others didn't go on the mission and stayed back in the ship thread, watching TV or doing other things.

Oh, you also got a big gun, don't know if you noticed that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:27:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43:48 am »

Anton is only technically "watching TV", because said TV set (meaning, set of TVs) will be transmitting feeds from a sod group he's going to be acting as director and mission control for during the boarding op. Risk-free participation! :D
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1871 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:38 am »

Why not use the VR?  It will be like you are really there. Minus the bleeding and the dying.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:59 am »

"Hmm, wonder what that sandwich tastes like."
Quite possibly heart attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:31 am »

I've never actually had one and it doesn't sound that good to me. >.> Give me a standard hamburger with mustard and onions any day...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:33 am »

Indeed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 2205