Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493273 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1785 on: March 20, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

I had Jack volunteer for Milno's team by replying to the message Milno sent.

Yes, I saw that. I'm taking Renen as the only other veteran in my team, though. I was in doubt whether I should make more heavy-hitting (full of vets) teams or more balanced ones, but since I believe the new characters should have at least one person to rely/fall back to/use as a shield...

And since you have a civic defender's longcoat, you may qualify as shield in the eyes of newbies. There's that.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 20, 2014, 12:20:31 pm »

I started Team H for Lars- he'd take you (or anyone, really.  He's open minded like that.)

Apparently Lars is in Team F with Jack already.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 20, 2014, 12:23:41 pm »

Apparently Lars is in Team F with Jack already.

I do have the gift of foresight, except when I do not or it matters somehow.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 20, 2014, 12:33:12 pm »

So. My team is a swordsborg with a couple guns, a Priest of Steve with a rifle, and two people whose sheets aren't linked under Current Mission Information, one of whom is a smallish child with a rifle and respawning abilities.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 20, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

Why did you attempt to make that an image?

Zako sometimes accidentally clicks the img button instead of the bold button. :P That's why I always do my tags manually...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 20, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

That's why I always do my tags manually...
Same here. Plus, it just feels right somehow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 20, 2014, 12:38:13 pm »

So. My team is a swordsborg with a couple guns, a Priest of Steve with a rifle, and two people whose sheets aren't linked under Current Mission Information, one of whom is a smallish child with a rifle and respawning abilities.

You'll probably do fine. IIRC, Dominika is a (novice) space magician which guarantees you have a pretty reasonable swiss knife. Grate can act as a constantly respawning spotter for her attacks.
>Yes?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 20, 2014, 12:45:09 pm »

Which leads to a train of thought about space magic sensors...how much feedback can you get from amps and such? If you tell it to apply, say, a decinewton of force to a thing a dekameter that way from you, can you determine how much a thing moves? Or something?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 20, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »

Lars also has a loaner Shard Launcher from Miyamoto.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 20, 2014, 01:12:15 pm »

((Woo!  I got picked for the team that has Milno and Renen.  Either of them could probably solo a ship!))

That's a good point. One of the reasons I got him was because I thought I needed at least one quick and powerful person to join with Milno for a powerful vanguard. That and  he was one of the people who offered to join Milno.

I could probably shuffle things and toss him in a team where he could be of more help and take another newbie in. Since our team has Milno and an actual fleshtech with a emergency kit, preventing new soldiers from bleeding to their death shouldn't be too hard.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:24:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 20, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

((We've all been on the planet for a year.  I think it's safe to assume everyone knows everyone.))
(Lets just say it was wiped due to the death thing.)
Wait, Grate died in the battle?
Also, this should really be OOC.
Sig

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 20, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »

((We've all been on the planet for a year.  I think it's safe to assume everyone knows everyone.))
(Lets just say it was wiped due to the death thing.)
Wait, Grate died in the battle?
Also, this should really be OOC.
I'm taking about the squished by rock/chewed by generator/etc deaths.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 20, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »

((Woo!  I got picked for the team that has Milno and Renen.  Either of them could probably solo a ship!))

That's a good point. One of the reasons I got him was because I thought I needed at least one quick and powerful person to join with Milno for a powerful vanguard. That and  he was one of the people who offered to join Milno.

I could probably shuffle things and toss him in a team where he could be of more help and take another newbie in. Since our team has Milno and an actual fleshtech with a emergency kit, preventing new soldiers from bleeding to their death shouldn't be too hard.

Well, they are on a fairly weak team otherwise.  Saint has exactly zero combat ability, and Thaddeus only has a +1/3 to his weapons.  Unless you replace Renen with one of the more effective newbies, Milno actually will have to solo the ship.

Which might make sense, depending on the other teams' composition.  But it's worth noting.
Totally not pointing this out just so I have two powerhouses on my team.  Nope.  Nu-uh.

And GWG's talking about the massive year-long timeskip that happened right before the battle.  During which nobody died.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 20, 2014, 01:38:52 pm »

Well, they are on a fairly weak team otherwise.  Saint has exactly zero combat ability, and Thaddeus only has a +1/3 to his weapons.  Unless you replace Renen with one of the more effective newbies, Milno actually will have to solo the ship.

Which might make sense, depending on the other teams' composition.  But it's worth noting.
Totally not pointing this out just so I have two powerhouses on my team.  Nope.  Nu-uh.

And GWG's talking about the massive year-long timeskip that happened right before the battle.  During which nobody died.
I know that. Just referring to the fact that Grates memory within a widening time frame gets wiped or something like that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 20, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »

Thinking about taking someone (not May, since she's their ad-hoc doc) from Team G. They could probably do with a bit more cyborg samurai.

Need to find their stats to get someone reasonably combat-effective, though.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 2205