Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493276 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1770 on: March 20, 2014, 12:08:46 am »

Do you really want to imagine a Xan pigeon?
Of course not, Xan would be a parrot. More specifically, an aquatic parrot, which people tend to incorrectly refer to as "squid".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:10:20 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 20, 2014, 12:18:38 am »

Heh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though I suppose this one fits Xan better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 20, 2014, 12:21:37 am »

Actually, the first image does. That was of a parrot, you could tell by the beak. The second image doesn't have a beak, therefore it is not a parrot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:14 am »

Because a beak is absolutely the defining characteristic of a parrot. And not, you know, the lack of tentacles. :P

Still, given the criteria we have,  Option #1 is certainly more of a parrot. Option #2 doesn't have a beak *or* lack tentacles. A clear loser in the race to being a parrot.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 20, 2014, 05:25:20 am »

Something tells me Pyro is fishing for someone to make a HMRC-themed Hatoful Boyfriend knockoff. :P

Considering I didn't even know what that was when I posted them, no. It's just amusement on my part.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 20, 2014, 07:24:07 am »

Because a beak is absolutely the defining characteristic of a parrot. And not, you know, the lack of tentacles. :P

Still, given the criteria we have,  Option #1 is certainly more of a parrot. Option #2 doesn't have a beak *or* lack tentacles. A clear loser in the race to being a parrot.
What about a cuttlefish?

Pretty sure they have "wings", tentacles and a beak, they are kinda like the perfect eldritch parrot.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 20, 2014, 07:58:00 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1777 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:44 am »

I'm laughing right now. Good work.

Completely irrelevant, but I just realized that I'm in boarding pod A. That means we will be the first to be launched. Against ships that are probably equipped with point defense lasers. The first target to appear in their sensors.
...I'm really hoping Steve launches some decoys first.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 20, 2014, 08:33:18 am »

The pods have an outer layer of that laser resistant material from the anomalous planetoid mission, remember? In theory, the PD lasers shouldn't have any effect.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:06 am »

I'll get to choosing people for my team now since the large amount of volunteers surprised me. Let us hope that doesn't mean our pod will be destroyed before even making it to the ship.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1780 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:59 am »

I think its armor is made from sand from the Abyss.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 20, 2014, 09:06:35 am »

Make grenades out of scrap metal and rocket fuel?
What am I, Tony Stark?
(Besides, that wouldn't be sufficient. Rocket fuel is--intentionally--not too explosive, and frag grenades--IIRC--include steel wire for the fragments.)

PW did say that AUX would be useful.  Go along with three heavy hitters and be their door opener.
What three heavy hitters are in need of a door opener? Or at least don't have a fourth already?

What a ray of sunshine.

Anyone want to give a suggestion that lets Grate contribute? I'd really like to contribute.
Well, Anton's setting up remote mission-control for a bunch of Sods. Grate could do the same.
That could work, too.

The pods have an outer layer of that laser resistant material from the anomalous planetoid mission, remember? In theory, the PD lasers shouldn't have any effect.
In other words, the UWM probably upgraded or augmented their PD without telling us and we're doomed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:32 am »

I'll post in a while. I'll try balance veterans and newbies in my team at a 2:2 ratio so I don't hog two vets for Milno's team.

Edit: Does anyone have Thaddeus' stats?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:27:24 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 20, 2014, 11:44:39 am »

Double post: anyone still out of a boarding party will now be assigned to one through my arbitrary and occasionally nonsense logic. I'll try to balance the vet:newbie ratio to try and have the latter group face this as a learning experience without having their guts spilled all over the place.

In case you are dissatisfied with how teams end up, do rectify the problem by swapping members between parties.
>Yes?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 20, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »

Double post: anyone still out of a boarding party will now be assigned to one through my arbitrary and occasionally nonsense logic. I'll try to balance the vet:newbie ratio to try and have the latter group face this as a learning experience without having their guts spilled all over the place.

In case you are dissatisfied with how teams end up, do rectify the problem by swapping members between parties.

I had Jack volunteer for Milno's team by replying to the message Milno sent.   
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 2205