Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494554 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1620 on: March 13, 2014, 05:23:51 pm »

Wow, do I really need to spell this out again?

Also this has nothing to do with miyamoto so he can butt out, i dont care if he is a giant synthflesh demigod.
Hello, this is me, radio controlled. I play a character, his name is Miyamoto. There is a difference. Seriously, learn this.

Miyamoto isn't even actively involved in this at the moment. I literally mentioned that he wouldn't bring it up out of the blue in the post just before it. I commented on the situation to maybe help clear things up a bit, and make sure everyone is talking on the same level. Because when I didn't address the loot thing in the previous mission at the moment itself, it lead to serious bickering.

And by the way, Miya is Steve's commander in charge of the defense, so yes, he could get involved if he needs to. Hell, he might be able to pull Auron off of boarding squad if he made too much trouble (which I wouldn't do without very good reason, cause I don't like to block other players like this). But again, Miya (my character, remember) won't get involved unless he's forced to.

If you want loot to go into the team fund so bad why dont you just take your decomp and skill bonuses and go make some available yourself, we have plenty of technicians capable of at least identifying the lifelocks and youve got an amp capable of turning the explosives into silly putty.
We don't even know if there'll be a dedicated team fund this time, and Miya is more interested in protecting his teammates' lives and winning this battle than getting loot. and as I showed before, there is an inherent risk/difficulty in trying to incapacitate your foe rather than indiscriminately killing him. Maybe once we know for certain we're dealing with the last wave and the battle is won, then he'll try to score some tokens for the team, but until then he's playing it safe. Which means murder.
... That was a strange combination of sentences.

Remember that Miya only ordered everybody to fend of the invaders. He never asked or encouraged anybody to disable enemies in order to get loot. And I showed before that killing is easier/safer than disabling, especially in a high-stakes combat mission like this one. So if Auron still does that, he is operating outside his explicit orders, which in real-life could get him court-martialed (no really, if a tank operator tried to pull his punches when shooting an enemy tank so he could scavenge it for whatever later on, his superiors wouldn't take lightly to that).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 13, 2014, 06:53:35 pm »

Youre the one who brought miyamoto into this by saying hed likely get involved sooner or later and may be forced to put Auron on a tight leash.

The only authority you have over Auron is the authority i give you, that authority extends only as far as movement and whether or not i attack something and i reserve the right to ignore you if the situation calls for it. how i attack and what i do with any loot dropped by enemies ive incapacitated is completely my decision.

As for pulling punches to gain loot, it may be risky for Auron to do it but you have what three +1 bonuses and a decompensator? You could be instantly incapacitating the uwm forces at no risk to anyone.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 13, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »

So does anyone have any ER slashfic they'd like to share?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 13, 2014, 06:59:18 pm »

ER slashfic

wat
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 13, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »

No, you're the only one that's done that, Toaster.  As I remember, it was also a crossover with Perplexicon.

...Y'know, a randomized slashfic generator based on Perplexicon words would be... interesting.  And disturbing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 13, 2014, 07:05:23 pm »

You're right!  Totally not a subject change attempt!

Actually, a randomized slashfic generator would be interesting, especially if you took the wordlist and replaced all instances of proper nouns to pick two randomly from a list (and then use those two names consistently throughout.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 13, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »

This is actually a thing? What the hell?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 13, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »

Christ. I don't even anymore.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »

TCM GONNA' DELIVER. (NSFW)

I might make an organic one sometime later, this is a generated one. And yes, the A.M. is the most manly man there is.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:22 pm »

Christ. I don't even anymore.

I know, right?  The muse struck me hard that day.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 13, 2014, 07:27:42 pm »

I might make an organic one sometime later, this is a generated one. And yes, the A.M. is the most manly man there is.
I entered in potato for every field. Best fic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 14, 2014, 01:06:18 am »

My view on slashfic: I'm disgusted but intrigued.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:07 am »

Heh, nice try. But really, I've been continuing this discussion as a way to stay entertained until PW returns with updates, I'm not taking this seriously (evidenced by mentioning catgirls and safe violence). But if people are too annoyed, sure, I'll stop. Though I don't get how one could be annoyed, nobody is forcing anyone to read the OOC thread, but eh.

I know, right?  The muse struck me hard that day.
And good it did, that was a hilarious thing to read.

This is what I got. I swear I didn't know what I was doing, I never heard of that site before (by the way, clicking the link takes one to the generator, not your completed story).

I like how it turned out.
Spoiler: True Love by Fate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:18:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 14, 2014, 09:42:53 am »

i have repeatedly informed you guys that killing the enemy destroys over 90% of the loot and asked that you refrain from killing those i have incapacitated, requests that have been almost unilaterally ignored. If im the only one putting any effort into keeping loot active then i feel no obligation to share with those who are mindlessly destroying it.
*smacks UP repeatedly*
Well excuse us for wanting to kill the bastards instead of being killed!
Commander Bradford says it well.
If you wanna kill them, kill them. Just dont come crying to me when you dont get any loot fund bonuses.
Because people who risk the mission objectives for material gain definitely deserve to be rewarded.

And your requests aren't lining up with your (claimed) principles, as Pyro pointed out.

This would make sense if we were playing world of warcraft, but alas there are no bosses here and no epic loot at the end of this raid.
Because the minor details of the analogy are MUCH more important than the point he's making.
And yes, there is "epic loot". It's called a while friggin' planet!

Besides, if you know your clanmate is only coming along for the loot then you cant really complain when they focus on increasing the overall loot haul at the expense of completion speed.
1. If you're here only for loot, that's a problem.
2. We're not just expending "completion speed"--you're risking the lives of your comrades by asking us not to kill these guys. Not-dead enemies are good at killing us.

C. Pulling my blows does not only increase potential loot, it also preserves "ammunition" so i can fight longer.
...at the expense of doing less damage.

E. Tokens trump points, especially where battlesuits are concerned.
Points as in brownie points, not stat points. (He's saying that putting personal financial gain above the success and well-being of the group is not a way to make friends. And it's a good way to lose friends, alienate people, and get a bad review from Steve at the end of the mission.)

-snip-
Rules are rules. And hey, RC admitted that rule was bad! But if we're going to ignore the rules whenever it suits us, we just about might as well have an ad hoc loot distribution system.

Youre the one who brought miyamoto into this by saying hed likely get involved sooner or later and may be forced to put Auron on a tight leash.
And you're the one who's telling us that Auron is going to have discipline issues in the future that will require COs to put him on a tight leash.

The only authority you have over Auron is the authority i give you
I can't wait until you try this in the field. Oh, and if you try this too much...well, imagine what would happen in a typical military. Best-case-scenario, KP duty, cleaning the latrines, and missing all the fun missions.

As for pulling punches to gain loot, it may be risky for Auron to do it but you have what three +1 bonuses and a decompensator? You could be instantly incapacitating the uwm forces at no risk to anyone.
I find this unlikely. More specifically, I find it highly unlikely that this will be the safest, most efficient use of Miyamoto.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 2205