Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493456 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1425 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

I'm still wondering how I got AUX out of helping build HQ.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

...People got tokens during the timeskip?  I missed that.  Oh well.

The last turn makes me think of battleship, what with the firing on certain sectors.

Also, Kri, shouldn't you update your sig?  I would think three of our bunkers being hit by our own artillery would qualify as an "incident".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 07, 2014, 04:03:49 pm »

The last turn makes me think of battleship, what with the firing on certain sectors.
You sank my mothership!

Also, Kri, shouldn't you update your sig?  I would think three of our bunkers being hit by our own artillery would qualify as an "incident".
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 07, 2014, 05:30:57 pm »

(@ Whitius, Zako and Grunhill: happy to see you'll all be joining the mission, we can use the manpower.
That said, I don't think I'll be putting all three of you in G team. Miya is in charge of commanding defense forces, and you'd help out more if you're spread out amongst different teams. I think I'll put Bishop in team G, cause he has a MkIII (and mobility is kind of team G's shtick), but only if Zako will be able to post semi-reliably again. So, can you, Zako?

Whitius: Marcius Rolande has been added to team B. Join them when you can.
Grunhill: Renen has been added to team D. Have him report to Felix for orders.
Zako: Bishop added to team G, for the moment.

So. Radio_Controlled gets control of Grate until I get back.
Uhh, kay then. Gonna try to play it safe though.

In the future, having any kind of artillery be fired by conventional-focused players using dynamic bonuses or decompensators would likely make it a godsend. We'd probably even pull off time on target.
Or we invest RU in a better targeting system. Or we ask PW if we can automatically charge a dynamic bonus while the guns are reloading. Anything but the current system of rolls sans bonus.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »

It was more of a comment on the lines of "that would work wonderfully" rather than "that would actually be practical" since we saw the artillery is deadly but not very accurate and we know veterans with decompensators tend towards being demi-gods in their area.

Since ARM will be returning to "normal" missions after the current one, it'll take a while until we need artillery support again.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1430 on: March 07, 2014, 05:48:53 pm »

You sank my mothership!
You've sunk my battleship!
Play it safe with the immortal? The only real danger is getting crushed and losing his equipment, I think.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 07, 2014, 06:05:42 pm »

You sank my mothership!
You've sunk my battleship!
Play it safe with the immortal? The only real danger is getting crushed and losing his equipment, I think.
We don't know the exact details of his immortality yet though. Maybe he's at the last of his x lives.

Since ARM will be returning to "normal" missions after the current one, it'll take a while until we need artillery support again.
Probably yes. Or maybe there will be combat missions but with more npc's to do actual combat instead of 30+ players partaking at once.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 07, 2014, 06:55:42 pm »

Just because you're taking part in more traditional missions doesn't mean you won't be having artillery support for a while.

I'll be sure to send some mobile artillery. Suitably creepy mobile artillery, if I can design a suitable wetware with high CON skills and a built-in decompensator.

Certainly would have helped on the Dam mission, for team B. Before the China-9 overload, at least.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 07, 2014, 07:05:53 pm »

You could use Xan as a template. Having shapeshifting workers would be useful, and he'd be amendable to it IC as long as he gets to do some things in return.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 07, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »

Just because you're taking part in more traditional missions doesn't mean you won't be having artillery support for a while.

I'll be sure to send some mobile artillery. Suitably creepy mobile artillery, if I can design a suitable wetware with high CON skills and a built-in decompensator.

Certainly would have helped on the Dam mission, for team B. Before the China-9 overload, at least.
Make sure its cannon is the creepiest face. And that it likes to watch its teammates when it's not busy firing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 07, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »

Make sure its cannon is the creepiest face. And that it likes to watch its teammates when it's not busy firing.
And subtly rearrange parts of itself when no-one's looking. Also, give it eyes that never blink.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 07, 2014, 08:37:55 pm »

Heh.
I've got a stopgap solution, which has allowed me to submit a turn IIRC. Not that I mentioned.

You could use Xan as a template. Having shapeshifting workers would be useful, and he'd be amendable to it IC as long as he gets to do some things in return.
Assuming it doesn't come with other problems, like lack of stability, or megalomania.

And I'd go for synthflesh before...flesh-flesh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »

And I'd go for synthflesh before...flesh-flesh.
Synthflesh would be a lot stronger, which you'd expect on a piece of heavy artillery.

Flesh-flesh is far more malleable, which you'd expect on something that haunts your nightmares and watches you sleep.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:56 pm »

He's quite stable and non-megalomaniac now. Character development.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 07, 2014, 08:42:39 pm »

Flesh-flesh is far more malleable, which you'd expect on something that haunts your nightmares and watches you sleep.
I dunno. Synthflesh can be twisted to any form you imagine easily, and it's scary on its own.

He's quite stable and non-megalomaniac now. Character development.
I mean physical stability.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 2205