Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493081 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1410 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:07 am »

Charro (noun). 1. Mexican cowboy, typically one in elaborate traditional dress. 2. Badass.
Holy crap, I did not know that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 07, 2014, 07:55:14 am »

My laptop charging cord is broken. I'm borrowing a public computer in my dorm lobby, but I don't think they'd appreciate me spending an hour or two every day monopolizing it for forum stuff.

So. Radio_Controlled gets control of Grate until I get back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1412 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:40 am »

Reminder: Tomorrow is probably my last post for a few days, depending on circumstances. I might get one out on monday, but I'm not sure. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Piecewise Mainframe is undergoing routine maintenance.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 07, 2014, 12:47:56 pm »

Ok, I'm ashamed to admit that for a time I was so preoccupied with training up for my military interview that I neglected to pay attention to this monster of a game and since I didn't have the nerve to trawl through the threads to figure out what the hell is going on, I am hilariously far behind.

Can someone give me the summed up events of what happened up until now? I last posted before the time skip, so yeah... Really far behind...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 07, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »

Aux: 1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 07, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »

Ok, I'm ashamed to admit that for a time I was so preoccupied with training up for my military interview that I neglected to pay attention to this monster of a game and since I didn't have the nerve to trawl through the threads to figure out what the hell is going on, I am hilariously far behind.

Can someone give me the summed up events of what happened up until now? I last posted before the time skip, so yeah... Really far behind...
Well, let's see. We have set up our defenses - the bunkers, the ships, the artillery, and the new base in the aurora (you were around for when the aurora was created, right?), and then we had a timeskip and the enemy attacked.

Then one quarter of our defenses blew up another quarter of our defenses (that would be the artillery and the bunkers, respectively), and people are dying left and right, but with the aid of our ships we managed to repel the first wave.

Now the second wave is incoming, and I fully expect one of our ships to randomly crash into the base, completing the war of the defenses and once again proving that the best defense is the one that has the best offense.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1416 on: March 07, 2014, 12:58:56 pm »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 07, 2014, 01:01:08 pm »

In the future, having any kind of artillery be fired by conventional-focused players using dynamic bonuses or decompensators would likely make it a godsend. We'd probably even pull off time on target.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 07, 2014, 01:35:32 pm »

In the future, having any kind of artillery be fired by conventional-focused players using dynamic bonuses or decompensators would likely make it a godsend. We'd probably even pull off time on target.

Or Sods specially made for the purpose. Like sniper sods, but modified to have pretty much no physical stats and very highly boosted CON. And a decomp.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 07, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »

Cool. I'm not sure if I should get level ups or not though... Did everyone get a level up from the time skip or something?

I'm thinking that I'm in either the reserve squad or the command post defence, since that means that I'm not anywhere that messes up past events too much.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 07, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »

Cool. I'm not sure if I should get level ups or not though... Did everyone get a level up from the time skip or something?

I'm thinking that I'm in either the reserve squad or the command post defence, since that means that I'm not anywhere that messes up past events too much.

No. Well, one or two people might have, but usually you only got a bonus to a single skill.

Never said how much of a bonus, now I think about it...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1421 on: March 07, 2014, 01:47:50 pm »

No. Well, one or two people might have, but usually you only got a bonus to a single skill.

I think it was something like either 3 points to skills or 5 points to stats or something in between (1 point to skills and 3 points to stats for example).

You can just say what you did during the timeskip or just say which of your skills and stats you want to boost and PW will give the appropriate bonus.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 07, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »

Cool. I'll just post the time skip details and mission deployment stuff here for Piecewise to see.

Bishop spent his time practicing his shooting skills mainly and helping out with mechanical stuff when needed. He also got the last of his auto protectors installed so he has full coverage as well as had battlesuit armor plating installed over the main areas of his suit, including the rocket pods.

For this battle, he cashed in his gauss rifle and rocket rifle, picked up a Sibilus rifle and a cutting laser, 2 spare clips for each weapon and also got an advanced kit for field repairs. He placed himself with the mobile reserve group so he could be utilized for heavy weapon deployment and onsite repairs.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 07, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »

I think it was something like either 3 points to skills or 5 points to stats or something in between (1 point to skills and 3 points to stats for example).

You can just say what you did during the timeskip or just say which of your skills and stats you want to boost and PW will give the appropriate bonus.

I don't think PW wanted retroactives. He was rather insistent that if you didn't get it in then, you didn't get it at all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 07, 2014, 03:30:11 pm »

I very much regretted not choosing to work during the timeskip like Teal did. I needed tokens way more than I needed 3 points of Conventional, really.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 2205