Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491945 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1275 on: March 04, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

I am a beast at endurance rolls.
Not so good at shooting rolls.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:38 pm »

Teams D, B, F and G, gimme a sitrep, I need to know who's still standing.

Already done.

He then switches his radio to the Command frequency, if he knows it, or a general one if he doesn't. "Centcom, this is Felix Grant, D Team. Bunker Five was just destroyed by friendly fire, one of those huge cannon rounds. Lars is dead, and besides Maurice, myself, and two Sods, I have no idea what the rest of Team D or the reinforcements from Team G look like. We didn't get a single shot off against the UWM forces, unfortunately. We're both injured pretty badly, so if you could send someone to come pick us up, that'd be nice. We ended up in the tunnel underneath the bunker."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »

I wonder if it was possible to spend RU to add directional rockets to all rounds like the ones LESHO projectiles have. Probably make things more complicated, but I think this wouldn't be happening. Too bad these ideas tend to pop up too late.

I didn't think those shots wouldn't get some sort of bonus (or that getting a one would be so bad), or you can bet I'd have invested in something for that. Seriously, I expected to maybe have our guys be hit by some shrapnel by a round impacting too close, but three of them hitting our own bunker? Damn. That's some amazingly bad aiming right there.

@Pyro: see if those things can charge up dynamic bonus or something. Cause we'll need it.

Teams D, B, F and G, gimme a sitrep, I need to know who's still standing.

Already done.

He then switches his radio to the Command frequency, if he knows it, or a general one if he doesn't. "Centcom, this is Felix Grant, D Team. Bunker Five was just destroyed by friendly fire, one of those huge cannon rounds. Lars is dead, and besides Maurice, myself, and two Sods, I have no idea what the rest of Team D or the reinforcements from Team G look like. We didn't get a single shot off against the UWM forces, unfortunately. We're both injured pretty badly, so if you could send someone to come pick us up, that'd be nice. We ended up in the tunnel underneath the bunker."

Yeah, just addressing all the teams that got hit there, I saw it. Just think Miya asked for it right after the shells impacted and he knew about it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:41:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 04, 2014, 07:49:14 pm »

Yeah, I also didn't think this kind of thing would happen either. No one could predict it.

I did imagine a stray shell would probably cause a lot of death during some point in the battle, but as it is, the RNG is very, very pissed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 04, 2014, 07:51:22 pm »

Feels like we are playing on easy mode.
Wrongest thing I have ever said.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1280 on: March 04, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »

It's frankly kinda amazing how bad those rolls were. I mean, in order for you to have one of the shots even miss the target you have to roll lower then 3. For it to even have a chance of hitting you, you need a 1. And for it to actually hit you, another 1 or 2. You have to roll 1-1 or 1-2 otherwise they don't hurt you. And thats like what? A 6% chance at worst? More like 5%?  1/20?  And it happened 3 times! Thats a 1/8000 Chance!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »

Hey PW, might consider changing the RNG you use. The UWM has clearly hacked your current one.

Did the artillery even affect the opposing forces at all?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:58 pm »

Lyra, Team G

Lyra continues to stay next to Faith.

Wait a moment for the rest to attack the high-priority targets (battlesuits and exosuits) and melt the center of mass for any that weren't taken down by someone else. If all the high-priority targets are taken down, then make a wide, thin, knee-high horizontal blade of heat through the remaining unarmored sod formation. Reminder that I took the time to prep for my amp's use already.
((I hate having to do this, but um, you missed me, and I was in the same bunker as Faith. Was I hit?))

Cross-posting this since PW posted in here since I posted that, and I still don't know my own fate.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:45 pm »

Well, whoever's firing the artillery is now on Xan's shitlist for bombing his bunker once, then bombing the other one once he moved to a different bunker. It's almost like they're targeting him!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:50 pm »

Well, whoever's firing the artillery is now on Xan's shitlist for bombing his bunker once, then bombing the other one once he moved to a different bunker. It's almost like they're targeting him!

I'll note that Simus isn't actually controlling the artillery beyond telling it which enemy formation to attempt to fire in.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:50 pm »

Yeah, but he don't know that.
Still, this is turning out very fun!

Bets on most of the team being robots by the end?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 04, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »

*Whistles entirely too cheerfully*

Think there's any point to taking out the damaged, near-Thundertron battlesuit with berserk mode instead of my manip?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:35 pm »

I am somehow reminded of this post.

The real irony is I just finished reading Roadside Picnic, and it got me thinking that PW was really being nice to us with these alien terrain missions.  The inspiration is really clear, though.  Good read.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 04, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

@IronyOwl: Inter-team communication is restricted to team leaders so the report has to go to Milno.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 2205