Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491909 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1260 on: March 03, 2014, 11:52:36 pm »

The predominance of amps certainly makes for a boring battle. :(
C'mon people, more dakka!
I haven't actually attacked yet. You have not seen dakka yet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 04, 2014, 12:52:08 am »

YOU GOTTA KEEP REPLYING ON THE ON-SHIP THREAD YOINK
FOR THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
ITS THE ONLY THING STOPPING THE EMPEROR
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!  :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 04, 2014, 10:52:22 am »

I think mortar and artillery attacks should be announced through comms to avoid friendly fire, specially if someone good at melee - like berserking Faith - is doing what they do best.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 04, 2014, 12:32:21 pm »

I think mortar and artillery attacks should be announced through comms to avoid friendly fire, specially if someone good at melee - like berserking Faith - is doing what they do best.
Yeah, friendly fire from the bunker is the reason I decided not to slither out and berserk those battlesuits' joints out if they got too close.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 04, 2014, 06:01:01 pm »

@syvarris: Why not just test the HUD on your own suit and then upload it to the rest if it's working instead of risking doing bad things to the rest of your team? Even if the chances of something bad happening are low, I don't see any benefit for not trying it out on yourself first.

'Cause the first time I rolled AUX, I had been charging a dynamic bonus for two turns, which would have practically guaranteed a five.  And I wanted it to be useful right then, because we were being attacked, so I was fine with the 17% risk of overshoot.

But I didn't realize dynamic bonuses were nerfed, and I rolled a five.

Next time... I assume you're talking about the big bit saying "DON'T DO THIS IF IT REQUIRES A ROLL!"?  Testing it on my own suit wouldn't help, because the roll is just to install it.

Also, testing it before deploying was already my plan if I can deploy the finished program without needing to roll.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 04, 2014, 06:17:51 pm »

((I assumed Flint and Mesk were talking face to face because he said "sup", which is a strange thing to say on the radio, at least in my opinion. Although I guess Milno could had been nearby and Flint didn't see him.))

Find and join up with Team G.
"'sup?"

I think he said 'sup' just like someone who joins a group and addresses everyone in the neighboring area since he didn't specify a receiver and both Milno and Flint are there.

On a different note, it's good to point out when you're using external or private comms, by the way. Even when standing face to face, the standard is assuming people are using the radio normally.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1266 on: March 04, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »

yeah, I guess I should had been clearer and shouldn't assume stuff.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1267 on: March 04, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

Speaking of friendly fire.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:11 pm »

yeah, I guess I should had been clearer and shouldn't assume stuff.

Don't sweat it.

@piecewise: Where those rolls Endurance or Dexterity ones?

Quote from: piecewise
The fact that none of you are prema-dead is basically just displaying the fact that I'm actually far too nice in how I calculate this stuff sometimes.

Yeah, if the first friendly fire incident had been any more catastrophic, I think I'd do what I'm about to do: ask for the artillery to stop firing before it gets all of us killed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:01:55 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 04, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »

Welp.  There goes my plans of being an actually effective Xan.  On the upside, I get to really really abuse AUX now~

Also, first thing Saint does when he wakes up is program better fire controls for those frigging mortars.  They have a higher killcount of ARM personnel than the UWM!

...Which is pretty much par for the course, I guess.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 04, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »

Remalle, you have to add your team's name to the top of your post or piecewise'll ignore it. We are pretty much screwed now so we really need that help.
>Yes?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1271 on: March 04, 2014, 07:16:45 pm »

((What did I say about Artillery. If you're going to use it, you should put it at the bunkers so that it literally cannot friendly fire.))
They can always shoot directly upwards. Then you'd have both a destroyed bunker and a destroyed artillery piece.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »

((Jesus. With any hope, enemy FleetCom will think our artillery has been taken by UWM friednly forces.))
That is the only possible explanation for this result.
I mean seriously. Whoever programmed those things should be fired. If they're Steve-controlled, he should eject and dispose of the brains responsible. SERIOUSLY.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 04, 2014, 07:20:33 pm »

I wonder if it was possible to spend RU to add directional rockets to all rounds like the ones LESHO projectiles have. Probably make things more complicated, but I think this wouldn't be happening. Too bad these ideas tend to pop up too late.
>Yes?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 04, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »

Well, that could have gone better. Could have gone worse, I suppose.
Nikitian, Felix will back down instantly if you want Maurice to take command, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2205