Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487187 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »

((I like this punishment. If only more leaders would come up with stuff like that.))

You can count on me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »

I thought we had an advantage over UWM because:
1. We do lots of genetic modification, which UWM is way against.
2. We do big synthflesh things, which... I think UWM doesn't like?
On the other hand, they have more resources (at the moment). We have one--or maybe more, depending on where the other ships struck--of the UWM's major factory-worlds, but they have much bigger fleets at the moment. The question is if we can leverage our advantages to survive until we manage to catch up.
Another major advantage we have is our anomalies--the Nyars boxes presumably have some awesome stuff, and there's no way that Steve's letting us buy the best.

So how large would a synthflesh organism need to be in order to be fully sentient?
Um, how about no? Synthflesh beings without control are...dangerous.

Also, If we get our own sub-board, I'm wanting TINKER THREAD.
Indeed. We'll be getting that, I believe.

My main question about the revolution is this: Is there still a chance of us losing, and the whole revolution being crushed/scattered by the UWM? Or are we on da rails?
I hope there's a chance we can lose. Although thankfully, it isn't just up to us.

((Edit: There's also this: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Feyri_Nirel ))
Neat...block thingy. Anyone care to try adding one to everyone?

...there is also the 1/16 th kiloton round but only for the gauss cannon.
Note to self: Design 1/32 kiloton round for gauss rifles.

Wait, "Earth-3"? Did they blow up the first two or are they naming systems after major planets and not stars?
Original Earth has been turned into a museum world of sorts. Naming other planets after Earth is just people being people.
That's boring.

Yes, quadcopters are mostly limited to minor civilian stuff right now.  And yes, the ones that people can own are a tad small to be combat aircraft.  Obviously you would have to upscale them if you wanted to mount gatling lasers or whatever it is that Sean's mounting on his ponies.
Are you familiar with the square-cube law?
Or the "There's no way a craft that flimsy could hold scale gattling lasers" law?
Or the "Aircraft can't really add armor if they want to also fly" law?

I would like to point out that we don't have any equine robots that work particularly well right now, either.  IIRC, mostly because we don't have technology that can control them well enough.  And possibly because we don't have a decent enough equivalent for the muscles.
We have both in the ER-verse. As to the latter: Synthflesh, if all else fails. As to the former: Look at the kludgebot. And imagine it was designed by someone competent.

Mentally, I'm thinking of it as similar to a small helicopter.  After all, we currently have combat helicopters that are pretty dang effective.  This would just be much smaller, more manueverable, and more durable.  Compared to rocket drones, it should be able to carry more non-fuel weight, because you could power it with nuclear stuff.  That would also give it an obscene operational time, if everything else electrical is anything to go by.
Do you want it to fly? Then don't count on it having anything heavy. Like armor. Or big guns.

They don't need to be directly overhead for kinetic bombardment to work.
If they want the bombardment to hit in any kind of reasonable time, be anything like accurate, or not be laughably easy to shoot down, they still need to be in orbit. I'm pretty sure we have laser batteries all around the planet, not just near the facility.

And they're far more likely to cripple the facility to make the invasion easier: They can repair it afterwards...
1. How would crippling facilities make invasion easier? This ain't Starcraft, we're not going to be making more combat robots or troops in the middle of battle.
2. They still think this is just a worker rebellion. No reason to break stuff, and it's expensive to repair giant craters.

Right now, I think Steve is just using the HMRC as a tool for some plan of his.  It might be simply expanding his control, it might be just giving the UWM a good kick in the behind, but I really doubt he is actually wanting to put ARM in control. I will be very surprised if it ends up that Steve has been completely honest with us.
I'm guessing he's planning to use us as a crutch to get into power, and then we'll either be judged and imprisoned/executed/released or else used as some kind of elite espionage/law enforcement unit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:10 pm »

Oh man.  If I had any Flash skills I'd totally make a ER TD game.
At first I misread that as ERTD. As in E(rotic?) Roll To Dodge game.
...It was an unusual, confusing mental image.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »

When designing combat aircraft, it's not an automatic "It can't have armour or it won't fly!" deal.
You have to strike a balance between manoeuvrability, size, armour, weapons, cost, etc. much like any other vehicle. It's true that it will probably have less armour then a tracked vehicle of the same size but that doesn't make it useless.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2014, 01:17:51 pm »

So, if Tir and I are supposed to take a level-up, I'll take 5 more Willpower and 3 more Exo.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:38 pm »

When designing combat aircraft, it's not an automatic "It can't have armour or it won't fly!" deal.
You have to strike a balance between manoeuvrability, size, armour, weapons, cost, etc. much like any other vehicle. It's true that it will probably have less armour then a tracked vehicle of the same size but that doesn't make it useless.

(yes I am aware it's a fake)

Also, for a more reasonable approach to a flying tank, look at either your american AH-64 Apache, or our Ka-52 and Mi-28.

Or the Antonov A-40.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »

At first I misread that as ERTD. As in E(rotic?) Roll To Dodge game.
...It was an unusual, confusing mental image.

That can be done too.

Or the A-10 Thunderbolt.  It's got a pretty serious gun on it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2014, 01:35:22 pm »

((Ahh, how does "Go to briefing room, talk to whoever" get turned into "Go to infirmary, talk to Simus"?  Can we retcon it so that I went to the briefing room, like my action said to do?))
Probably because Simus was in the infirmary. And is the one calling the mission.

((Yes, Serious, Saint's mistaking Jim for Steve IC.  Steve's the only synthflesh person Saint's seen, and he jumped to conclusions.))
What about Simus? Also there (I think), also synthflesh.

The video panels display the phrase "DISARM!"
((Clearly you should burn his arm off.))
+1

True enough, but it forces you to reconsider if flying is really that useful.

Aw, that's a really cool impractical airplane.

Anyways, I've been considering if Grate would be willing to tinker for Simus. On one hand, it's nice to Simus, but on the other it's mean to Jim.
Sig

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:50 pm »

Also, for a more reasonable approach to a flying tank, look at either your american AH-64 Apache, or our Ka-52 and Mi-28.

Or the Antonov A-40.

Man, the K-7 was a failure.

I can remember, has the UK ever designed its own attack helicopters?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »

Oh it's a real plane alright, except it was never outfitted with turrets. It had enough trouble flying on its own.

For a real giant kinda-airplane with huge weapons, look no further than the Lun-class ekranoplan.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:40 pm »

Oh it's a real plane alright, except it was never outfitted with turrets. It had enough trouble flying on its own.

For a real giant kinda-airplane with huge weapons, look no further than the Lun-class ekranoplan.

Oh god, I've heard of the Elranoplan airplanes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »

((Yes, Serious, Saint's mistaking Jim for Steve IC.  Steve's the only synthflesh person Saint's seen, and he jumped to conclusions.))
What about Simus? Also there (I think), also synthflesh.

Easily explained. Both are synthflesh, but Jim has a male form, while Simus has a female form. Therefore it is easier to confuse Jim for Steve. Or at least, that's my take on it. :P

Anyways, I've been considering if Grate would be willing to tinker for Simus. On one hand, it's nice to Simus, but on the other it's mean to Jim.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Mind clarifying?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2014, 02:35:34 pm »

Considering bloater trees are free to plant anywhere as we wish, we should spam em around possible enemy drop points.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »

((I was actually considering RU cost, but that helps too. So 30-ish tokens all in all. Hell of a cost to prototype. Anton might have to get a prototyping grant from Simus after all.))
((Indeed.
I wish I could think of something as neat as Arty to prototype.))

"And having four arms is pretty advantageous when it comes to close combat, believe me."
That's the only use you can think of?

"I guess none of us are completely sane, so I count it lucky that his variety is harmless. Just ask Saint Milno." Jim chuckled to himself. Saint asked about Milno and the AM, and he thought about it. "I don't know what the deal between the two of them is. I guess Milno is one of the few people she respects enough to not kill when they ask her questions."
Assuming Saint* isn't telepathic, here's what he heard:
Quote from: Jim
"I guess none of us are completely sane, so I count it lucky that [Lars's] variety is harmless. Just ask Saint Milno...I don't know what the deal between the two of them is. I guess Milno is one of the few people she respects enough to not kill when they ask her questions."
Saint may now think Lars is female. And violent.

RU cost to plant some near maturity 'Bloater trees' (rapid fire seed exploding trees) near suitable air drop points.
Free.
Huh. They are native.

You accidentally erase your own credit card's magnetic strip. Way to go, Maglameo
I'm not sure which is more amusing, the (admittedly obvious) pun or the idea that we have credit cards now.

The difficulty starts at impossible and then it ramps up.
So, kinda like XCOM?

Oh. Yay.
That one was the flying aircraft carrier, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Mind clarifying?
Which part?
I mean I've been considering having Grate make tinker things in Tinker for the next few days, since it would be nice to Simus (and Pyro), but on the other hand it's kind of ignoring Jim's authority and such.

Considering bloater trees are free to plant anywhere as we wish, we should spam em around possible enemy drop points.
I assume that there's a certain "but if you abuse this you'll regret it" clause.
But yes. And possibly some around other important points that frail people won't be passing by.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »

I would be wary of any line of reasoning which leads to a "Brother Lars" being identified as female. Not dismiss it outright, but be very very wary of it.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 2205