_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927010 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23610 on: February 04, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

((Ahh, how does "Go to briefing room, talk to whoever" get turned into "Go to infirmary, talk to Simus"?  Can we retcon it so that I went to the briefing room, like my action said to do?))

If so: Saint notices Jim, and walks up to him smiling.  "Ah, Steve, I see you got your body repaired!  Interesting choice with the extra arms.  Do you mind if I ask why you prefer to have a physical form present for these things?  I would think a few simple cameras and speakers would suffice."

((Yes, Serious, Saint's mistaking Jim for Steve IC.  Steve's the only synthflesh person Saint's seen, and he jumped to conclusions.))

Talk to Jim.  While doing so, use my AUX charge to write a program that passively records all movements made by the exoskeleton and preps them for future examination and copying.  I.E. if I run, I'll get the commands to make the exoskeleton run.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23611 on: February 04, 2014, 01:26:57 pm »

Hm... maybe information and education is overrated. There's no explosions! Fortunately, we can fix that.

Instead, activate that Wayback Machine. Pick a random HMRC mission that I haven't been on. My equipment shall be what I currently have, plus a Single Seat Rocket Bike.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:29:42 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23612 on: February 04, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »

The video panels display the phrase "DISARM!"

((Clearly you should burn his arm off.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23613 on: February 04, 2014, 01:34:04 pm »

(That's fine, Syv. :P)

Jim turned to look at the newcomer. "Me, Steve? No... I don't believe we've been introduced. My name is James Kelly. I'm one of the three generals under Steve's direct command; my job, besides shock and awe tactics on enemy forces, is mainly keeping everyone in line and playing nice... and figuring out what to do with them when they don't." He extended his lower right hand to Saint on the grounds it would be the easiest to shake. "And having four arms is pretty advantageous when it comes to close combat, believe me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #23614 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:16 pm »

Heat up the knife.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

The video panels display the phrase "DISARM!"

((Clearly you should burn his arm off.))
((That's plan B. Or maybe plan C, with plan B being DISHAND!))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23615 on: February 04, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »

(That's fine, Syv. :P)

Jim turned to look at the newcomer. "Me, Steve? No... I don't believe we've been introduced. My name is James Kelly. I'm one of the three generals under Steve's direct command; my job, besides shock and awe tactics on enemy forces, is mainly keeping everyone in line and playing nice... and figuring out what to do with them when they don't." He extended his lower right hand to Saint on the grounds it would be the easiest to shake. "And having four arms is pretty advantageous when it comes to close combat, believe me."
((I can't believe you passed up an opportunity to say how handy it is to have four arms. Seriously.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23616 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:36 pm »

Saint shakes the proffered hand, then continues talking.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed you were Steve because of the face... I guess that's just the default.  Well then, I'm Steve Saint, although I've been going by 'Saint' for obvious reasons.  I'm...  I used to be a doctor.  Good to meet you, Jim."

Saint pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I've already met Miyamoto, in a way.  I assume he's one of the generals?  Who's the third?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23617 on: February 04, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

Jim nodded with a shrug. "The same. As for the face... It's something to do with how synthflesh is made. We can't really change how we look. And yes, Miyamoto is one. He's basically in charge of all the planning. The third one is Milno. You can recognize him by his mechanical claw and prosthetic leg." He smiled to himself as he realized that all three of the generals had really obvious traits about them; Miyamoto was the only Avatar of War, he had four arms, and Milno had his Honey Badger prosthetics and armor decorations.

"So... welcome to the former HMRC, now A.R.M., Saint." Jim smiled again. "...With a name like 'Steve Saint,' you might get some attention from Brother Lars. He worships Steve." That would probably be the only explanation Saint needed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23618 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Saint nods as he listens, although his face twitches a bit when Jim mentions the HMRC.  He quickly regains composure and raises an eyebrow.

"He... worships Steve?  That's... odd.  Do you mean bad attention, or good?   Also, I think I saw Milno talking to the Armory Master.  Seems like they have a bit of a relationship.  What's his area of expertise?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23619 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:11 pm »

Look up the specs for armoured tanks and rolling bunkers. List from easiest and cheapest to construct, to hard and expensive.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23620 on: February 04, 2014, 02:33:15 pm »

"He considers himself the head priest of a pantheon, with Steve as Zeus if you're familiar with old Earth mythology. Anyway, I would say good attention. Lars is harmless... to teammates. He's a surprisingly good soldier. I guess none of us are completely sane, so I count it lucky that his variety is harmless. Just ask Saint Milno." Jim chuckled to himself. Saint asked about Milno and the AM, and he thought about it. "I don't know what the deal between the two of them is. I guess Milno is one of the few people she respects enough to not kill when they ask her questions." He shrugged.

"Milno? Mainly rifles as far as I'm aware. His job is whatever needs to be done. The high risk guy. He's pretty good at surviving, too. He's made it through eight missions and has very few injuries."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23622 on: February 04, 2014, 03:09:52 pm »

((It is probably worth a mention that if Jim and Saint are attending Simus' meeting, they should probably talk in the Survey Team thread - which can probably be renamed to better reflect its current status.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23623 on: February 04, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »

Jim shrugged. "You'd have to ask Steve that. My guess is that Steve trusts him to get things done no matter what it takes and get out alive. That's more than can be said for some of us. Milno and I went on our first mission together; he made it through losing his right arm, while I'm given to understand that I was just a pair of arms and a head by the end of it. I wouldn't know. I died early on due to heavy laser fire. Cut me in half right here; even if that wasn't a mortal wound, the depressurization would have got me seconds later." He indicated his navel - or where one would be, were he not synthflesh - when he said 'cut in half'.

"Feyri was also with us, along with Faith and Ivan. I haven't seen Faith in a while but I know she ended up in a synthflesh body, and Ivan ended up being mutated and killed before he could rampage aboard the ship." Jim indicated Feyri when he said her name. "Or to put it another way, of the five of us who were on that mission, Mino is the only one still possessing at least 80% of his original body, so I'd say he knows a little about getting missions accomplished."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23624 on: February 04, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: message back
If only a few bolts are needed then of course I won't take it apart just for that, that would be ridiculous.

And I do think gauss cannons count as infantry weapons, though one could probably argue otherwise.
Makes you realize what a lethal time we live in, where infantry employs weapons more destructive than the vehicle weapons from before.

Hmm, before you touch that robot, I'll need you to find a pilot. No use in spending time on that thing if you can't find a pilot anyways. And you not piloting it still stands, if only so Simus won't completely hate my guts. I'll still have to work with that gal even after we leave here, so yeah, can't have her loathing me. But while you find a pilot you can start researching what weapon that thing will get, so it can be added as soon as I give you permission.

Once you find a pilot, report back to me and make sure that person sends me a message also. Then we'll continue.

Then Miyamoto sends a transcript of the conversation with Auron to Jim, to inform him of his decision:

Quote from: to Jim
[messages with Auron]

So yeah, that's what I decided upon. I'm trying to be practical here, and if that robot exist might as well make us of it. Even though it'll probably only soak up some cannon shells before exploding, but eh, we'll see.

You ok with all of this, by the way?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 ... 2101