Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492268 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4920 on: May 26, 2014, 08:50:59 pm »

@Toaster Who all would know that Lars has the OOP amp? I bet it would be possible to use that as a way for at least Lars to keep track of everyone. Or modify everyone's brains for a sort of team telepathy between ourselves. Though I imagine Milno would strangle Lars if he had to keep hearing Lars praising Steve all the time, in his head :)

That is something I'd rather not risk. I don't think we're that desperate XD
The mini-cam's can be used as 1-way comms to their receiver (my data-pad). Should be good enough to get us into town. If the cameras have any sort of motor control (I don't remember if they do) we could even get a simple 2-way channel.

Milno at minimum would know about the amp, by virtue of selecting the team and presumably seeing their loadout.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 26, 2014, 09:19:21 pm »

@Toaster Who all would know that Lars has the OOP amp? I bet it would be possible to use that as a way for at least Lars to keep track of everyone. Or modify everyone's brains for a sort of team telepathy between ourselves. Though I imagine Milno would strangle Lars if he had to keep hearing Lars praising Steve all the time, in his head :)

Just +2/3 and no decomp?  No thanks.

To answer the first question, as far as I know only Milno knows that.  I should probably confirm it got installed, as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31:01 pm »

When Aresteve says there are 93 workers left, does that mean there are only 93 working age adults left on the planet of Hephaestus, or is that just in the general area?

Because I hope it's the latter.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4923 on: May 26, 2014, 09:32:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure I said someone would have to trade their case to carry the communicator, since it's as big as a case.

Steve said something along the lines of "One of you may want to take this etc etc." and I thought that meant someone could just carry it with them aside from their case. Additionally, I did mention I wanted to cut down on any non-essential material to get at least one less case with us.
Ah well. We'll assume one of you has it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:14 pm »

When Aresteve says there are 93 workers left, does that mean there are only 93 working age adults left on the planet of Hephaestus, or is that just in the general area?

Because I hope it's the latter.
So do we all.

((Or just blown it up in the hallway outside the command center where nobody was.))
Please tell me that this wasn't in response to:
((I'm not going to respond until you've opened the package, GWG - 'tis better that way.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 26, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »

It wasn't. An ARM member by the name of Leo Girard tried to blow up the Hephaestus Command Center with a nuke during the boarding phase of the defense. He was stopped by a good flying kick (an overshot; I was just trying to tackle him), and is currently imprisoned on Hephaestus.

I doubt very much anyone is trying to blow up Grate; it'd be kind of pointless. Judging from Pyro's reaction to the box, it's something Simus did in a PM action. I don't recall it being mentioned before.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 26, 2014, 10:13:00 pm »

It wasn't. An ARM member by the name of Leo Girard tried to blow up the Hephaestus Command Center with a nuke during the boarding phase of the defense. He was stopped by a good flying kick (an overshot; I was just trying to tackle him), and is currently imprisoned on Hephaestus.

I doubt very much anyone is trying to blow up Grate; it'd be kind of pointless. Judging from Pyro's reaction to the box, it's something Simus did in a PM action. I don't recall it being mentioned before.
It might be a Nyars box she took with her from the sword. I think I recall her bringing one or two with her.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 26, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »

Sword is correct, though it was more an action of Radio's that I am privy to. And that's all I will say about the matter, other than saying that Grate needs to open his package before I will converse about it - and I'll say that in-character and out.

Also, it's likely 93 in total - from what I've gathered, most of Hephaestus is automated with Aresteve (formerly ARES) controlling most things. The workers were pretty much a force of technicians, and probably some administrators and sod commanders. And it was on a skeleton crew when we invaded.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:12:14 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 26, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

Apparently my gauss rifle is twice as powerful as a normal one. Somehow. So, nyah! :P

Edit: I like how missions A and B both have a clear leader, whereas C is just this scrambling free-for-all that's bound to end badly with everyone having their own ideas of how to handle the tasks at hand. This should be fun.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:47:15 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 26, 2014, 11:56:03 pm »

Just like the first mission I went on. Fun times.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 27, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

Apparently my gauss rifle is twice as powerful as a normal one. Somehow. So, nyah! :P

Edit: I like how missions A and B both have a clear leader, whereas C is just this scrambling free-for-all that's bound to end badly with everyone having their own ideas of how to handle the tasks at hand. This should be fun.
It's almost like Steve expected them to get things done, then threw us expendables out in the cold to fend for ourselves.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 27, 2014, 12:09:15 am »

Well, at first it seemed like C was going to be a capable, experienced team of heavy-hitters...
...And then people got shuffled in and various vets got shuffled out. I'm not complaining, it'll probably be hilarious.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 27, 2014, 12:13:04 am »

Well, I might as well have Jason test out the Shackle while we're away from civilization. Nothing could go wrong. But maybe I'll wait for another challenge so I don't run out of charges on it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:32 am »

Well, at first it seemed like C was going to be a capable, experienced team of heavy-hitters...
...And then people got shuffled in and various vets got shuffled out. I'm not complaining, it'll probably be hilarious.
I'm a heavy hitter.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: May 27, 2014, 12:19:30 am »

Message the Armoury Master:
Quote from: Simus -> The Armoury Master
I need a bit of advice regarding Organochemistry or Neural Connector amps (much more likely the former) - during the space battle, a member of ARM came into the control room and attempted to detonate a nuclear device. He was subdued, and is imprisoned, but we can't be sure whether or not he was acting of his own free will. Is there any way, without the use of amps (as we have nobody to use them, nor even the means to manufacture them yet), to determine whether someone has had their mind manipulated?

Isn't the Sword outside of real space right now? I was under the impression that ships at FTL were rather incommunicado, since travel is subjectively instant, but objectively takes years. So you can talk to Steve (who is not on any one given ship), but not any of the crew, until the ship arrives a few years down the line.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 2205