Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491639 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3270 on: April 28, 2014, 08:43:44 am »

First off, "entertainment" =/= "silliness". Second off, "contestants" =/= "audience member played by someone no one likes".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3271 on: April 28, 2014, 09:23:16 am »

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation? I posted an escape action, it was just ignored. What, should I have attacked someone else first? Yeah, right. The whole thing was idiotic to begin with.

How was it "fun" for anyone involved? "Oh, now the pile has the body of an audience member! Haha!" Yeah...that's dumb. Seriously, this whole thing is idiotic. Moreover, it makes NO sense, as I've explained patiently.
And yes, I was enjoying the character. P.S. Screw you.
It wasn't ignored, you just rolled bad. Audience members don't have stats, so I just roll standard d6.  In the case of multiple people doing the same action, I roll them all and then average them out. The mob average was a 4. Your roll was a 1.

And I hope you realize you can just immediately create a new audience member and get more dd. I mean, if some starts abusing that by giving all their money to a friend and then killing themselves to get more, I won't have that, but in your case it's fine.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 28, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

Well, time for Jack to Doplomance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: April 28, 2014, 12:26:04 pm »

And time for Grate to simultaneously snark and prepare a backup plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 28, 2014, 01:12:42 pm »

Clearly the power of Steve has granted us entry.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:29 pm »

I think that's a matter of opinion.

And I've received a friendly warning about my explosion over you guys not understanding that I care that my character was murdered. I'd say I'm sorry, but that wouldn't be honest. It was a perfectly valid point, that you guys should have thought about little things like that, and I am still quite angry at you.
I can, however, honestly say I wish I hadn't said it.
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 28, 2014, 03:27:47 pm »

I think that's a matter of opinion.

And I've received a friendly warning about my explosion over you guys not understanding that I care that my character was murdered. I'd say I'm sorry, but that wouldn't be honest. It was a perfectly valid point, that you guys should have thought about little things like that, and I am still quite angry at you.
I can, however, honestly say I wish I hadn't said it.

Well, I already offered my apologies over the whole thing, and aside from wholeheartedly inviting you to join in on the audience rp fun I'm not sure what to do here. I'm sorry you got a warning over it, it would suck to lose out most prolific forum member over something like this.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

@Swordsmith: I don't think we should take any more chances with the codes. As far as we know, the commanders may have given you a boatload of orders that make sods rig the ship with bombs, overload the reactor, destroy anything important in sight or any similar jerkassery. We should probably cut our losses while only one sod team had the faulty order relayed to them.

Of course, testing the orders on individual sods lowers the risk, but still I doubt the commanders are afraid of dying and consequently willing to give out the correct orders.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:24:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 28, 2014, 05:36:26 pm »

Yeah, I know. It's more of a formality thing, with the 'truth' spiel I did last turn. And I'm willing to risk adding a couple more Sods to the ambiguous dead/saboteur pile for the command codes.

Plus, Hasala is sitting in a comfy command chair back on Hephaestus and isn't too worried about saboteurs yet. He would probably be a bit more cautious and not have tried any of the codes at all if he were actually there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 28, 2014, 05:41:28 pm »

There are two non-sod teams inside the same ship, though. That and his performance is still up to evaluation post-mission.

In any case, I'm just hoping these orders made the sods suicide. If they've gone into "destroy stuff" mode, I'll have Milno drag Skylar along in order to fix the situation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 28, 2014, 08:26:31 pm »

I'll have Milno drag Skylar along in order to fix the situation.

I dislike any plan that involves being dragged away from my nice, comfy command center into the depths of the ship where random sods are setting off explosives and generally trying to wreck my day :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: April 28, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »

Didn't you folks see Reservoir Dogs?

Mr. Orange: What happens if the manager won't give you the diamonds?

Mr. White: When you're dealing with a store like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says fucking shit after that. You might get some bitch talk shit to you, but give her a look like you're gonna smash her in the face next, watch her shut the fuck up. Now if it's a manager, that's a different story. Managers know better than to fuck around, so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: April 28, 2014, 10:34:52 pm »

Eh. I considered that, but they didn't even flinch when I executed one of them. They're fanatics, and they're almost certainly willing to die for the UWM. That said, I'm beating them to death one by one mostly because if they start reconsidering they have a chance to say something. Rechecking my action for this turn, they'd be executed anyway, though, as it stands. Should probably change that...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 29, 2014, 07:40:23 am »

The discussion in the mission thread has me wondering: can the Neuro amp get information from  "dead heads" that are revive capable?  It's a thing to test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: April 29, 2014, 09:11:42 am »

Well, I already offered my apologies over the whole thing, and aside from wholeheartedly inviting you to join in on the audience rp fun I'm not sure what to do here.
Just to point out, last time I did that my character got killed for no good reason.

The discussion in the mission thread has me wondering: can the Neuro amp get information from  "dead heads" that are revive capable?  It's a thing to test.
It's probably possible, indirectly. I bet the AM and Doc have all sorts of mind-reading and/or interrogation techniques...

Do whatever my team leader tells me to do.
Don't forget your team name.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 2205