Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491824 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3285 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:04 am »

The discussion in the mission thread has me wondering: can the Neuro amp get information from  "dead heads" that are revive capable?  It's a thing to test.
Yeah, they're very fun. I really wish I had put my -1 in medical instead of exotic so I could buy one. They seem to be the only way to have a chance to play the game stealthily and non-lethaly. Too bad there's no way to change your profession.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3286 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:47 am »

The discussion in the mission thread has me wondering: can the Neuro amp get information from  "dead heads" that are revive capable?  It's a thing to test.
Yeah, they're very fun. I really wish I had put my -1 in medical instead of exotic so I could buy one. They seem to be the only way to have a chance to play the game stealthily and non-lethaly. Too bad there's no way to change your profession.
Hows about some radical, possibly lethal, expensive brain surgery?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: April 29, 2014, 10:27:25 am »

Just to point out, last time I did that my character got killed for no good reason.
Then don't. Do what you want man, I was just offering.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:50:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: April 29, 2014, 11:34:50 am »

((Oh dear.  That sounds familiar.))

Yeah, just like the Ghostship's memories. Of course, that means the incoming contact is probably an unstoppable wall of doom like the one we saw.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 29, 2014, 11:56:44 am »

Ooh, I wanna try that after I get back.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3290 on: April 29, 2014, 12:23:15 pm »

Hows about some radical, possibly lethal, expensive brain surgery?
That... actually sounds very tempting. I know it's a bad idea to multiclass and especially in such a dangerous manner (probably ~25% chance of death), but I don't think I'd be able to resist the opportunity. I haven't been exactly smart while playing Flint.
Although I have to wonder what happens if I overshoot? It won't move all my points going to exotic, will it? We don't need another Xan. Or is it a surprise?

Ooh, I wanna try that after I get back.
Yeah, that's going to be fun.

EDIT: *sees turn* YES! Diplomacy finally worked! Thank you!

EDIT2: Wonder whether or not the UWM did any "tactical overloads" during the altered wars. Seems like a viable tactic. If you're overwhelmed and about to die, overload.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:52:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 29, 2014, 12:52:27 pm »

((Oh dear.  That sounds familiar.))

Yeah, just like the Ghostship's memories. Of course, that means the incoming contact is probably an unstoppable wall of doom like the one we saw.
Eeeeeyup. I wonder if I'll even be able to do much. And if all else fails, liberal application of nukes should help.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 29, 2014, 12:58:08 pm »

Eeeeeyup. I wonder if I'll even be able to do much. And if all else fails, liberal application of nukes should help.

I find it kind of funny that your first plan is "I'll shoot it with my gun!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 29, 2014, 01:05:37 pm »

I find it kind of funny that your first plan is "I'll shoot it with my gun!"

That's mostly cause I haven't had a decent chance to test my heavy laser for all it's worth. Besides, what else is there to do in that first turn but to get in position and charge a bonus? I suppose I could set up a few nukes already, but it that strategy worked very well then I'd imagine the UWM already has a few down there. And if laser is ineffective, then it's manip time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 29, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »

That's mostly cause I haven't had a decent chance to test my heavy laser for all it's worth. Besides, what else is there to do in that first turn but to get in position and charge a bonus? I suppose I could set up a few nukes already, but it that strategy worked very well then I'd imagine the UWM already has a few down there. And if laser is ineffective, then it's manip time.

I wonder if you'll be able to actually see what damage you do with that laser, though. Especially if the Altered attack as a wave of shifting flesh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:28 pm »

Finally, open new tinker project. Name pending.
Search for chemicals with strong adhesive properties. Then look for strong foaming agents that work with this product. I'm looking to create some sort of extremely sticky goop to restrain and detain civilians in a non-lethal way. Kinda like the 'containment foam' in Worm.
You don't need to think too hard on that pending name...
Good luck, by the way. Nonlethal weapons will go a long way towards both reducing cleanup costs and PR. Plus, it makes you feel better to know you're not killing people, you know?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: April 29, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »

Dominika is a newbie space wizard and overuse of her room-warming abilities may end up in an overload since she already did a number on that hallway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: April 29, 2014, 01:57:18 pm »

I wonder if you'll be able to actually see what damage you do with that laser, though. Especially if the Altered attack as a wave of shifting flesh.
Idea right now is to try and slow down the horde so I can throw some nukes at them. Or, if enough get cut down (not very likely) I can close in and use the thermite to prevent them reusing that biomass.

Finally, open new tinker project. Name pending.
Search for chemicals with strong adhesive properties. Then look for strong foaming agents that work with this product. I'm looking to create some sort of extremely sticky goop to restrain and detain civilians in a non-lethal way. Kinda like the 'containment foam' in Worm.
You don't need to think too hard on that pending name...
Good luck, by the way. Nonlethal weapons will go a long way towards both reducing cleanup costs and PR. Plus, it makes you feel better to know you're not killing people, you know?

Fun fact: before hitting 'post', I had named it 'containment foam', but decided against it cause it shouldn't be too similar, y'know?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 29, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »

I was planning on tinkering that exact same thing when the mission is over. Oh well, I have other ideas too.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 29, 2014, 02:12:34 pm »

Still have to finish and test out my Mech design.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2205