Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491844 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3240 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:30 pm »

The... teleports were important, though. You decided to make them a part of your character. O.o
And why exactly would people have needed to "hear" anything in particular?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3241 on: April 27, 2014, 01:34:15 pm »

Earth-3 reminds me of the Arch-Conseravative Nation of LCS. Speaking of plausibility in such an absurd, dystopian future, where people can be killed freely, yet the conformity police catches and reprograms anyone who acts out of the norm, makes me smile. I know it's not the kind of plausibility you're referring to, but still.
It isn't. Even the Arch-Conservatives aren't telepaths, and certainly the lowly citizens aren't.
Important part bolded and underlined.

I was trying to steer the topic away from an arguement by subtly changing the subject to the evils of the Arch-Conservative agenda and LCS in general. I was hoping you'd begin talking about how piecewise made that playthrough of LCS with Liberals sharing the names of ER characters or something similar.

Speaking of which, I just found out that LCS has an android port. Downloading now. This is going to be fun...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lcs.android

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: April 27, 2014, 01:36:57 pm »

Again, GWG, you are fully welcome to respawn and join the band of merry murderers and get some ridiculous rp going. C'mon, be a sport.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: April 27, 2014, 02:15:10 pm »

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation? I posted an escape action, it was just ignored.
Your escape action involved teleportation, something amps have not been known to do. For that matter, you relied on the assumption that the GM would allow some random person to have military grade hardware in the form of amps.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3244 on: April 27, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

Not to mention that the game is set in the past, so amps don't exist, except perhaps as highly classified research projects (because I think that amps were developed during the Altered Wars).

Which begs the question, how did the host knew what magisters are? Did they exist before the UWM in some other form?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: April 27, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »

The... teleports were important, though. You decided to make them a part of your character. O.o
And why exactly would people have needed to "hear" anything in particular?
And what did I do with them? Nothing, really. Screwed with another character once. Tried to keep this mob amusing and harmless.
Because the reason they allegedly chose to kill me was based on something I said.

I was trying to steer the topic away from an arguement by subtly changing the subject to the evils of the Arch-Conservative agenda and LCS in general. I was hoping you'd begin talking about how piecewise made that playthrough of LCS with Liberals sharing the names of ER characters or something similar.
That's...kinda irrelevant. And the issue is still unsolved.

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation? I posted an escape action, it was just ignored.
Your escape action involved teleportation, something amps have not been known to do. For that matter, you relied on the assumption that the GM would allow some random person to have military grade hardware in the form of amps.
Now, when did I say he used amps?
An "Amp?" is not an amp. Seriously, the robe wasn't a tip-off? Or the fact that I made reference to magic dope slaps? Or the fact that "amp" was in quotes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:00 pm »

Well then, if you're going to try and force magic into a completely unsuited setting, why are you surprised with the result?
Booze is Life for Yoink

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: April 27, 2014, 03:29:46 pm »

Three things.

1. No one complained until after they killed me.

2. I kept it minor and to the side.

3. The result had nothing to do with the magic. It had everything to do with you guys being jerks who are making me seriously considering dropping the Dead Man Running crap, if not this whole RtD.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: April 27, 2014, 03:33:18 pm »

Well, I sure found it annoying. Having a player come into an RtD of mine and taking wild liberties with the setting would make me rather mad.
I didn't mention it at the time because I figured it would... *gasp* lead to an argument.
If you shall excuse me I'll be printing out a bunch of flyers and advertising my services as a psychic.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: April 27, 2014, 03:37:13 pm »

Now, when did I say he used amps?
An "Amp?" is not an amp. Seriously, the robe wasn't a tip-off? Or the fact that I made reference to magic dope slaps? Or the fact that "amp" was in quotes?
Well, tell me how he can somehow teleport or, during his introduction, control someone's mind without one whilst still remaining in setting? Or does he somehow violate the setting? If it's the latter, it would seem quite Mary Sue-ish.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: April 27, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »

Three things.

3. The result had nothing to do with the magic. It had everything to do with you guys being jerks who are making me seriously considering dropping the Dead Man Running crap, if not this whole RtD.

I think you are taking this incident way too seriously. It was just an attempt at creating some fun for the audience in the setting of a brutal gameshow. I never suspected you (or anyone) would feel so bad about it. And you never answered me, so I'll ask again: wouldn't you rather respawn and join us for the picture and related rp silliness than mope about it? You could even plot revenge while you're at it! Sweet, sweet revenge. Now doesn't that sound more fun?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 27, 2014, 04:08:56 pm »

Three things.

I think you are taking this incident way too seriously. It was just an attempt at creating some fun for the audience in the setting of a brutal gameshow. I never suspected you (or anyone) would feel so bad about it. And you never answered me, so I'll ask again: wouldn't you rather respawn and join us for the picture and related rp silliness than mope about it? You could even plot revenge while you're at it! Sweet, sweet revenge. Now doesn't that sound more fun?
He's propably just angry over losing all his virtual money :P

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: April 27, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

This is a goddamn piecewise RTD, violent retribution over the most trivial matters is standard practice.

You posted a comment offending multiple characters at a time when the host was saying the audience is worth points, how did you not expect murderous retribution?

In any case there is no point to this argument, you can just respawn and someones already offered you some DD to make up for what youve lost. Just jump back in, get your money and find an excuse to dogpile someone else.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: April 27, 2014, 06:05:27 pm »

(flaming report magnet removed)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:49:41 pm by Toady One »
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: April 27, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »

GWG, I am serious when I suggest this.

Maybe you should take a break from the forums for a day or two?  You've been pretty bilious over it lately; either its lost its enjoyment for you or your perspective is out of whack.  Either way, why don't you step away a bit and get a change of pace?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 2205