Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494715 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21825 on: September 05, 2015, 08:18:50 am »

the retcon bomb would be offensive in its own right for being a retcon bomb.
It's not a retcon bomb, it's a discombobulator bomb, it doesn't rewind time, it messes around with positions and the state of the area.
Now that I think about it, I kinda want that thing now.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21826 on: September 05, 2015, 08:24:31 am »

the retcon bomb would be offensive in its own right for being a retcon bomb.
It's not a retcon bomb, it's a discombobulator bomb, it doesn't rewind time, it messes around with positions and the state of the area.
Now that I think about it, I kinda want that thing now.
Yeah, it doesn't rewind time or change the past, it just improves the situation at the cost of certain, sacrifices. Sacrifices that you won't know in advance, and won't get a choice in.

Also, since it IS, like I said, functionally equivalent to Green Storm, you could try getting whatever hardware is used in it, putting it in the pill machine, and then trying the pill :P

Or just convince everyone to take roofies and recreate The Hangover ^__^
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:29:19 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21827 on: September 05, 2015, 08:59:07 am »

Perhaps we could ask pw to include a less super-important and serious mission (eg eater of cold or arctic exploration vs. diplo mission or Heabi assault) more often so people who don't like the tighter control still have an option.
perhaps the "people in charge" could stop being complete nitwits and realize that the other people wanting to play this game actually have a right to play their own characters and should not be limited to menial trivialities for defending their right to smash their face against the alien canopener.

Take the rocks fall everybody dies haebi monitoring ship mission for example.

I wanted to go on an important mission so that i could learn some of the behind the scenes secrets.
My character was perfectly suited to that mission, perfectly. i had the skills to hack through all the doors, disable or reprogram all the robots, and extract all the data.
what job was i given? meatshield, i was a goddamn meatshield.
what happened when i exceeded my orders and tried to be useful? a commendation you say? no. i was electrocuted twice, had the higher ups attempt to have steve permakill me, and i had to be retconned off the mission.

tell me this shit isn't out of hand, i dare you.

people shouldnt be limited because they want to play their own damn characters.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21828 on: September 05, 2015, 09:05:00 am »

Well, the entire ship was destroyed by the same things you were electrocuted for.
Of course, that just lowers it to 'hypocritical', but still.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #21829 on: September 05, 2015, 09:38:16 am »

I've re-read the IC for mission 22, and Green Storm was ordered the turn after Lyra was shredded by the arbiter.

It seems to me that you'd have had effectively no control even if you were left out of Green Storm.

I'd like to know what a braincase would have done against an arbiter with protective automanips.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21830 on: September 05, 2015, 10:07:27 am »

I've re-read the IC for mission 22, and Green Storm was ordered the turn after Lyra was shredded by the arbiter.

It seems to me that you'd have had effectively no control even if you were left out of Green Storm.

I'd like to know what a braincase would have done against an arbiter with protective automanips.
I was the least affected of everyone. I was tempdead and unable to percieve or act in any way. I don't deserve your sympathy - everyone ELSE on deep team does, but i don't.
anyway, things have shifted from what I was arguing against in the first place. Green Storm is more of a sidebar issue. the main problem is micromanagement of the characters as a whole and the game shifting to actual structured military structure - where the individual soldiers don't mean jack shit aren't told jack shit and don't get to make any decisions because they aren't the ones in command. It's a real thing, it works, and it's also a crap policy to do to players of an RP that did not sign up to be nothing but a puppet on someone else's strings.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21831 on: September 05, 2015, 10:45:09 am »

Well, there is one thing to be said about hierarchical structures: you can rise through the ranks. And it's a great fun too, finally becoming privy to certain secrets and given the reign of command and greater responsibility to boot. If that floats your boat, of course.

And once again, I have to stress, that actually great care and great degree of freedom is given to people playing 'lone wolves' and 'mavericks'. The only thing is that it is now "frowned upon" from in-game perspective, and as such might lead to IC consequences (which have been very few and far between so far, as RC rightfully points out). OOCly, no one denies you the general right to "do as thou wilt" and even the "hard-ass commanders"' players would cheerfully OOCly watch you do as you wish, against all rules and regulations, again as RC said.

It's that the lore of the game is changing in regards to individual effort, placing greater emphasis on organised efforts, thus the metagame slowly (and reluctantly) following it; not the other way around.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:47:46 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21832 on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:22 am »

okay then. I'm done with the argument OOC. fair enough.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #21833 on: September 05, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

Now that you mention it, it would kind of be cool for our characters to have some standard mission VR training.  Would make on-ship more interesting and create some formalized standards for mission execution, which arguably exist but are lacking.

Perhaps it would slightly curb all the "we're fucked" moments I am becoming so familiar with.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:47:17 am by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21834 on: September 05, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

Ah, but the "We're fucked" moments make the game!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21835 on: September 05, 2015, 02:52:44 pm »

Was it ever decided just how much (if any) pay we're getting for M22?
If I can afford a-- wait, never mind, I didn't realise synth-flesh was a whole 20 tokens. O.o

Decisions, decisions... I guess I could still become a robot, go on the mission and just keep my fleshy body in storage somewhere...

Edit: Maybe if I get some tokens I'd buy it some enhanced mobility feet. And I could install my spare cameye! Thoughts, guys?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:55:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21836 on: September 05, 2015, 02:56:46 pm »

Was it ever decided just how much (if any) pay we're getting for M22?
If I can afford a-- wait, never mind, I didn't realise synth-flesh was a whole 20 tokens. O.o

Decisions, decisions... I guess I could still become a robot, go on the mission and just keep my fleshy body in storage somewhere...

Edit: Maybe if I get some tokens I'd buy it some enhanced mobility feet. And I could install my spare cameye! Thoughts, guys?

Synthflesh Jobasio is a thing that must happen. Second only to Jobasio, Avatar of War in list of things I'd like to see in ER.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21837 on: September 05, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

Did AM just mix up two different things?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21838 on: September 05, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

Did AM just mix up two different things?

It could be that the Avatar and Arbiter cloaks are the exact same thing. I mean, how many different varieties of protective cloak could there possibly be?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21839 on: September 05, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »

Quote from: The Armory Master
"It costs...I don't remember right now."
Oh... god. :'(
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 2205