Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491629 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15000 on: April 04, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »

Take me off the team list. I can't work my limbs right now, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10:40 pm »

You sure? You're one of the few non-newbs going. If you're absolutely sure, I'll switch you out with Lenglon.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: April 04, 2015, 01:17:42 pm »

You sure? You're one of the few non-newbs going. If you're absolutely sure, I'll switch you out with Lenglon.

Test out my new body, see if I can make myself more or less "goopy" by concentrating on it or some other way.
You manage to shrink your limbs up into your torso and fall onto the ground like a limp sausage.
I'm just saying, if I can't even really control my arms and legs I'm not sure how good I'll be. If you want the amazing goop-man on the mission I can go, I guess.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: April 04, 2015, 01:20:06 pm »

Well, there's some turns between now and mission start, so you can try to see if you could salvage it. Your call, just don't change your mind an hour before drop/a day before OOC start.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: April 04, 2015, 01:22:05 pm »

You sure? You're one of the few non-newbs going. If you're absolutely sure, I'll switch you out with Lyra.
fixed
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15005 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:38 pm »

@Hapah: You could try to respec to get some more mind levels, assuming that's what it uses. And the added endurance the effect provides would probably be a plus.
Or you can try seeing if you can somehow switch the effect off instead of trying to control it and only activate it when you need it.
Or you can ask for the doctor or the infirmary to remove it. Although then you risk it trying to strangle you like a facehugger.

Although having Lyra with us would probably be better while you work out what you can do. Plus, her enhanced senses and capabilities could help us complete our objective more quickly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: April 04, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »

You sure? You're one of the few non-newbs going. If you're absolutely sure, I'll switch you out with Lyra.
fixed

Hmm? I'll switch out player Hapah for player Lenglon on the list? But yes, I admit I mix IC and OOC for these preparations, it's just way faster and easier.

@sword: you wanna get first pick what map your team gets? And do you have a proposition for landing site?

I think we should drop on higher ground, so we'll have a good image of the surrounding area. Then, if no areas look like they have a high chance to have the brain, we split into two squads and start sweeping (making sure both squads are close to each other so they can support, it's to try and cover more ground quicker). We'll have 1 jeep per squad then.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: April 04, 2015, 01:35:32 pm »

Maybe somebody on M20 could use cameyes to find the root thing and tract it back to the cluster.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38:35 pm »

Radio, you have to edit that 10 token uncon thing on wiki by yourself because I have no idea what it might be.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15009 on: April 04, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »

@RC: Do you remember those tactics we discussed in IRC about Nikitian's character's knife? Were you on at the time? Any chance we will do that?

Oh, and if nobody gets that exoskeleton-usable equipment (Magnums and PEW) can I claim them for Gilgamesh? Because one can never have enough dakka.

@Aoshima: I think he means enhanced capacity.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: April 04, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »

Glorious wiki gnomes, I need your help. Below is the list that PW approved for the blops team to borrow from the armory.
-2 goop throwers w/ goop
-2 Spektr's
-6 goop grenades
-dissolver that comes with goop throwers
-cutting torch hull opener
-7 stims from pancaek  (3 Con, 2 Uncon, 1 Aux, and 1 Exo)
-6 maneuvering packs

Thank you, you wonderful people you
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: April 04, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »

Equipment allocation for ground teams:
Basically, everybody who'd specifically like a certain prototype, say so. Note that that is NOT a guarantee, but it gives me an idea. If you need something else, mention it, but stay reasonable. The normal rules for getting prototypes still count, except for asking IC. Will divide stuff then.

Radio, you have to edit that 10 token uncon thing on wiki by yourself because I have no idea what it might be.
On it, will do.
@RC: Do you remember those tactics we discussed in IRC about Nikitian's character's knife? Were you on at the time? Any chance we will do that?
Not really, was talking to pw about his stuff. Could repeat it in short if you think it's important.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: April 04, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

I'd like to continue testing the MCP-1, please, seeing as my previous character's report for it can be summed up as follows:

Quote from: Any good ghostwriter
MCP suit is comfortable, practical, and keeps sand out of the nether areas. Has a propensity to not protect you from alien star wasp larvae.

Oh, and someone should test the MindFuck gun on the haebi. That can only end well.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: April 04, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

Han would like to test the MCP-1 or MCP-2, whichever is available.

EDIT: What are the upgrades that the MCP-2 received?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: April 04, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

Someone asked what exactly an MCP.I is?  It's a suit that fixes the flaws with the MK.I.  Specifically, where the MK series uses a pressurized atmosphere, the MCP uses Mechanical Counter Pressure; It's just really tight.  Functionally, this means that if you get shot in the arm, you won't instantly decompress and die--you'll just have that section of exposed flesh swell up and freeze.  You know how the Mk.II will chop off limbs if they're decompressed?  MCP.II doesn't do that.  This way, you get to keep your limbs AND your life.  The only part of the suit with an internal atmosphere is the helmet, because if something breaches your helmet, it will probably breach your skull too.

It also does away with the centralized heating array on the back, which explodes like a landmine if pressed against something extremely cold.  Instead, heat is safely dispersed throughout the entire exterior.

Plus, there's the given stuff: minor armor, perfect insulation, radiation shielding, etc.  But none of that is really notable.

@Radio

I was hoping that PW would answer my questions before the final prototype grab began, but I think the assaultsuit should be added to the prototypes list.  Mostly because it uses the MMI as the control system, and the MMI is also being prototyped this mission.

I suggest just one, a mobility variant.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 2205