Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491799 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15015 on: April 04, 2015, 03:17:26 pm »

By the way, how are we (the ground teams) going to look for roots? Maybe we should grab some equipment to look for underground caves of biomatter?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15016 on: April 04, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »

@Comrade P.: Piecewise said the easiest method is to cut the skin and look for those central nerves underneath.

@RC: What was discussed in IRC was someone who has very high brain (probably Morul) takes the bloodless amputation knife and uses it to cut the planet's skin, thus reducing the reaction we get from it while exposing the nerves (someone with good Med can then identify them). If the nerves are found, we hope that we can track them somehow, probably via the use of cameyes. However, there is a chance that Morul's team won't be near the brain and will end up being the bait team.

That is why the other team has Lars. Lars was thinking about downgrading to a Neural Connector due to stat limits. The neural connector is actually much better than the dominator at mind reading. So if the first team fails to use the knife to find the source, Lars can take a mind stim and an exo stim and try to use his amp to locate the source, which should hopefully feel a lot less invasive to the fungi.

If either method fails or is deemed unsafe, we just go back to the regular "cut the ground to find the nerves" method.

EDIT: I can post the log if you want.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:31:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: April 04, 2015, 03:33:54 pm »

@sword: you wanna get first pick what map your team gets? And do you have a proposition for landing site?

I think we should drop on higher ground, so we'll have a good image of the surrounding area. Then, if no areas look like they have a high chance to have the brain, we split into two squads and start sweeping (making sure both squads are close to each other so they can support, it's to try and cover more ground quicker). We'll have 1 jeep per squad then.

Hmm. Map B, with preferred landing site. For your team, I'd say anywhere in the center would be fine.

That's a good general plan, though I don't think we should dawdle on the high ground for very long. AA could target hilltops, as well.

Equipment allocation for ground teams:
Basically, everybody who'd specifically like a certain prototype, say so. Note that that is NOT a guarantee, but it gives me an idea. If you need something else, mention it, but stay reasonable. The normal rules for getting prototypes still count, except for asking IC. Will divide stuff then.

I requested a Sharksuit earlier.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: April 04, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »

Someone asked what exactly an MCP.I is?  It's a suit that fixes the flaws with the MK.I.  Specifically, where the MK series uses a pressurized atmosphere, the MCP uses Mechanical Counter Pressure; It's just really tight.  Functionally, this means that if you get shot in the arm, you won't instantly decompress and die--you'll just have that section of exposed flesh swell up and freeze.  You know how the Mk.II will chop off limbs if they're decompressed?  MCP.II doesn't do that.  This way, you get to keep your limbs AND your life.  The only part of the suit with an internal atmosphere is the helmet, because if something breaches your helmet, it will probably breach your skull too.

It also does away with the centralized heating array on the back, which explodes like a landmine if pressed against something extremely cold.  Instead, heat is safely dispersed throughout the entire exterior.

Plus, there's the given stuff: minor armor, perfect insulation, radiation shielding, etc.  But none of that is really notable.
Correction: MCP-II keeps the irises as well, in case it's not a tidy small puncture, but a gaping whole and you're either completely frakked, or only mostly frakked (incidentally preserving the as much of the body as possible). Also, no armor - that one went down the drain with the proposed sharksuit 1-token vest/helmet.
(Not sure about the radiation shielding, though.)

The stuff MCP-II adds in, compared to MCP-I: Mk-II-esque medical system (including the irises, except recalibrated for closing only in case of major punctures); upgrade system (currently having only the option of maintenance-refillable small tank of fleshknitter); wall-walking soles of the Doctor's design (Nekarios experiment). Anything else increased the cost too much and was scrapped.
Thanks to that, the reviewed price is mere 3 tokens - actually quite affordable even for pod-fresh newcomers.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: April 04, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

Equipment allocation for ground teams:
Basically, everybody who'd specifically like a certain prototype, say so. Note that that is NOT a guarantee, but it gives me an idea. If you need something else, mention it, but stay reasonable. The normal rules for getting prototypes still count, except for asking IC. Will divide stuff then.

Radio, you have to edit that 10 token uncon thing on wiki by yourself because I have no idea what it might be.
On it, will do.
@RC: Do you remember those tactics we discussed in IRC about Nikitian's character's knife? Were you on at the time? Any chance we will do that?
Not really, was talking to pw about his stuff. Could repeat it in short if you think it's important.
I would also like to test the MCP-I if possible.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: April 04, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »

@Comrade P.: Piecewise said the easiest method is to cut the skin and look for those central nerves underneath.

If I get it right, we cut it much - it comes after us real fast and protected from cutting. Doesn't sound good to me. But if its the most effective way, so be it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15021 on: April 04, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »

Easiest does not equal best.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: April 04, 2015, 05:01:06 pm »

@Nik

I didn't say the MCP.II doesn't have irises.  I said it doesn't sever your entire arm if it's merely punctured.  You said the same thing in your post.

The minor features I mentioned are all things that the MK.I has, and hence the MCP.I.  Remember the guy on the diplomacy mission, who was being stabbed, to no effect?  I said 'minor' armor, because anti-tank rounds are considered small arms here, and it isn't as strong as tank armor.

...It only just occured to me that sharkplate is stronger than steel, by a fairly significant amount.  And it's literally as cheap as dirt.  And regenerates.  And is rubbery, and light...

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: April 04, 2015, 05:16:29 pm »

@Syv
My bad, sorry. It didn't have those irises back when Pyro first designed it, so I assumed the misconception persisted.
Also, yeah, it kinda can be considered minor armor in that regard. Hell, even Mk-I could protect from some of the lower-power gunpowder weapons, and MCP should be even better.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: April 04, 2015, 07:07:23 pm »

O' wonderful and irreplaceable wiki gnomes, I have made a mistake. I forgot to add the shock switches for our implants to the list PW approved. Please forgive my transgression.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: April 04, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

Oh for the love of god, ANOTHER new person? PW will need a second subforum at this rate :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: April 04, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »

Hush, eez good thing! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15027 on: April 04, 2015, 11:49:06 pm »

Oh for the love of god, ANOTHER new person? PW will need a second subforum at this rate :P
All our vets are napping, we need as many new meat shields as possible. We'll kill the weak ones, and hone the strong ones to a razor edge.

I'm on IRC again.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: April 05, 2015, 02:22:42 am »

IRC Summary:
  • PW namedropped the AM on IRC sometime earlier. Not sure what her name is though. Might be Rose. Or might not. Still personally hoping that it's Von Nost :P
  • Pascal Quicksilver, also known as Pascal's Quicksilver, is a cellular stabilization agent developed in Project Pascal. It's not used much nowadays and will be used a lot more soon. It stops some kind of destabilization but causes another destabilization of it's own. It's not so much of a vaccine as much as it's an antidote. Apparently the AM still has some cells in her, not necessarily human cells though.
  • "We don't want another candidate 2."
  • Jim will be revived through some sort of process. It can only be done so many times though.
  • We will reopen the path to Phobetor.
  • "It all returns to nothing. It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down. This is why we can't have nice things."
  • "One of these days we're gonna be on a planet, just minding our own business, when you'll hear something as though from a great distance. And then sir Mix-a-lot's "I like big butts" will start playing and a giant cosmic ass will boil down through the clouds and smash the planet assunder."
  • "How about a gun that automatically fires on anyone who makes a pun?"
  • "Well, piecewise once mentioned our fights may start getting more bizarre as we go on."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:24:53 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: April 05, 2015, 04:32:18 am »

Go eat some food in the cafeteria. Need to build up calories. Then start making a small batch of bugs. Give them wings, hardened exoskeletons, antennas, and sensors on their body so that they can pick up on heat signatures and electrical impulses. Also include an adaptation so they can relay information to me without sensory overload when I ask for it.
Aww, now other people get to do the fleshwarping stuff I dreamed of :P
Though only to an extent, I suppose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2205