Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Wiki Pages collection for offline.  (Read 1247 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Wiki Pages collection for offline.
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »

compressed Wiki pages collection for offline...
I think that will good.
collection for category
eg.Mining,Farming,Workshop and so on...
Sorry for Grammar.

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Wiki Pages collection for offline.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:25:19 pm »

I think this was suggested a few days ago. Only, that guy wanted all the pages compressed into a PDF file. You can just save the pages for offline use. Especially the ones you need most. Like it was mentioned, those pages will never update and filesize would be enormous even if it was ALL compressed into a .zip... It's best just to save the pages you need nothing more.

Edit: oh... its the same guy. :S hey if you want to give that a shot bro by all means. It's a waste of time for me really. I don't want to have to search through endless files when it's all databased on the wiki.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:28:25 pm by tilly »

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »

I think this was suggested a few days ago. Only, that guy wanted all the pages compressed into a PDF file. You can just save the pages for offline use. Especially the ones you need most. Like it was mentioned, those pages will never update and filesize would be enormous even if it was ALL compressed into a .zip... It's best just to save the pages you need nothing more.

Edit: oh... its the same guy. :S hey if you want to give that a shot bro by all means. It's a waste of time for me really. I don't want to have to search through endless files when it's all databased on the wiki.
I think PDF is big.
I mean htm file for one page.
Or
CHM file for collection of pages.
eg.C sharp Reference.chm is only size:822KB.That contain more than 100 pages.
Edit: I don't have good internet so..
for me,10 wiki page to wait 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:37:55 pm by Philii »
Sorry for Grammar.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:51:46 am »

You may find these reference sheets useful.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:28 am »

Believe it or not, there are ways of doing this if the team who maintain the wiki are amenable to setting up a torrent containing all the content (which doesn't amount to a hell of a lot of data by today's standards) in a format useable by something like Kiwix or WikiTaxi.

Failing that, if you don't mind spending about US$16 there's the official strategy guide.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 01:04:08 pm »

You may find these reference sheets useful.
Thank very useful for me.
Let collect useful thing for DF.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:58:23 pm by Philii »
Sorry for Grammar.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:46:18 pm »

Believe it or not, there are ways of doing this if the team who maintain the wiki are amenable to setting up a torrent containing all the content (which doesn't amount to a hell of a lot of data by today's standards) in a format useable by something like Kiwix or WikiTaxi.

Failing that, if you don't mind spending about US$16 there's the official strategy guide.

You can already do this with the wiki and wikitaxi. I just don't remember which wiki page does it. It's an xml export.

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 12:58:20 am »

You can already do this with the wiki and wikitaxi. I just don't remember which wiki page does it. It's an xml export.

I don't know how to use wikitaxi....
Sorry for Grammar.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:19:50 am »

It's not the most user-friendly bit of software I've ever encountered, true.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!