Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304123 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread
« Reply #4020 on: March 30, 2014, 04:22:24 pm »

Ukrainian Ranger, come to our, Russian side (we have cookies) :)

Seriously, our two nations could have GREAT common future. Our cultures match, our languages are common. Do you really want to live in liberalistic West with weird traditions and distorted family social layer? Do you think that the West supports Ukraine because of anything, but trying to weaken Russia by your hands? They don't like you. The West is like Reapers from Mass Effect, engulfing lifeful cultures into their matrix of sterilised preserved beings.

Joining Europe you will be FAR away from the USA, joining Russia you will be very close to Moscow!
Assuming that is not a trolling...

Let's start from the very simple thing. We recently overthrown a tyrant while loasing 104 dead, ~150 missing and thousands injured. And what you Russian, who claim to be our brothers and friends do?
You glorified sadists from Berkut - "Liberalistic West" never did that
You hid Yanukovich and other corrupted bastards- "Liberalistic West" would give him us them back instantly
You poured tons of shit on the dead and maimed Heroes of Maydan ""Liberalistic West" never did it
Using our weakness you invaded and occupied part of our country. "Liberalistic West" never did it
And so on

After all that saying that Russians are friends for Ukrainians is beyond absurd. Yes, some percentage of Russians are friends, but that minority is not in power

PS. I know one guy, a 52 year-old Stalin-fan. Who said me exactly that "You are a fascist but Putin is a worse fascist. And our only hope to defend against him is to join NATO"  That is an achievement to make him want NATO. I was deadly sure that it is impossible

As forces in Crimea didn't shoot at Russians, so will the Ukraine army fall back without shooting anyone. Because your military, contrary to you, do not want to die.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: March 30, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »

You are assuming that Ukrainian Army got an order to shoot the invaders and refused saving their lives. But they received an opposite order. So "do not want to die" doesn't apply here.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: March 30, 2014, 04:39:06 pm »

You are assuming that Ukrainian Army got an order to shoot the invaders and refused saving their lives. But they received an opposite order. So "do not want to die" doesn't apply here.

Were they ordered to defect to the Russian army too?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4023 on: March 30, 2014, 04:43:47 pm »

What defections?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 30, 2014, 04:45:51 pm »

FM Lavrov makes some statements. Apparently Russia, best friend to all, wants to dictate the constitution of a neighboring country, wherein it should be a federalized state where all regions have full autonomy, Russian as an official language and political "neutrality" (ie no EU or NATO). Yet it's western countries that get accused of meddling.

As a neighbour to Russia I'm rapidly becoming not a fan.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: March 30, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »

It's gotten to the point where "Traditional" is starting to be a disgusting concept to me.

I've only ever heard it in two situations, either "We want you to act exactly like us, because our parents did it," which is absurd on the face of it. Or just a code-word for anti-queer. :I

I'm starting to think that liberals do something because it works (ie. gay people raising adopted children, because otherwise you have millions of children without homes) and conservatives do something because... they did it 60 years ago? I.E. Gays can't get married or raise children, despite a) you having no right to tell people how to be happy, and b) there is no evidence that gay-raised children are at ALL worse off than straight-raised, b) it's absurd on the face of it for gay parents to raise gay children (straight people don't always raise straight children :P) and d) even if it was a little worse for gay-raised children, it's a LOT worse for children to not be raised by parents -at all-, and those are your two choices. Pick one.

There are other examples of the "Do something because it works/makes sense/doesn't hurt to try" and the "Do something because we always did it that way," dichotomy, like public healthcare/tuition or regulating polluting industries.

Pretty sure that's what "conservative" means anyways :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:54:12 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 30, 2014, 04:49:55 pm »

I can't help but notice that the Russian side has respectively three old-timey soldiers (knights), a fighter plane, a tank, a Cold War dick waving space program and children in wacky headgear, whereas the Western side has only Hitler, who is coming completely out of nowhere and is in process of shaking a child's hand for military-related stuff. And wacky headgear. Apparently pink bike helmets are evil now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 30, 2014, 05:00:46 pm »

It's gotten to the point where "Traditional" is starting to be a disgusting concept to me.

I've only ever heard it in two situations, either "We want you to act exactly like us, because our parents did it," which is absurd on the face of it. Or just a code-word for anti-queer. :I
Come to Cologne. We got invaded so many time by the French and the Prussians, tolerance just came naturally. There are many hateful people abusing tradition, but tradition itself is a wonderful thing.
Spoiler: Lyrics (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 30, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »

Were they ordered to defect to the Russian army too?
Some defected. I congratulate Russian army with gaining cowards and traitors. Who defected even before the actual hot war has started

Of cause it's little more complex than that, but if you assume that order to shoot was given and was ignored by all units then you are denying  laws of probability.  With that many soldiers there, someone would follow order
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 30, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »

Around 4000 protests in Kharkiv asking for 8 other province (or how its called) in ukraine to be independent, and are doing a petition for russia help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVWIS1jOsOo

In Odessa there was pro ukraine and pro russ protest at the same time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWIfKoYV8lM
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:13:37 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: March 30, 2014, 05:14:56 pm »

Come to Cologne. We got invaded so many time by the French and the Prussians, tolerance just came naturally. There are many hateful people abusing tradition, but tradition itself is a wonderful thing.
On the other side of the border, Alsace and Lorraine are seen by the rest of france as "basically germany", culturally speaking at least.

Tradition is indeed a two-edged sword. One is identity. Essentially cultural roots. Things that bind people together with music, food, clothing and festivals. That one's mostly good. The other is "conservatism", aka "our ancestors can't be wrong" syndrom. Which is awful.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 30, 2014, 05:27:05 pm »

Around 4000 protests in Kharkiv asking for 8 other province (or how its called) in ukraine to be independent, and are doing a petition for russia help
Huge number for an 1.5M city :D

Speaking about Kharkiv. I thank Kharkiv football fans for my new ringtone. Unfortunately you must know Russian to enjoy that

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:45:23 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 30, 2014, 05:46:42 pm »

Can't fight on an empty stomach, though I'm not sure how much of a benefit that will be for Ukraine's military. It wouldn't feed America's for even one day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 30, 2014, 05:47:18 pm »

You could throw the hot sauce at the Russians.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 30, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »

Can't fight on an empty stomach, though I'm not sure how much of a benefit that will be for Ukraine's military. It wouldn't feed America's for even one day.
Our army is poor but not that poor to starve :). But money not spent on rations will be spent on something else.

BTW, some units of our army do have noticeable problems with food. No place to stockpile it because local population brings a lot
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 286