Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304284 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread
« Reply #3750 on: March 25, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

http://vk.com/photo-67972801_324175755
PS. German Soldiers never hid their faces or denied that they are soldiers of the Reich

That's why they lost in the end.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: March 25, 2014, 02:31:48 pm »

First of all, don't trivialize shit bro. A large section of a country ...

Stopped reading right there. Keep your numbers straight. Numbers dont lie.

Keep my numbers straight? Dude, look at the percentage of land that it occupied in the Ukraine. FURTHERMORE, look at its location in the Black Sea, that is a huge strategic advantage for Russia to now  control Crimea.

Exactly. But Crimea is big for Russia, for Ukraine in terms of GDP is like 3% iirc

Doesn't matter, it was a huge bargaining chip for Ukraine, they got to lease the Svestapol port at their terms. It's also big for everyone, you think that what happens in Crimea applies only to Ukraine and Russia? This is literally how it starts, next it's Kiev, then who knows how far Putin will go?

EDIT: @Comrade, I meant the percentage of landmass which it had in comparison to the rest of the country!

You should never judge size of landmass to it's real value. And no, Kiev is not next, we dont need it.

... You didn't need Crimea.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: March 25, 2014, 02:35:23 pm »

First of all, don't trivialize shit bro. A large section of a country ...

Stopped reading right there. Keep your numbers straight. Numbers dont lie.

Keep my numbers straight? Dude, look at the percentage of land that it occupied in the Ukraine. FURTHERMORE, look at its location in the Black Sea, that is a huge strategic advantage for Russia to now  control Crimea.

Exactly. But Crimea is big for Russia, for Ukraine in terms of GDP is like 3% iirc

Doesn't matter, it was a huge bargaining chip for Ukraine, they got to lease the Svestapol port at their terms. It's also big for everyone, you think that what happens in Crimea applies only to Ukraine and Russia? This is literally how it starts, next it's Kiev, then who knows how far Putin will go?

EDIT: @Comrade, I meant the percentage of landmass which it had in comparison to the rest of the country!

You should never judge size of landmass to it's real value. And no, Kiev is not next, we dont need it.

... You didn't need Crimea.

Obviously we did. We paid huge amount amount of money for stationed fleet. It's politics.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: March 25, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

I can tolerate many things in this thread even Russians Soviets, but, please, no quote pyramids
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: March 25, 2014, 02:39:30 pm »

I can tolerate many things in this thread even Russians Soviets, but, please, no quote pyramids

Soviets - russians whatever. I stand to my point (literally my point, no devil advocates here). Russia + Ukraine + Belarus  = same people, same country. (quotes being a lazy)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: March 25, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »

Russia + Ukraine + Belarus  = same people, same country.
And after that he claims that he doesn't want Kiev :D

PS, I suggest you to add Bulgaria to that same people list, Bulgarian language is much more closer to Russian than Ukrainian and similarities in Language is usually your main argument  in that "same people" nonsense
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: March 25, 2014, 02:45:11 pm »

Soviets - russians whatever. I stand to my point (literally my point, no devil advocates here). Russia + Ukraine + Belarus  = same people, same country. (quotes being a lazy)
People are different, there just was a common power that united them. And it always turned out to be fine, until some men up above though that it's time to have more power in a smaller territory and played it out as a "raise of national self-consciousness".

EDIT: Though in Ukraine they always had plenty of latter, so they didn't even need to raise a thing there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:47:01 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

Russia + Ukraine + Belarus  = same people, same country.
And after that he claims that he doesn't want Kiev :D

PS, I suggest you to add Bulgaria to that same people list, Bulgarian language is much more closer to Russian than Ukrainian and similarities in Language is usually your main argument  in that "same people" nonsense

I am sad you drawing parallels. I believe we all came from Kievean Rus. Number of people called me idiot on that sentence, but whatever. I dont think it's language. It's mentality. On the other hand, you hate Russia. I am okay with that.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: March 25, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »

People are different, there just was a common power that united them. And it always turned out to be fine, until some men up above though that it's time to have more power in a smaller territory and played it out as a "raise of national self-consciousness".

EDIT: Though in Ukraine they always had plenty of latter, so they didn't even need to raise a thing there.

I am fiercely against nationalism. Not like anybody believe me anyways.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: March 25, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »

I am fiercely against nationalism. Not like anybody belive me anyways.

I..buh..wha...

I...just...

Wat?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: March 25, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

I am fiercely against nationalism. Not like anybody belive me anyways.

I..buh..wha...

I...just...

Wat?

We clap when airbus landed.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: March 25, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »

Use the edit button, please.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: March 25, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »

Well, I'd like to echo the refrain I make every time gogis manages to fill up a page - I have no fucking clue what he is saying, ever. He doesn't even seem to agree with himself about anything, or understand the arguments he's making or the end to which they are made, so how am I supposed to figure it out.

I my disagree with Guardian and Comrade about plenty of stuff, but at least I've normally got an idea of what they are saying and when we miscommunicate we seem to be able to identify and address the miscommunication. If you ask gogis to clarify or explain something you don't think you understand, he just doubles down.

Is there any actual *thing* happening that we can talk about? Did we talk about Russia banning S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: March 25, 2014, 02:56:43 pm »

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 286