Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304231 times)

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread
« Reply #3765 on: March 25, 2014, 02:56:54 pm »

Is there any actual *thing* happening that we can talk about? Did we talk about Russia banning S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet?

To be frank, I am proud for stalker games. I'ts made in Russia! (they think not)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:59:07 pm by gogis »
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:28 pm »

Gogis, same mentality you say? Nope, we have very different mentalities. . Read that:

Spoiler: verse in Russian (click to show/hide)

same verse read by the author

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: March 25, 2014, 03:00:18 pm »

Gogis, same mentality you say? Nope, we have very different mentalities. . Read that:

You think so. But I think different. Same country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »

First of all, don't trivialize shit bro. A large section of a country just got annexed by what is essentially Third Reich 2.0 minus the blatant killing.

This might be the largest qualifier I've ever seen in a statement.  Once you've removed the murder and war from the Nazis, what exactly are you trying to invoke?  Autobahns?

Also I'm pretty sure that a second Third Reich should be called the Fourth Reich.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »

http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/03/25/7020294/

Russian military after two hours of resistance stormed minesweeper "Odessa" in Lake Donuzlav.
The assault began with persecution at 18:13 , reported "Ukrainian Truth" senior artillery miner mines and torpedoes warhead senior sailor of the ship "Odessa" Alexander Gutnyk.
"Institute proceedings minesweeper" Odessa "two speedboats Russian Federation", - he said.
"So far, the minesweeper" Odessa "evades the attackers, maneuvering," - he added.
As of 18:50 stormed Cherkas with two Mi-35, three speedboats
"Personnel within zadrayanyy" - added Gutnyk.
As the head of the Ukrainian Pravda Media Center Ministry of Defense of Ukraine in Crimea Vladislav Seleznev, the "Cherkassy" going tug "Kovel". According to some information, heard explosions and gunshots.
At 19:14 Alex Tamrazov povdiomlyaye that heard a lot of shooting.
As of 19:18 lasting delight. "We drove and hitched explosive aboard," - said Gutnyk.
"We put smoke bombs that they have not caught up. But they caught us and made explosives. Nobody knows what this stuff. Zadrayani We. This is very dangerous because it can explode at any time" - said Gutnyk.
At 19:40 the ship went down the main control position the wheel "- said Gutnyk.
When asked whether this was because of the explosion, he said: "Yes."
"Ship" Odessa "switched to emergency management post the wheel," - he added.
As of 19:48 Russian invaders have landed on the ship and break the internal bulkhead to get to the room where the crew zabarykaduvalasya "Odessa", - said Vladislav Seleznev.
As of 20:00 heard gunshots and explosions, according to an eyewitness, located on the banks of Donuzlav.
At 20:17 the assault lasted more than two hours.
At 20:30 , according Selezneva citing eyewitness, who was on the shore Donuzlava, tug "Kovel" pulls mosrkyy trawler "Odessa" toward the 5 military town. Above the lake there is the smell of "dymovuhy."
Phone Gutnyk, contacted "Ukrainian Truth" is not responding.
"Odessa" - the only ship that remained in the Crimea with Ukrainian flag.

Do people think that if Ukraine was acting, militarily, like a normal country (instead of being absolutely terrified and basically completely acquiescing) that there wouldn't be a bunch of killing? Because I would imagine that had they resisted there would have been a lot of killing. The question is how long they can appease Russia's military and still stand as an independent country. Hopefully, indefinitely.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:04:46 pm by GlyphGryph »

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:59 pm »

I have no fucking clue what he is saying, ever.

You lack reading comprehension. I know you think that I am retarded, but no.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:02 pm »

I have no fucking clue what he is saying, ever.

You lack reading comprehension. I know you think that I am retarded, but no.

... I can't even.

Where is that "ignore" function, I think I'm going to need to use it for my own mental health...

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/03/25/7020294/

Russian military after two hours of resistance stormed minesweeper "Odessa" in Lake Donuzlav.
The assault began with persecution at 18:13 , reported "Ukrainian Truth" senior artillery miner mines and torpedoes warhead senior sailor of the ship "Odessa" Alexander Gutnyk.
"Institute proceedings minesweeper" Odessa "two speedboats Russian Federation", - he said.
"So far, the minesweeper" Odessa "evades the attackers, maneuvering," - he added.
As of 18:50 stormed Cherkas with two Mi-35, three speedboats
"Personnel within zadrayanyy" - added Gutnyk.
As the head of the Ukrainian Pravda Media Center Ministry of Defense of Ukraine in Crimea Vladislav Seleznev, the "Cherkassy" going tug "Kovel". According to some information, heard explosions and gunshots.
At 19:14 Alex Tamrazov povdiomlyaye that heard a lot of shooting.
As of 19:18 lasting delight. "We drove and hitched explosive aboard," - said Gutnyk.
"We put smoke bombs that they have not caught up. But they caught us and made explosives. Nobody knows what this stuff. Zadrayani We. This is very dangerous because it can explode at any time" - said Gutnyk.
At 19:40 the ship went down the main control position the wheel "- said Gutnyk.
When asked whether this was because of the explosion, he said: "Yes."
"Ship" Odessa "switched to emergency management post the wheel," - he added.
As of 19:48 Russian invaders have landed on the ship and break the internal bulkhead to get to the room where the crew zabarykaduvalasya "Odessa", - said Vladislav Seleznev.
As of 20:00 heard gunshots and explosions, according to an eyewitness, located on the banks of Donuzlav.
At 20:17 the assault lasted more than two hours.
At 20:30 , according Selezneva citing eyewitness, who was on the shore Donuzlava, tug "Kovel" pulls mosrkyy trawler "Odessa" toward the 5 military town. Above the lake there is the smell of "dymovuhy."
Phone Gutnyk, contacted "Ukrainian Truth" is not responding.
"Odessa" - the only ship that remained in the Crimea with Ukrainian flag.

Do people think that if Ukraine was acting, militarily, like a normal country (instead of being absolutely terrified and basically completely acquiescing) that there wouldn't be a bunch of killing? Because I would imagine that had they resisted there would have been a lot of killing. The question is how long they can appease Russia's military and still stand as an independent country. Hopefully, indefinitely.

I bet you think they shouldnt? Same country, bet you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: March 25, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »

I am fiercely against nationalism. Not like anybody believe me anyways.

And what's so bad about nationalism itself? You know, I always thought about it like it is a snake's venom. In very small doses it is a treatment, and a nice one it is, but once you got more than dose, even a slightest bit, it kills you in a horrible way or cripples.
I mean, nothing's wrong with having a position that includes racial compound, but, you know, your own freedom stops where the other man's freedom begins.

Is there any actual *thing* happening that we can talk about? Did we talk about Russia banning S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet?
Hu? Really? Well, Pirate Bay to the rescue, I guess. Never played it anyway.

@UR: Oh, Maidan poetry. Pretty.

First of all, don't trivialize shit bro. A large section of a country just got annexed by what is essentially Third Reich 2.0 minus the blatant killing.

This might be the largest qualifier I've ever seen in a statement.  Once you've removed the murder and war from the Nazis, what exactly are you trying to invoke?  Autobahns?

Also I'm pretty sure that a second Third Reich should be called the Fourth Reich.
In fact, if you remove ethnic cleansings from Third Reich as well as WWII you get a decent state.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: March 25, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »

I am sad you drawing parallels. I believe we all came from Kievean Rus. Number of people called me idiot on that sentence, but whatever. I dont think it's language. It's mentality. On the other hand, you hate Russia. I am okay with that.

Gogis, correct me if I'm wrong but are you not a Mordvin? Surely when we talk about ancient history you're closer to Digital Hellhound than Ukrainian Ranger? If I remember correctly, I don't think your ancestors came from Kievan Rus, rather... they were conquered. I mean, forgive me, you probably do have a lot of ancestors that came from it but there's more layers to this, surely.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:10:07 pm by Owlbread »

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08:50 pm »

I am fiercely against nationalism. Not like anybody believe me anyways.

And what's so bad about nationalism itself? You know, I always thought about it like it is a snake's venom. In very small doses it is a treatment, and a nice one it is, but once you got more than dose, even a slightest bit, it kills you in a horrible way or cripples.
I mean, nothing's wrong with having a position that includes racial compound, but, you know, your own freedom stops where the other man's freedom begins.

Hu? Really? Well, Pirate Bay to the rescue, I guess. Never played it anyway.

@UR: Oh, Maidan poetry. Pretty.

In fact, if you remove ethnic cleansings from Third Reich as well as WWII you get a decent state.

I think that nationalism bordering fascism. In any froms. Not like it means something, it's just in lines.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: March 25, 2014, 03:09:21 pm »

Where is that "ignore" function, I think I'm going to need to use it for my own mental health...
And I have regular contact with people like him in Real Life.....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: March 25, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »

Well, I'd like to echo the refrain I make every time gogis manages to fill up a page - I have no fucking clue what he is saying, ever. He doesn't even seem to agree with himself about anything, or understand the arguments he's making or the end to which they are made, so how am I supposed to figure it out.
His command of the English language isn't particularly good, apparently.

Comrade Gogi, I'm afraid you should work on your English language skills. The ability to convey your thoughts clearly is crucial if you are engaged in a political shitstorm with foreigners.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

I think that nationalism bordering fascism. In any froms. Not like it means something, it's just in lines.
Yes it borders. It is silly to deny this fact. Stay within the borders and it'll be fine.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: March 25, 2014, 03:12:23 pm »

I am sad you drawing parallels. I believe we all came from Kievean Rus. Number of people called me idiot on that sentence, but whatever. I dont think it's language. It's mentality. On the other hand, you hate Russia. I am okay with that.

Gogis, correct me if I'm wrong but are you not a Mordvin? I don't think your ancestors came from Kievan Rus, rather... they were conquered. I mean, forgive me, you probably do have a lot of ancestors that came from it but there's more layers to this, surely.

I am literally Udmurt. I was born there. But my parents from Chelyabinsk, so I am not sure. As I understood, you are Scot? Well okay. You try and die trying to be a scot? Or what? I am russian. Fuck it. Bigger is better.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 286