Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304598 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread
« Reply #3315 on: March 21, 2014, 01:48:43 am »

Congratulations, gentlemen, this was the absolute first time I've seen opposing parties reconcile their differences in a civil manner on the internet. I am now really proud of being a part of this forum.

In relation to Beznogim, I'd like to say that the majority of russians are as distant from his viewpoint as normal americans are distant from the KKK's agenda. He's probably just a government-raised "internet warrior", whose specific job is to spew jingoistic gibberish on forums to garner support for Putin's regime. Or a troll.

And as for Suvorov-Rezun, his writing is widely known to be very anti-soviet and thus biased, mostly because otherwise it wouldn't have sold well in the USA during the cold war.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 21, 2014, 01:54:59 am »

Well, if people are satisfied, I'll just leave the reports alone.
That's why I really like this thread: We have Soviet revisionists, Ukrainian nationalists, Europeans of all sorts, some Americans, in a situation where there's a real possibility that we'll be drafted and sent to kill each other within the next five years. But every time stuff starts getting heated, we somehow sort it out. You don't see that very often.

GI, Comrade, and all you other Russians: How do you think will the Russian economy react to the sanctions? In Germany, summer is getting started, I went out in a T-shirt today - for the next ~9 months oil and gas won't be too desperately needed...

GI comes from Belarus, so he might be unaware. We have Sean here who comes from Russia. And Beznogim, since recently. If I occasionally forget some of you, Russian folks, I'm sorry for that. Just first ones who come in mind.
On the point of economy, our financial minister claims that we fund Crimea from our reserve funds, and the sum named was 50 billion dollars. But since Russia paid something like that for possibility to maintain Black Sea fleet on foreign land, and it is a great recreation zone, we are likely to have maybe even a minor economy boost, or at least have our money back.
But you know, some social researches here say that even if that annexation would cost us, people would accept it just because they are glad to see Crimea in Russia.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:58:04 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 21, 2014, 02:05:16 am »

If I'm drafted and sent off to kill you, I promise to make it quick and give you a nice burial. If I'm gonna have a choice, I'll go for just wounding. You know, in the legs and stuff.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 21, 2014, 02:20:43 am »

If I'm drafted and sent off to kill you, I promise to make it quick and give you a nice burial. If I'm gonna have a choice, I'll go for just wounding. You know, in the legs and stuff.

Let's hope we do not come up like this. If we somewhat do, you know me by a confederate naval jack on my sleeve :).
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 21, 2014, 02:21:46 am »

I think we'd be on the same side, comrade.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 21, 2014, 02:24:57 am »

I think we'd be on the same side, comrade.
Now re-read my previous post considering that. I mean, I still hope we do not come up with war. But in case, you still know me by that sign, who knows if we meet.
Sigs

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 21, 2014, 02:27:20 am »

We are both russian.

EDIT: When I said "you" I meant that in plural, like "y'all". Stupid english language.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:29:36 am by Knit tie »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:12 am »

We are both russian.

EDIT: When I said "you" I meant that in plural, like "y'all". Stupid english language.
I think Comrade got that. What he's saying is that he STILL hopes that there's no war, even if you are on the same side.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 21, 2014, 02:34:09 am »

Oh god I am so stupid.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 21, 2014, 02:34:23 am »

Right now I'm wondering what this whole situation means for the first World Championship of Tank Biathlon that Russia was supposed to host this year. Considering US, Italy, Germany, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and even Ukraine all agreed to participate in it before. And it's supposed to happen in the vicinity of Moscow.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 21, 2014, 02:37:46 am »

Thanks, Sean, I have finally found a sport I would actually like to watch. Tank biathlon. Tank.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 21, 2014, 02:43:02 am »

Right now I'm wondering what this whole situation means for the first World Championship of Tank Biathlon that Russia was supposed to host this year. Considering US, Italy, Germany, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and even Ukraine all agreed to participate in it before. And it's supposed to happen in the vicinity of Moscow.
I guess USA will bring a Predator drone to a tank fight  ;D
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:38 am »

That's... uhhhhhhh..... It's a flying tank, okay?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 21, 2014, 02:50:32 am »

That's... uhhhhhhh..... It's a flying tank, okay?
"That's outdated, Napoloni! Tomania has already developed a flying dreadnought."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 21, 2014, 02:53:37 am »

Oh come on, I was looking forward to this event! And now it's probably going to be cancelled... (making two countries which are technically at war compete in a tank biathlon is not a good ide).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 286