Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304769 times)

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #2400 on: March 11, 2014, 03:00:40 pm »

I get it sucks to watch your quality of life continue to erode, to watch things gets worse. But are you really going to place blame for a decade's worth of decline on the West? What about your own leaders? Where is their responsibility? Where is your responsibility for electing them, or letting them stay in power?

It's not decline, it's decades of opposite. 90s is long gone. Currently only thing that erode is our relationship with West. I don't get how exatly people believe in myth about incredibly low quality of life or severe oppression of human rights in Russia.  I dont feel opressed at all. I actually think we get more freedoms in a practical sense. I can speak about Putin anything I care, I call lead party as "party of crooks and thieves" openly and yet I am still here. Not me nor any of my relatives living in poverty, yeah I can't afford yacht or private jet or a flat in the center of Moscow, but who can? All that crap makes me scratch my head, really.
We really, really not on the same page.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 11, 2014, 03:03:13 pm »

A law change is not some nebulous thing, gogis. You can pretty easily point to a law, see what it does, and see what abolishing it would mean, including which areas would be affected.

And, again, it wasn't actually abolished.

Which is why I said tried. Did I?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 11, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »

They didn't try to do what you claimed.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 11, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

Does posting that infograph ever actually lead to a worthwhile discussion? Because I've certainly never seen it do so. Although it is always funny. So there is worth in that perhaps.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 11, 2014, 03:05:35 pm »

Does posting that infograph anything ever actually lead to a worthwhile discussion? Because I've certainly never seen it do so.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 11, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

We can believe the myths because you are here, talking like a member of a defeated country full of desperate, powerless people? Hell, I hadn't realized just how bad it was in Russia until you and other Russian's began posting in this thread! I had thought you guys were doing pretty well, but apparently I was wrong.

Gogis, please respond:
Do you intend to have a discussion, as outlined in the image I put forward above?

Cript
That isn't surprising, since it's generally only ever posted in a situation where one person has an obvious and expressed interest in not actually having a discussion and clearly isn't going to change that. But it at least outlines a way for the obstinate participant to redeem themselves, even if they choose not to do so. Maybe it just needs to be posted earlier? Open every single thread with it!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 11, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »

I get it sucks to watch your quality of life continue to erode, to watch things gets worse. But are you really going to place blame for a decade's worth of decline on the West? What about your own leaders? Where is their responsibility? Where is your responsibility for electing them, or letting them stay in power?

It's not decline, it's decades of opposite. 90s is long gone. Currently only thing that erode is our relationship with West. I don't get how exatly people believe in myth about incredibly low quality of life or severe oppression of human rights in Russia.  I dont feel opressed at all. I actually think we get more freedoms in a practical sense. I can speak about Putin anything I care, I call lead party as "party of crooks and thieves" openly and yet I am still here. Not me nor any of my relatives living in poverty, yeah I can't afford yacht or private jet or a flat in the center of Moscow, but who can? All that crap makes me scratch my head, really.
We really, really not on the same page.

The laws against gays, imprisoning your own artists for political dissent? Do you claim to represent all Russians of all socio-economic backgrounds? What about races, nationalities, religions?

The "I don't see so it must not be true" gets said a lot here in America too. By middle and upper class white people, mostly, when talking about non-white poverty or social issues they don't want to address.

Also, I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the other Russian with a decidedly less content viewpoint as you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:10:29 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 11, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »

gogis, first I was like - WTF you are talking about economic prosperity... but then I went to you profile  to read Location:Russia, Moscow it became obvious.  "Москва – не Россия"* is not empty words, you know?

*Moscow is not Russia
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 11, 2014, 03:08:13 pm »

a) Not use personalized search results, and check that what the other person is going to see actually proves your point before posting a condescending link that not only completely fails to prove your point but provides a wealth of evidence to the contrary, from your own national media.

Should I point out you to your answer with condescending link to not existing wikipedia 'Nulandgate' page? I call hypocrisy here.
I am pretty sure you was savvy enough to try google it before you made your post. But you decided to make it smart way.
And now you go all out when I did same to you.

With a nice gif, none the less.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 11, 2014, 03:09:02 pm »

Open every single thread with it!
The next time I start a game (maybe next year or so) I'll do exactly that!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 11, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

Gogis, we're done here. If/When you're interested in actually having a discussion, let me know. Until then, my only responses to you will be pointing out when you are trying to spread falsehoods, lest others actually be taken in by your duplicity.

Should I point out you to your answer with condescending link to not existing wikipedia 'Nulandgate' page?
Source? I don't recall this happening, and don't believe it is true.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 11, 2014, 03:14:42 pm »

gogis, first I was like - WTF you are talking about economic prosperity... but then I went to you profile  to read Location:Russia, Moscow it became obvious.  "Москва – не Россия"* is not empty words, you know?

*Moscow is not Russia

I am only one of my family living in Moscow. My relatives live in Perm and Votkinsk. I go there several times a year. So I kinda aware of situation in regions. Extreme poverty is a wild myth. Actually, while they have alot smaller paychecks, they also spend alot less (I rent a flat for example, they have their homes). So it's kind of evens out.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 11, 2014, 03:18:02 pm »

Gogis, we're done here. If/When you're interested in actually having a discussion, let me know. Until then, my only responses to you will be pointing out when you are trying to spread falsehoods, lest others actually be taken in by your duplicity.

Should I point out you to your answer with condescending link to not existing wikipedia 'Nulandgate' page?
Source? I don't recall this happening, and don't believe it is true.

Yeah I checked it was Dutchling. My apologies.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:52 pm »

For future reference, there's an edit button next to all of your posts.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 11, 2014, 03:24:05 pm »

Yeah I checked it was Dutchling. My apologies.
I'm sorry if that was deemed condescending. I legitimately had no idea what you were meant with Nulandgate.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 286