Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305098 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #2160 on: March 07, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »

I've just noticed you chiming in and telling that others that they 'don't know what you're talking about', with the complete inability to back up anything you've said. I'd just appreciate some sort of information.  :)

I love the bulletin for the referendum. It looks like that:

[] Do you want to join Russia?
[] Or you want to restore 1992 Crimean constitution ?

There are no "change nothing" option. Cool, isn't it?
Lol. From what source did you get that info?
rt.com says so.
There will be two questions on the Crimean referendum ballots.

“The first one: Are you in favor of Crimea becoming a constituent territory of the Russian Federation. The second one: Are you in favor of restoring Crimea’s 1992 constitution,” the autonomous region’s First Deputy-Premier Rustam Temirgaliev said.

According to the 1992 constitution, the autonomous republic is part of Ukraine but has relations with Kiev, defined on the basis of mutual agreements.
Not sure how exactly that last part differs from the current constitution, I presume it does in some way.

There are of course also satirical versions circulating with: Do you want to a) join Russia or b) leave Ukraine?

You refused to acknowledge this, by the way. Not very helpful if you simply don't respond to things that make your predisposed view.. wrong.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:37:03 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »

Spoken like a true blind nationalist. I love the attitude shown here.

The attitude of saying that yugoslavia's breakup was hell to live through and people on these forums don't realize how bad it was?

Ex-yugoslavs must have a strange form of nationalism.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2162 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:39 pm »

snip
Revise why, because something that had happen 50 years ago can happen again? The fact is the thing now that are happening in ukraine is nothing close to things in yugoslavia. Trust me if you think marker on doors, and possibility moving people to some other parts are bad, you dont know anything about shit that happend in ex yu. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Boki, could you please be more specific when you start supporting forced migration & oppression?
How are these things not fucking bad?
Seems like you should be feeling their pain, what with how you sympathized with the 'threatened' rus-crimeans.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 07, 2014, 06:40:05 pm »

snip
Revise why, because something that had happen 50 years ago can happen again? The fact is the thing now that are happening in ukraine is nothing close to things in yugoslavia. Trust me if you think marker on doors, and possibility moving people to some other parts are bad, you dont know anything about shit that happend in ex yu. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Boki, could you please be more specific when you start supporting forced migration & oppression?
How are these things not fucking bad?
Seems like you should be feeling their pain, what with how you sympathized with the 'threatened' rus-crimeans.

Pretty sure he's saying that things could be much worse, based on what happened when Yugoslavia broke up, rather than saying those things aren't in themselves bad.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 07, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »

He just said Yugoslavia was much worse than Crimea now, which is absolutely right.

Also read what he said about dying for honour, doesn't sound like blind nationalism to me.

I think you misunderstood him quite a bit.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:05 pm »

Dude, as a person who survived this shit, you do not want this to happen. There is no honer or dishonor, that is propaganda bolshit for boosting moral and combat spirit.  There is only the lives of people and family that you care about, that is the most important thing, nothing else.

Yeah he sounds like a huge fan.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:20 pm »

The attitude of saying that yugoslavia's breakup was hell to live through and people on these forums don't realize how bad it was?

Ex-yugoslavs must have a strange form of nationalism.

No, just that the persecution in Yugoslavia, amongst many other places, started with similar actions. 'Marks on doors and moving people' is essentially how ethnic cleansing begins.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 07, 2014, 06:42:04 pm »

No, just that the persecution in Yugoslavia, amongst many other places, started with similar actions. 'Marks on doors and moving people' is essentially how ethnic cleansing begins.

Dude, reread his post, you are massively misunderstanding him.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2168 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

:/
hmpf
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:24 pm »

I've just noticed you chiming in and telling that others that they 'don't know what you're talking about', with the complete inability to back up anything you've said. I'd just appreciate some sort of information.  :)
What information do you need to know? As I said, things that are happening in us are not at all same what happen in ex yu, with killing people, burning villages. Is it happening? No. Not even close. If you can not understand that from my post, than again, dont post and read 100 time if you need.

I love the bulletin for the referendum. It looks like that:

[] Do you want to join Russia?
[] Or you want to restore 1992 Crimean constitution ?

There are no "change nothing" option. Cool, isn't it?
Lol. From what source did you get that info?
rt.com says so.
There will be two questions on the Crimean referendum ballots.

“The first one: Are you in favor of Crimea becoming a constituent territory of the Russian Federation. The second one: Are you in favor of restoring Crimea’s 1992 constitution,” the autonomous region’s First Deputy-Premier Rustam Temirgaliev said.

According to the 1992 constitution, the autonomous republic is part of Ukraine but has relations with Kiev, defined on the basis of mutual agreements.
Not sure how exactly that last part differs from the current constitution, I presume it does in some way.

There are of course also satirical versions circulating with: Do you want to a) join Russia or b) leave Ukraine?

You refused to acknowledge this, by the way. Not very helpful if you simply don't respond to things that make your predisposed view.. wrong.

What do I refuse? That they can vote to stay in UK and be more independent? Is it that? I asked what does it mean, I got a answer from a poster. You go read my post that you missed in your attempt to I dont know why, maybe troll, or just doesnt understand the things I posted?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:46:06 pm by boki »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 07, 2014, 06:45:36 pm »

What information do you need to know? As I said, things that are happening in us are not at all same what happen in ex yu, with killing people, burning villages. Is it happening? No. Not even close. If you can not understand that from my post, than again, dont post and read 100 time si fyou need.

Because the situation in Crimea hasn't evolved into full blown genocide yet makes it better? You're essentially arguing that we should ignore the impending Crimean population cleansing in light of the fact that Yugoslavia was so bad, then say what putin is doing, which was essentially how you cause that kind of strife in the first place, is alright. I'm curious why. Wouldn't you be predisposed to wanting to nip these things in the bud? You've said:

Putin is using justifications eerily similar to the ones Milosevic used.
Dude, dont talk about something about you dont know much.

Unlike putin, people in ex yu where under danger. That is a big difference, especially as the separation was even worse than what russia is doing now.

Now, I hope you're wrong, but I can't help but find this odd. Being as sympathetic to breakups as you claim to be I'm just shocked that you hand wave Putin's actions here. This is how that kind of breakup and ethnic strife begins, and you ought to be well aware of it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:48:17 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 07, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »

What information do you need to know? As I said, things that are happening in us are not at all same what happen in ex yu, with killing people, burning villages. Is it happening? No. Not even close. If you can not understand that from my post, than again, dont post and read 100 time si fyou need.

Because the situation in Crimea hasn't evolved into full blown genocide yet makes it better?

Dude, stop trolling and learn to read. If you have anything smart to say I will replay, but if you are so much blind in your, i dont know what, just skip me.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:17 pm »

Because the situation in Crimea hasn't evolved into full blown genocide yet makes it better?

What thread are you reading?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:54 pm »

Now, I hope you're wrong, but I can't help but find this odd. Being as sympathetic to breakups as you claim to be I'm just shocked that you hand wave Putin's actions here. This is how that kind of breakup and ethnic strife begins, and you ought to be well aware of it.
Again, go fucking read if i ever posted that I agree to putin actions... OMG I replayed to you again

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 07, 2014, 06:49:37 pm »

Yugoslavia was worse because the fucking situation continued as it did, if we ignore Crimea and allow factionalization and ethnic strife to continue to boil below the surface it will be akin to that situation. I don't understand what's so goddman hard to get about that. Jesus lord. I'm done here.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 286