Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305632 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #1440 on: March 02, 2014, 04:40:37 pm »

Well, yeah, like some of us have been saying, this is to Russify Crimea, not free it. They will be killing, deporting, and suppressing anyone that will not adhere to the Putin plan for democracytm.

[sarcasm]Wow, a man from russian government revealed himself and all our plans[/sarcasm]
You sound like a man concerned that there is a totally white side and totally black. And you put Russia to the black one. Ethnical and political leansings are serious accusations.

Didn't you get the memo? Putin is literally Hitler and Russia is modern Nazi Germany. If NATO forces don't immediately intervene, Putin will absorb all of Ukraine, call up Lukashenko, invade Poland, and start WW3. China, Iran, and North Korea will also make appearances as supporting characters in the Axis of Evil.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

I'll just have to remember your stances on illegally occupying and removing governments next time something like this happens. Not trying to spread 'vitriol'; I'm saying this is highly illegal and will likely lead to terrible repercussions for non-Putin-adorers of Crimea. There's a bit of a precedent for that, mate.
You say that but then Israel has been occupying more and more land and hardly gets a slap on the wrist... Yea there is a precedent, and not a very good one.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 02, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've regularly stated my disdain for the Israeli occupation. Not like I'm coming out of left field randomly to decry big bad Russia, I don't think that we should allow people to militarily force a people's hand.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:47:03 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 02, 2014, 04:48:04 pm »

Everybody with common sense is against the Israeli occupation, but then again everybody with common sense is against the Russian occupation too... My concern is that if we aren't going to stand up to Israel, Russia is certainly off the table.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 02, 2014, 04:49:19 pm »

I think you'd be surprised at the support the Israeli has, including occupation. I mean, they even got away with their own nuclear weapon program.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 02, 2014, 05:00:28 pm »

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2014/Mar-02/249002-germany-warns-against-russia-exclusion-from-g8.ashx

Oh, great, why I am not surprised that Germany supports Russia once again? It may be not a direct support but that is definitely undermining American efforts to isolate Russia
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 02, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »

But if you try to say something about the Israel warmongering, you'll get called a nazi, I guess?
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

If this thread is a microcosm of people's ability to solve problems, Ukraine is in serious trouble.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 02, 2014, 05:30:16 pm »

Deflections aside (which btw, were pretty stupidly hilarious) I agree the settlements should be stopped, but narrowing israel and the whole situation in the middle east (they cant be separated) to such a limited narrow view is even more dangerous.

Sergarr, we also call ourselves nazis all the time so don't feel special. the religious called Rabin a nazi when he made peace, the right wing calls the left nazis when they say the settlers should be evacuated back to israel, the left calls the army nazis and so on.

UR - according to stephen cohen, leaked conversations of europeans and americans suggested that merkel wanted vitali klitschko on the new government. maybe she was a bit disappointed seeing the biggest advocator for the European deal not in the new government.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/178511/stephen-cohen-western-recklessness-could-spark-new-cold-war-divide-ukraine - fair warning, its in audio, its pretty long and the bits toward the end are bit bizzare.

Knit tie: i agree. what?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:35:29 pm by burningpet »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 02, 2014, 05:32:40 pm »

Israel is good because how can you say that victims of a genocide can be bad? That's horribly insensitive.

In other news, veterans of the Afghanistan war in Ukranine have organised an unarmed peacekeeping force that is supposed to literally interject itself between the russians and the ukrainians should the fighting start.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1450 on: March 02, 2014, 05:33:54 pm »

wut
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 02, 2014, 05:34:48 pm »

What. Are those people drunk.

Unarmed peacekeeping?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 02, 2014, 05:36:00 pm »

Literally, putting thier bodies on the line if/when the bullets start flying.
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 02, 2014, 05:37:00 pm »

Heh. The UN should try that some time. Just to see how it goes.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1454 on: March 02, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »

My impression was they might as well be- are never authorized to use force.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 286