Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cowboys of the apocalypse-A post apocalyptic game about cowboys (First time GM)  (Read 6646 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Just as a warning, this is my first time GM'ing, so it likely won't be as great as other RTD's, or as balanced, though I'l try my best.

Intro
Years in the future, but not many, humanity begins the third world war. The world is cleansed in nuclear fire, but survivors remain, either in bunkers or by simply being far enough away from the bombs when they exploded. Over the course of the next 300 years, the survivors form tribes, and eventually setlements. They lose much of the pre-apocalyptic knowledge, but after finding a bunker full of guns and ammo, they learn to manafacture both at repurposed factories and workshops. That finding took place some 80 years ago. The various setlements are few and far beetwen, and in the wasteland, safety is a luxury, due to the various mutants, raider tribes and bandit gangs. As a result, the setlements don't have much contact with each other, at least not anymore. And that's where you come in. You are part of the Wasteland Express, and your job is to deliver messages and packages beetwen the setlements, ocasionally taking side jobs to help the locals or taking on bounties.

So yeah, in case that exlpanation wasn't good enough, it's nothing too unque, except maybe for the fact that it's about post-apocalyptic cowboys. I've got nothing else to really say about it, I guess, except that I stole the idea from was heavily inspired by Fallout New Vegas.

Rules
Rules are normal RTD rules, pretty much.
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hit chart (click to show/hide)
Those should be all the rules, I think. I'm also propably not very good at explaining things, so if anything's unclear, feel free to ask.

Character sheet
Sheets should be done now.
Code: [Select]
Name: What your name is
Appearence: What your character looks like
Starting weapon type: Rifle, one of the three machine gun subtypes or shotgun. You can also choose beetwen a pistol and a revolver.
Health: 20 (+2 for every point of endurance.)
Stats: You get 5 points to distribute beetwen stats. Each stat starts at a negative modifier of -1. The maximum amount of points you can spend in stats is five.
          -Strength: Affects how strong you are.
          -Endurance: Affects how tough you are. Also gives you additional hp, about 2 for each investment in it.
          -Agility: Affects how fast you move.
          -Dexterity: Affects how fast you can draw your gun in a duel and generally react to things.
         - Intelligence: Affects how smart and/or educated you are.
          -Bravery: Affects how brave you are. Having it higher means you're less likely to panic.
Bio: Doesn't matter how long it is, really.
Preffered missions: What types of missions you prefer to do (Bounty hunting, recon, defense, etc.)
Preffered form of travel: Either walking, on a mount or on a motorcycle.
Player list
  • Cromwell Jackson - mastahcheese
  • Shotgun Walrus - Nerjin
  • Carlos of the Mountain - VinnieTheDead
  • Wohn Jayne - Whitius Opius
  • Chando Mendoza - Yoink
  • Everett Owen - Aseaheru
Waitlist
Empty, at least for now.

I'l finish writing this tommorow. Should be done for the most part now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:43:50 am by darkpaladin109 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

So... getting shanked does more damage than a solid hit with a rifle and as much damage as catching a burst with a machine gun?

What kind of monstrous knife are we talking about here? It better be, like, some kind of short lightsaber if it does that. Which would be pretty amazing, now that I think about it. Imagine a laser knife fight. Elegant weapon for a more civilized age, indeed.

But seriously, man. I think your game balance has been taken a little far.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

reserved but you need to do some balancing with your weapons first.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'l rebalance the weapons tommorow. Is there any other weapon besides the knife that needs to be nerfed?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

For knives, I think it should be 1d4 for close and 1d3 for thrown. Shotguns should be 4 1d3 rolls, and then rifles should be a d5.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Yeah... Probably gonna join this. Needs revolvers htough.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All the rules are finished and the sheet's are done. You can start posting sheets now, unless I still need to rebalance weapons/stats. I could add revolvers, thinking of having it have 1d5 damage/1d8 accuracy. Sound alright or is it overpowered/underpowered?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Haven't even read the rules. Gonna make character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Shotgun Walrus (click to show/hide)

It'd probably be a good idea to mention how many points can go into your stats...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:28:57 pm by Nerjin »

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Carlos of The Mountain (click to show/hide)

Let's get this show on the road.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:35:24 pm by VinnieTheDead »
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Wohn Jayne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:29:04 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Few know his true name of Tomujin.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haven't even read the rules. Gonna make character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks good.
Spoiler: Shotgun Walrus (click to show/hide)

It'd probably be a good idea to mention how many points can go into your stats...
Alright. And yes, I edited that into the OP. Thanks for at least bringing it up for me.
Spoiler: Carlos of The Mountain (click to show/hide)

Let's get this show on the road.
Done.
Spoiler: Wohn Jayne (click to show/hide)
Sheet looks alright.
All the sheets are good. I added info about health and how to recover it, revolvers and the maximum amount of points you can put into stats in the OP, so read that if you want to. You also can take revolvers instead of handguns, info about them is in the OP, again. I'm gonna wait for a few days if anyone else makes a sheet, and if there's any more balance problems, just point them out.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

edited mine to have a revolver instead of handgun

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Chando Mendoza
Appearance: A lean, hatchet-faced young fellow with dramatic eyebrows, a scraggly moustache and a shock of lank black hair.
Wears a thick, patched-up grey motorcycle jacket, real horrorshow boots and a pair of jeans that look like he's been living in them for a long damn time.
He usually carries two belts of large-calibre ammo looped over his shoulders, and keeps his eyes intact at high speeds with a scratched-up pair of imitation raybans that somehow survived the end of the world. When he smiles it's damn creepy.
Starting weapon type: LMG and revolver.
Health: 20
Stats: You get 5 points to distribute beetwen stats. Each stat starts at a negative modifier of -1. The maximum amount of points you can spend in stats is five.
          -Strength: 1
          -Endurance: 0
          -Agility: 0
          -Dexterity: 3
         - Intelligence: 1
          -Bravery: Affects how brave you are. Having it higher means you're less likely to panic.
Bio: Born in some small, boring but relatively safe wasteland township, Chando looked like he was gonna inherit the family restaurant when he grew up, but that quickly changed when he doused another kid with gasoline and set him alight following an argument. Chando was just 12.
Numerous attempts at discipline having failed, Chando was sent off to a bigger settlement with a trading caravan, to ostensibly "give him a chance to see the world", but more realistically to get him out of his family's hair. When a band of raiders decided to take a few potshots at the passing caravan a couple of days in, Chando got over his dismay at being sent off, grinned broadly (crazily?) and decided things weren't so bad after all.
The one thing he didn't like was how slow caravan travel was. A motorcycle was far more his style. He might have fallen off a few times and almost died whilst learning to ride it, but that didn't dent his enthusiasm any. Only way to travel, baby.
Preffered missions: Sabotage
Preffered form of travel: Motorcycle. Don't ask who he stole it from.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4