Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort  (Read 10966 times)

joshthehawk

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Light will consume you!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2014, 08:37:15 pm »

First of all, this is awesome.  :)

Secondly I want a character.

Name: Adalbert Engelbrektsson

Profession: I would like an engraver or something similar as long as he can record the settlements history. If he could be some kind of priest, that would be awesome!

Personality (For the story): He's obsessed with the recording of history, always muttering for himself and often not noticing people trying to contact him while he's working.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:25 pm »

I find your choice in my new character acceptable. Make it so.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Nebirius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »

That one is perfect, and strangly i sound just like her lol

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2014, 09:19:02 am »

Profession: I would like an engraver or something similar as long as he can record the settlements history. If he could be some kind of priest, that would be awesome!

Personality (For the story): He's obsessed with the recording of history, always muttering for himself and often not noticing people trying to contact him while he's working.

How about this guy?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We don't have much use for engravers outside smoothing the catacombs and engraving slabs, but it's a fairly safe job and I have plans to make the catacombs more important to the town in future. At the moment they serve as a graveyard/hospital/soap makers, (The lye kept freezing on the surface.) but I plan to make it the home of furniture stockpiles and maybe some sort of group of unarmed fighters training room.

All the characters will be featured in the update after my next one, since I've already got some notes from before the naming requests to write up.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

joshthehawk

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Light will consume you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2014, 11:52:53 am »

How about this guy?

Yes, he will work.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »

10th Malachite
I was in the forges today discussing the improving of the militia's armour with Komodo. The number of smiths and smelters bustling around is always an impressive sight to see. Processing and refining lignite, metal ores and reclaimed gear, crafting panels for the town wall, making links of chainmail and hammering out weapons. It warms my heart to see our people being so industrious.

One of the smiths was being rather strange though. Skulking about near one of the forges.

15th Malachite
One of the miners burst out of the caves today screaming about things in the deep. She says she locked the hatch to the deepest mines before escaping from the monsters. Asa has ordered us not to engage the creatures yet, not while our equipment is being improved on and our uniforms are incomplete.

16th Malachite
The smith presented us with a two handed sword fashioned of bronze. It's a fine thing. The balance is good, though it is ultimately inferior to our finer steel blades.

13th Galena
A caravan from the capitol has arrived. The townsfolk have begun gathering up our trade supplies.

15th Galena
A horde of frog people have been sighted. We are ill equipped to engage them in a battle, so we must rely on the caravan guards. Though I have an idea for another way to deal with them, and another problem at the same time.

21st Galena
I dispatched a runner to open the hatch to the deep mines. He returned safely, though a group of frogmen were seen entering the caves.

The screams and croaks that issued from the caves afterwards were music to my ears.

1st Limestone
Between the foul things from the depths and the caravan guards the frogmen have been routed. Several traders are dead and the remainder refuse to trade. Regrettable, but preferable to the deaths of any townsfolk.

We need to make sure the caves are safe before allowing the miners to go back to work, though the beasts should be weakened by their brawl with the frogs.

10th Limestone
The cave beasts are dead. Their horrible features will stain our fair town no longer.

Sadly we lost two soldiers to the flames that issued from one of the beasts.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:50:03 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2014, 12:41:26 pm »

A forgotten beast attack?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

A forgotten beast attack?

Yeah, since I'm using modded humans for this I'm trying to avoid acting as if the caverns and all that dwells within is normal and expected so things like forgotten beasts are being referenced individually rather than as 'Forgotten Beasts'.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:32 am »

Decided to check out my humans gods. Turns out I worship the god of muck and the god of torture and disease. Not what I expected.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2014, 10:17:16 am »

What do I worship?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2014, 10:51:17 am »

What do I worship?

Mete - Goddess of balance and dreams.

Duslud - God of coasts and love.

Palath - Goddess of oaths, jewels and minerals.

EDIT: It also turns out that Christopher Walken has a wife and son in the town, pity he's dead. Joke character that he was he could kill things pretty well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:58:31 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »

1st Timber
I spent much of today in the catacombs, paying my respects to the soldiers who came before me. Barkov, Mountain, Walken. I met a young man down there, said his name was Adalbert. It took a while to get him to realize I was speaking to him. He was smoothing down the walls of the catacombs, said the dead deserve better than to be interred among raw stone. I have to agree with him.

15th Timber
Rismal Barkov has locked herself in the tailor's shop and refuses to come out. I hope she comes out soon, she's too old to be fooling around like this.

It occurs to me that our tailors have seen little work in the past years. Perhaps this is some protest of the tattered clothes we're wearing?

16th Timber
A group of dwarven traders have been sighted on the horizon to the north. Hopefully they have some supplies of interest to our craftsmen.

18th Timber
A great troupe of Dark Stranglers has been sighted to the south and to the east. Many of the foul things are riding bears and they seem to be deferring to one of the larger specimens of their wretched race. A leader of some sort? Do monsters even have leaders?

Regardless we have moved to defend parts of the wall that remain incomplete. Though we are still poorly equipped we will hold them off. We will attempt to get the dwarves safely into the town and assist their guards in driving away the stranglers.

22nd Timber
We were moving to help the dwarves who had been swarmed by the stranglers and their apparent leader when we heard screams from the southern gap in our wall. We decided the dwarves would have to fend for themselves and hastened to reach our attacked citizens. Being the lightest clad soldier I quickly outpaced my fellows and arrived to see four stranglers tearing apart the corpse of a small child, larger bands of them pursuing people further away.

Dwarves fighting:

Grim fighting Stranglers:

I flung myself at the corpse defiling brutes, felling one with a blow to the skull, crippling another with slashes to the arms. Despite my fury at the beasts I was overmatched, their fists pounded me repeatedly, I felt my bones jolt and my skin split. Just as everything was going dark one of them was ripped back as it's arms was wrenched from it's body. The others flung scattered giving me time to wipe the blood from my eyes and watch as my rescuer chased down my attackers and tore their limbs from them and shattered their skull with her pick. Emrod Paladin, her muscles hardened by years of mining, her voice like a bellowing war horn and her pick like the wrath of an angel tore the stranglers apart.

With a clatter of steel and the whistle of arrows the rest of our militia arrived, charging the stranglers. They put up a half-hearted battle before fleeing like the vermin they are. My comrades carried me and the rest of the wounded to the hospital to be tended by the late Commander Mountain's wife Kamven and her assistants in the hospital. One of the dwarven soldiers came to tell us that they'd driven away the stranglers attacking from the east, but failed to kill their leader.

28th Moonstone
It's been a while since the battle, and we've all recovered from our wounds. Even though some of our citizens died, none of our soldiers did. It's been good for morale and I've convinced Emrod that she and her miners should serve as a backup force for our defense.

We traded many items with the dwarves, bartering skull totems, salvaged clothes and cut gems for wood, metal, plaster and cats.

Rismal presented Asa with a finely made cap and convinced her to order the leatherworkers and tailors to create new clothing for our people. We soldiers have been told to wear blue cloaks as part of our uniform, and the citizens are now clad in leather hoods and robes.

Warehouse for clothing:

The mood in the town has never been better. We have a military victory under our belts, progress on the Abbey has started up again, we have new clothing, our armour and weapons are steadily improving and the people are fat and happy. I hear the carpenters have begun hauling strange woods up from the caves to make a shrine to the goddess Mete. Perhaps they have the right idea and we should be thanking the gods for out turn in fortunes. I shall see what I can do to about having a shrine to the great Masli and Ini created. The lords of all things dark and depressing deserve to be worshiped, if only to avert their ire.

We've got a new artifact, I'm making lots of clothing, we beat an enemy for once, we've finally gotten some successful trading done and shifted some junk and things are generally going well.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:29:03 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 01:37:29 pm »

"From the diary of Komodo, blacksmith:

Yesterday we were attacked again by large gorilla-like creatures. Heck, they came in riding fucking BEARS! That sounds hardcore indeed. If only I had a chanse to face them as a militia member. I guess, Asa just wount let me do this - I keep on churning out metal wares for our warriors. Well, I'll give a try anyway."
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2014, 07:48:37 am »

"From the diary of Komodo, blacksmith:

Yesterday we were attacked again by large gorilla-like creatures. Heck, they came in riding fucking BEARS! That sounds hardcore indeed. If only I had a chanse to face them as a militia member. I guess, Asa just wount let me do this - I keep on churning out metal wares for our warriors. Well, I'll give a try anyway."

Would that be you asking to join the militia by any chance?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2014, 10:55:13 am »

Whelp, I think it would be essential for character development. It's up to you.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8