Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24903 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:50 pm »

Expand the farms to support more people. Search for more crops to plant and diversify our diets. Construct rafts to explore the river.
+1 this, but use the rafts to fish in the ocean, and construct more permanent housing than tents. Gather stones and build a Shrine, because religion is good. Also, search the area for any mountainous areas, so we can start a mine.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 03:26:11 pm »

Begin building axes and knives. If we cannot, begin experimenting with sticks, stones, and plant fibers. +1 to above.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 03:07:18 am »

Expand the farms to support more people. Search for more crops to plant and diversify our diets. Construct rafts to explore the river.
+1 this, but use the rafts to fish in the ocean, and construct more permanent housing than tents. Gather stones and build a Shrine, because religion is good. Also, search the area for any mountainous areas, so we can start a mine.
I don't see why we should fish in the ocean. Much more dangerous, harder, and less results.

Oh, on another note, try to construct a fishing weir.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 09:59:12 am »

I don't see why we should fish in the ocean. Much more dangerous, harder, and less results.
It's better than fishing right next to shore, but yeah it's harder and more dangerous, especially for us. Stick to the rivers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:36 pm »

Over the next half a century, you build a small fleet of rafts and use them to explore the rivers and coast, as well as to aid in fishing. Upstream of the river nearest to your village is a small lake, and a dense forest grows along the southern coast, with another river running through it. While the forest is too dense to explore much of without a dedicated group of scouts, it's a far better source of timber than the isolated groves on the plain. You also discover persimmon trees on the edges of this forest, and cultivate a grove of them by your village, which is now home to close to six hundred people. You expand your onion farms as well, and although there's hardly a pebble to be found in these lowlands, you put together a wooden and packed earth shrine with a bonfire in the center for making sacrifices to... well, nobody's agreed on a name for he/she/it/them yet, but after such a bountiful time as this, you're pretty sure it likes the onions you've been giving it.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Unnamed Village:
Population: 600
Climate: Warm temperate grasslands, with a warm dense pine forest to the south
Resources: Onions, Persimmons, Fish, Prime Timber, Wood
Deities: Unnamed Harvest Spirit
Neighbors: None! Yet...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: ONIONS FOR THE ONION GOD
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 07:26:50 pm »

Keep expanding those fields, and diversifying those crops. Also construct a fishing weir as suggested, to get more protein in our diet.

Any other ideas, guys?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

Keep expanding those fields, and diversifying those crops. Also construct a fishing weir as suggested, to get more protein in our diet.

Any other ideas, guys?
+1
Construct a map key. Some of it's obvious, a bunch...not. And it's only going to get more confusing as time goes on. I don't even know what the scale is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 08:10:44 pm »

send scouts to the north. We need to find a good source of flint and stone.

Oh, and +1 this

Any other ideas, guys?
+1
Construct a map key. Some of it's obvious, a bunch...not. And it's only going to get more confusing as time goes on. I don't even know what the scale is.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:30:25 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 08:21:24 pm »

Name the Village Timberline.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 08:22:47 pm »

Name the Village Timberline.
Not enough trees. Besides, we don't need to name our village until we come across another one.
Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 04:39:28 am »

+1 to scouting for stone, varying diet, and fishing stuff. (pier?)

Consider founding a secondary village on the souther river, closer to the forest.

I mean our population was multiplicated by 6 in a century, I'm betting we'll break 1000 next turn.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:47:10 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 08:15:15 am »

Name our god Oni-One. (or anything, really)
Also, explore a bit farther to the north and east.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 08:28:36 am »

Look into making better watercraft (possibly canoes or something similar)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 09:14:21 am »

Name our god Oni-One. (or anything, really)
Oni-One Knobie?
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 09:27:06 am »

Anyway, consider some sort of bridge/stepping stone combination, and extend the village on both sides of the river. Sure, it will only be accessible during floods, but it will be a benefit in the long run.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16