Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24848 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:24 am »

Name: The empire of blood
Starting Biome: Desert
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 01:05:04 pm »

Name: Bracada
Biome: Desert

Love if you get the reference. ;D

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

Name: Culture Three

Starting Biome: Floodplains, with a mighty river running through, near the ocean. On the warm side of temperate; dry winter freezes are just a bit over a month by Earth reckoning (what are lunar cycles in this world?), and summers are sweltering and drenched with terrible thunderstorms and the occasional hurricane.

+1

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »

Why not give each of us a civ?
I considered it for a little bit, but then decided that having only one would probably be the best choice. Also, this game will probably grow quite detailed as time progresses, and I didn't want to have to deal with managing any more than one civilization at a time once that happened.

Love if you get the reference. ;D

Might and Magic if I'm not mistaken, isn't it?

Anyways, the turn:

After innumerable years of wandering, your yet unnamed band has finally settled down. Your new home is on a warm and flat grassland by the sea, with fertile soils thanks to a river running in the southern bit of the small area which your people have explored. Sparse patches of fir and oak trees dot the landscape, and hardy wild onions grow in abundance. Settling down comes with drawbacks however, the most worrying of which right now is that hunting and gathering is no longer an option. You'll need to work out some sort of sustainable food source to feed yourselves, and perhaps some sort of shelter as well to protect you from the winter freezes, and more importantly, the storms and floods that ravage the land in the summer.

Now, the world's still young, and technology and exploration are progressing steadily but oh-so slowly. As such, the first few turns will cover around 50 years each.

THE KNOWN WORLD
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 08:57:53 pm »

One man stands up from the mob I am Bark me and my family shall fell the trees of this land for the tribe if you allow us to worship Gurzad God of the Swamp freely. We have been persecuted before but no more my family is with you chief if you are with us.
Commands
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 09:06:16 pm »

Cultivate some fields and lets get some farming going.

If we've settled down in one spot permanently, then we should know how agriculture works, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »

Request more detailed information on our band. Numbers, technology, mysticism, etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »

If we've settled down in one spot permanently, then we should know how agriculture works, right?

+1

Also, gather branches from trees, and get boughs from the fir trees. Make lean-to's with them.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »

Your group consists of around one hundred people, with a roughly even male female split. As for technology, you've just developed basic agriculture. Weapons and tools consist of pointy rocks tied to sticks, and the relatively new invention of pottery means that you can finally carry liquids from place to place, as well as making some primitive art. You can even put together a couple of rafts and go spearfishing in the sea, although without any navigation methods losing sight of the shore is almost certain death. And religion right now is a bit of a personal thing, mostly due to short life spans preventing things like philosophy. One family might worship Gurzol God of Swamps, and another might worship their ancestors or follow some sort of animism. Expect that to change soon however as your lifestyle becomes more and more sedentary.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:32 pm »

+1

Also, gather branches from trees, and get boughs from the fir trees. Make lean-to's with them.

Have 40 or so people do this, 20 or so begin to build housing, 30 begin to gather and stockpile the wild onions, and have the last ten go find some animals to domesticate.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:55:19 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 10:23:13 am »

PTW
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 11:13:03 am »

The Family of Bark consists of 6 members of the tribe just posting this now family of Barks actions stay

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 03:47:43 pm »

+1

Have 40 or so people do this, 20 or so begin to build housing, 30 begin to gather and stockpile the wild onions, and have the last ten go find some animals to domesticate.
+1 to this except 25 gather onions and other plants and five collect stones.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

+1

+1 to this except 25 gather onions and other plants and five collect stones.

Over the course of fifty years, your people have managed to put together a crude settlement. Onions grow in simple farms, the soil refreshed yearly by the flooding of the river. A short distance away, several lean-to's have been built from boughs cut from the fir trees, and there enough of them for your entire population, which has grown to nearly two hundred. Your diet is also supplemented by meat from wild boars which have become abundant in the area, and you've even managed to capture a few and breed them in a pen a small distance away from your houses. You've also discovered a good deal more of the surrounding area, including an area where several smaller rivers converge which teems with all sorts of fish during the spring and summer.

Unnamed Village
Population: 200
Climate: Warm Temperate Grasslands
Resources: Onions, Boars, Wood, Fish
Neighbors: None! Yet...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 09:03:58 pm »

Expand the farms to support more people. Search for more crops to plant and diversify our diets. Construct rafts to explore the river.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16