Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (SG)  (Read 28442 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (SG)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 04:56:00 pm »

Wings. Very subtle GWG.

Also magic is boring. If I remember correctly magic is a game breaker normally. I don't want a gamebreaker on my character.

It's worth noting that magic in this universe always comes at a cost. Either an up-front one, or as a double-edged sword.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 05:00:32 pm »

Wings. Very subtle GWG.
Easy enough to hide under a cloak/robe. Also useful and cool.

Also magic is boring. If I remember correctly magic is a game breaker normally. I don't want a gamebreaker on my character.
Who says magic is a gamebreaker here? It could be anything from Harry Potter (game breaker with the right knowledge) to Warhammer (don't play with it, you idiot) or DF (very limited).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »

Wings. Very subtle GWG.

It's worth noting that magic in this universe always comes at a cost. Either an up-front one, or as a double-edged sword.

Wings. Very subtle GWG.
Easy enough to hide under a cloak/robe. Also useful and cool.

And here's more reasoning not to mess with the stuff.

Who says magic is a gamebreaker here? It could be anything from Harry Potter (game breaker with the right knowledge) to Warhammer (don't play with it, you idiot) or DF (very limited).
Not compared to demon strength and stuff that directly increases surviablilty while not being at all notice able.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 11:15:06 pm »

Name of Liege (5)
Demons Eyes (45)
Fine Clothes (50)
Trader of Favors (130)
Spellbook (160)
Sword (175)
Hellstuff (185)
Indebted Imp (225)
Demons Strength (275)

Yeah, i can be a nice person sometimes, update incoming.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »

Given you love us I suppose that this is just proof of it.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:37 am »

"Demons are molded like clay by the powers they play with... in this way a demon can be molded to fit any role that they are deemed ready for, in body and mind. Their lords of course ussually decide when to give a demon new powers, or to take them away. The removal of power is the removal of identity for a demon, many consider it a fate worse than death, and for good reason. Imagine if your king had not only the power to clap you in irons or have you beheaded, but also the ability to take away everything that makes you who you are, you would do anything to avoid such a fate, absolutely anything."
"On the Demon: a memoire."

Your sentence is the most horrible of your unnatural life, and you already deeply regret having your most recent of memories protected from tampering. You've lived thousands of years, seen mortal worlds fall, had experiences beyond count, and they are scoured from you almost in entirety. Nearly everything you've ever been... gone, forever, the insignificant soul-stuff that helped form those memories in your mind stolen from you and made meaningless. The lack of memory is a great void in your being, and while you cannot remember how you feel your personality and being irrevocably altered.
Your body too suffers abuse beyond mortal imagining. Your cruel master lays a hand upon your temple and sucks every hint of power he can away from you. You fall into a pile of pathetic goo, but maintain sentience, maintain awareness of *what* you are, worthless and weak. Slowly you coalesce into a form more suitable, a very human form. Even this body is weak and pathetic however, you are barely more than one of the husks that enter into hell by the thousands every day.
Your skin is drawn taut so tightly over your body that it tears in places, and the great heat of your environment begins to burn and slowly burn away that grisly encasing into even further disrepair. You are completely hairless, and movement is beyond pain, forcing you to crawl as you are led by chains to the void you will be cast into.

You pretend not to be truly aware, to be only a mindless husk without memory or understanding, but you are more than that, that much you ensured. You are a trader of favors, a bargainer among demons. Your first memories are of mastering your new power as a pact demon, power you still possess. Like all demons you can feed off of mortal excess, suffering, fear and cruelty all provide you sustenance and power, but unlike most other demons  you do not metabolize these things efficiently, so you require more. All demons can consume soulstuff, though it is far too valuable to waste on common demons. At the height of your wealth you consumed a soul in a year, about enough to keep you satiated at that level of power. It is unlikely you will be able to manage such a luxury any more however, and so your thoughts turn to the power you possess that other demons do not share.
Debt is substantial, it is a thing with weight and power as all mortal ideas are. You can manipulate that debt, use it, store it within yourself, transfer it from one to another, and you can consume it. This is the power that afforded you status, and it could be the power that you use to rise to new strength.

Without ceremony you are cast into the void, among jeers and mocking laughter. You swear to yourself that this will be the lowest you will ever be, and that you will take vengeance upon those who brought you down.

With Sentience comes choice. Where will you go?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 12:17:12 am »

Let's go with a town.

Good people tend to both be gullible and nice enough to wander through in time to get you back to your health.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 12:37:15 am »

Let's go with a town.

Good people tend to both be gullible and nice enough to wander through in time to get you back to your health.
+1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:55 pm »

I'd go with the outside a goblin tower and scout around a bit. besides it woudn't be the first time a Demon has impersonated a goblin leader  :P

One more thing: Will a certain prince suggestion game be updated also? this looks awesome but i just love me some high stakes lordship.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

Let's go with a town.

+1

+1
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 04:10:44 pm »

I'd go with the outside a goblin tower and scout around a bit. besides it woudn't be the first time a Demon has impersonated a goblin leader  :P

One more thing: Will a certain prince suggestion game be updated also? this looks awesome but i just love me some high stakes lordship.

That it will be. I hope to post on both of these games as often as i can, but i can't promise it will always be at the same time. I get really intense in regards to behind the scenes work. This early in the game Trader of Favors will have less behind the scenes stuff going on, so it might get updated slightly more often until we get further into the story.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »

Or became one.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

Or became one.
+1
I will point out that both of those require us to have power. The first may work with a disguise but the second... would require killing things. We a almost literally a husk.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 05:51:51 pm »

Or became one.
+1
I will point out that both of those require us to have power. The first may work with a disguise but the second... would require killing things. We a almost literally a husk.

goblins and humans are the same ole mortals right? lets not meta game and think outside of the box.

I say we go in and try to deal around with tit for tat favors ya know? like a demon would do?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 06:34:34 pm »

In regard of recent messages, I vote Goblin Tower.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15