Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (SG)  (Read 28422 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (SG)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 06:37:12 pm »

I really hope you all realize how bad of an idea this is when the goblins rip us a new one.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »

Let's go with a town.

Good people tend to both be gullible and nice enough to wander through in time to get you back to your health.
+1
+1
+1

I would have liked abandoned tower better, but a town is fine too.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

fine you guys are no fun.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:29 pm »

Trader of Favors (Pact Demon)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Luck: 1D20+0=20
???: 1d20+?= 17

You don't know how long you were unconcious, but when you come to you find that a layer of dust has settled upon your naked body. You are still weakned, still pathetic, and still weak. That your allies have not yet arrived to help you means you are still being watched for sport, by your lord or some other demons with the power to spend on keeping a window open. It could also mean coming would be dangerous in a more conventional sense, but if that were the case you would likely have been woken in an even less pleasant state.

You rise to your feet slowly, shakily and painfully. Skin tears as you move, and half-healed burns scrape against stone as you are forced to drag your body into movement. You are indoors, in a place clearly long abandoned by the humanity you had planned to seek out in the bare moment of decision. Torture instruments of bronze and brass lie scattered throughout the room, along with two upturned and uselessly bent tables of similiar material. On one wall lean three narrow bookshelves, at at the wall opposite three statues, the details of which are hard to make out with your currently bleary bloodshot eyes. In one corner lies a mostly rotted skeleton, clothed in equally rotted clothing and clutching a ripped moldy book in broken hands. In another corner is a chest, lid and lock torn much of the way off. Examining the ground you stand on you find that you're standing in the center of a slade circle, a single cut riven into the floor to break it. Beside the circle is what seems to be a switch, and you see a similiar switch on a wall beside the chest.

You cannot see a way out, but you'd be willing to bet it had something to do with one of those switches.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:40:00 pm by Mlamlah »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 07:44:40 am »

Examine the chest and see if getting it open is a possibilty. I fear we may be in a dwarven tower an those switches could have the roof fall on us.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 07:55:31 am »

Really we would deserve it then.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 08:05:30 am »

Examine the chest and see if getting it open is a possibilty. I fear we may be in a dwarven tower an those switches could have the roof fall on us.
+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:22 pm »

In hindsight it's not clear from my post, but town won out on the vote.
Dice got interesting on me though.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2014, 05:03:32 pm »

Yeah, the way you described it made it sound like the tower won.

+1

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »

+1
+1

Then go pull the lever.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »

*pulls lever*

Town inquisition put your hands up!

Demon: wha-*stab*
Inq: Take that you...why are you not dead and angry?
Demon:..wanna make a deal  ;D
Inq:  ???

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 07:28:03 pm »

+1
+1

Then go pull the lever.
+1 What could go wrong? Explore the tower, if we live get out.

Edit: Building, we're in TOWN, not TOWER...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:49:05 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

??? 1d20+?=11

You make your way from the circle over to the chest in the corner. As you do so your eyes begin to moisturize and adjust, and bones pop into proper position rather unpleasantly, but in a way that will surely make movement easier.
It would seem that coagulated blood and torn flesh has collected around all your joints, making any sort of movement that bit more painful. You resolve not to give your audience the satisfaction of your acknowledgement of pain.

As you near the chest you notice that it seems to be made entirely of a deep purple wood, as you lay hands upon it you feel the faint hint of corruption. The chest is mostly open, torn from it's bronze hinges in fact, the lock that had kept it held fast similiarily ripped. You grasp the lid and attempt to swing it open, but it instead falls completely off the remains of the chest and hits the wall with a loud crack. Peeking inside the purple chest you see a variety of shattered glass and what little remains of the rotten and grisly items that the bottles contained, all sitting on a sheet of cotton.

Search 1d20-2(bleary eyes)= 11
Of note is a gore smeared feather that's sight fills you with revulsion, but you see little else of interest in the chest just now.

Your mind slowly begins to recover from it's harrowing ordeal, and you sweep your gaze once more through the room with a better grasp on thought. Those bookshelves seem to be of the same wooden material that the chest was made of, you make note that moving the lid was much harder than you had expected, perhaps this wood is of particularly high density? Given thought, you make note of two peculiarites of this seemingly entirely enclosed room.
You can see. While you had arranged to have your demon sight restored to you this has not yet occurred, yet you can see quite clearly in what should otherwise be a dark room. Taking note of the corpse and the gore within the chest their rot is without question, but without air they should have merely mummified, which means that in the very least this room is not really sealed.

You consider pulling one of the switches and being done with it. If you take such an action which will you pull first? The one close to the wall or the one in the center of the room?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2014, 10:44:40 pm »

Examine corpse.

Pull wall lever.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:27 pm »

hmm. Something's not right. Search chest again, then bookshelf for good novels, then pull center lever
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15