Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 52761 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2014, 11:11:58 pm »

In Bloodmoon the hard stuff can spawn at any level but it's spawn chance was based on your level, so at level 1 your unlikely to find a werewolf.

I ended up getting a mod to delay the attacks, getting attacked at level 1 is no fun.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »

That feeling when you struggle through as a barehanded monk character, then use the corprus exploit to become the One Who Punches Werewolves/Daedra/What-Have-You In The Face and Laughs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:16 pm »

In Bloodmoon the hard stuff can spawn at any level but it's spawn chance was based on your level, so at level 1 your unlikely to find a werewolf.

I ended up getting a mod to delay the attacks, getting attacked at level 1 is no fun.

That's why you run to the city guard and get them to kill the DB guy for you. Or just abuse pathfinding to kill him with arrows before he reaches you. (Admittedly at level 1 your accuracy won't be too great...)

I didn't like the Corprus exploit. Mainly because I liked my character having solid 100s in everything they had maxed out.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2014, 11:26:15 pm »

Well with the corprus exploit I usually stop after 60 or so additional Strength/Endurance because from an RP point of view "My god, you were missing for 2 months!" seems appropriate but "My god, you were missing for a year!" seems like Dagoth would have won by then.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2014, 11:40:36 pm »

Dagoth was pretty content just chilling in his mountain fortress anyway. Also, I have this theory that Vvardenfell is actually purgatory, since you can 'Wait' or 'Sleep' for 10000 years and exactly nothing will have changed.
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 29, 2014, 11:47:20 pm »

Though, of course, there's some areas on the island that are, y'know, filled with werewolves anyway.

It's a pretty interesting experience to clear out those caves when everything inside it one-shots you and can't be outran.

(The secret is levitation and ranged attacks. And modding in passive magicka regeneration, if you want to save some effort and alchemy exploitation. Which I always did anyway, because it made using magic so. much. less. painful.)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2014, 12:35:29 am »

Though, of course, there's some areas on the island that are, y'know, filled with werewolves anyway.

It's a pretty interesting experience to clear out those caves when everything inside it one-shots you and can't be outran.

(The secret is levitation and ranged attacks. And modding in passive magicka regeneration, if you want to save some effort and alchemy exploitation. Which I always did anyway, because it made using magic so. much. less. painful.)

Yeah, but the answer to (nearly) everything in Morrowind is levitation + ranged attacks. >_>

Actually, I remember in one of my brother's games he found this ebony staff that had 1 point levitation for a really long time, and like a bazillion charges. You were so sloooow though.
The circle is complete.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58:46 am »

I use some variation of two handed sword, ebony longsword + shield or lots and lots of damage bolt amulets. The occasional "Scroll of Baleful Hellfire" or some-such thrown in for major events.

Levitation I think I tend to come across the "boots of the apostle"  and use those mostly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2014, 01:39:52 am »

Is the ebony longsword Umbra?
One of the stronger weapons in the game was the Daedric dagger you got from the Morag Tong guy.

My favorite scroll was Windwalker. <3 (Or the other one with a similar effect that I can't remember)
Made getting around sooo much faster. Once I was later into the game and just collecting things I eventually just gave myself heaps of copies of it via console. The alternative was alchemy abuse so I thought it was the best choice.
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:00 am »

Am I the only one who did monk challenge play? It's awesome! By Azura the pain, it was painful.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2014, 01:55:09 am »

I can't really imagine it being *too* hard, but yes, I think you are. What were the restriction?
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2014, 01:59:56 am »

Unarmored and unarmed only. No offensive magics except scrolls, etc., and those were to be limited as much as possible.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2014, 02:06:13 am »

It doesn't sound hard, just lengthy.
The circle is complete.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2014, 02:08:09 am »

Takes a while to get off the ground, yes. On the other hand (as with magic) unarmed becomes surprisingly overpowered when leveled right. Ignores all resistances, including the scripted health regen of Dagoth Ur's second version.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2014, 03:51:14 am »

Is the ebony longsword Umbra?
One of the stronger weapons in the game was the Daedric dagger you got from the Morag Tong guy.

No, just a normal ebony longsword that I find lying around. Not sure where, might've been a broadsword for what little difference that makes.

I remember having a game where the main weapon I used was the summoned daedric dagger.

As for unarmed, I had a monk and I remember that with the amount of time you spend punching things I got up to level 20 really quickly. There's an unarmed playthrough of Daggerfall on YouTube by one "LethalFeline" which is quite entertaining. Unarmed in Daggerfall ignores magical requirements as well as gaining high attack speed.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25