Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 52774 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2014, 12:15:34 pm »

has anyone used these overhaul mod packs? I am thinking about buying morrowind. but i like to mod the hell out of these games. I have used Skyrim Step extensively and some what understand the modding techniques.

Morrowind Rebirth: http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth
Morrowind Overhaul: http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

Any other good modpacks? with lots of mods together.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2014, 05:55:44 pm »

There was a pair of magical boots called "boots of blinding speed" which increased your speed but almost completely blinded you. There was a guy who fell from the sky in the wilderness near Seyda Neen (I think it was a levitate spell experiment gone bad) and he had a good magic longsword for starters, and it was the sole reason why I always took long blades as one of my major skills. I always held onto that sword for a long time. I remember walking and hearing this scream from the sky, and when I looked up, I was so startled to see that guy.

Wasn't a levitation experiment, it was a jumping one. On his corpse are three Scrolls of Icarian Flight that fortify your Acrobatics by 1000 points for 7 seconds.

Yeah I remember now. I used it together with feather fall to instantly travel across a quarter of the map once :D

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:42 pm »

has anyone used these overhaul mod packs? I am thinking about buying morrowind. but i like to mod the hell out of these games. I have used Skyrim Step extensively and some what understand the modding techniques.

If you can find Morrowind 2011, that one is my favorite. It is a compilation of a bunch of mods, but Bethesda modders don't like compilations so it got removed most places. It is a really good one though, and has a ton of stuff in it. Makes Morrowind a lot better. Beats going to 100 different sites, having 500 different accounts and having to download each one and then try to get to get it to work :P

(edit: For my own game. I'm using Morrowind 2011, MGSO (morrowind graphics and sound overhaul), some realism mods...a mod to make leveling more realistic and less gamey. Friendly bird things mod (except when diseased) that always annoy everyone otherwise. And...a mod to add crafting (craft furniture/weapons all kinds of things)...and...a bunch of mods.

In my own game, I did have to remove some Morrowind 2011 mods, and some MGSO mods for compatibility. The two don't play nice with each other out of the box. However, after some tweaking...I'm using a bunch with no issues at all for an epic game. :) )
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:03:45 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2014, 11:07:27 pm »

If you can find Morrowind 2011, that one is my favorite. It is a compilation of a bunch of mods, but Bethesda modders don't like compilations so it got removed most places. It is a really good one though, and has a ton of stuff in it. Makes Morrowind a lot better. Beats going to 100 different sites, having 500 different accounts and having to download each one and then try to get to get it to work :P

Personally, when it comes to Morrowind mods I stick to Morrowind nexus. If the mod's not there then it obviously doesn't exist and I'm not gonna' spend time hunting it down.

While Morrowind isn't my favorite elderscrolls game (Skyrim is), it definitely has the best magic system in the series thanks to the customizable spells/enchantments.

Morrowind was my introduction to the series. I remember my first Morrowind character, who was a bit of a fighter/rogue sort of guy. His adventure ended in the bank vault in Vivec; after getting caught stealing a bunch of stuff and pissing off all the guards, he took refuge in a room and shut the barred door... trapping himself within, as the guards were positioned in such a way that it became impossible to open the door more than an inch and he simply didn't have the stats/weapons/magic/stuff to beat the guards. And then I saved over my only save game. That was stupid. And that's how I learned to always keep a backup save, lol.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:24 am »

Personally, when it comes to Morrowind mods I stick to Morrowind nexus. If the mod's not there then it obviously doesn't exist and I'm not gonna' spend time hunting it down.

While Morrowind isn't my favorite elderscrolls game (Skyrim is), it definitely has the best magic system in the series thanks to the customizable spells/enchantments.

Morrowind was my introduction to the series. I remember my first Morrowind character, who was a bit of a fighter/rogue sort of guy. His adventure ended in the bank vault in Vivec; after getting caught stealing a bunch of stuff and pissing off all the guards, he took refuge in a room and shut the barred door... trapping himself within, as the guards were positioned in such a way that it became impossible to open the door more than an inch and he simply didn't have the stats/weapons/magic/stuff to beat the guards. And then I saved over my only save game. That was stupid. And that's how I learned to always keep a backup save, lol.
Issue with Nexus is that not alot of modders moved over when Gamespy went down and some good mods like Rethan Expansion and Building Up Tel Ulverith's Grave which expanded the player strongholds.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2014, 08:26:48 am »

Really there's no reason to limit yourself to nexus, compilations are really the only way to be sure that the bunch of cool mods you want are compatible without spending hundreds of hours and then finding a game-breaking bug requiring you to start over.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2014, 08:55:03 am »

Not to mention a bunch of mods on modders' personal pages that weren't ever listed in gamespy, let alone nexus. Some of my favorite face/furniture overhauls were in those, a few already lost forever it seems.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2014, 11:32:04 am »

THe mod packs use mods from nexus they just combine them together so I dont have to do all the work. I googled morrowind 2011 and found it. it was pretty controversial. that looks like strictly a graphics overhaul. I think th e 2 other packs i listed are little newer.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2014, 12:05:37 pm »

(edit: For my own game. I'm using Morrowind 2011, MGSO (morrowind graphics and sound overhaul), some realism mods...a mod to make leveling more realistic and less gamey. Friendly bird things mod (except when diseased) that always annoy everyone otherwise. And...a mod to add crafting (craft furniture/weapons all kinds of things)...and...a bunch of mods.

In my own game, I did have to remove some Morrowind 2011 mods, and some MGSO mods for compatibility. The two don't play nice with each other out of the box. However, after some tweaking...I'm using a bunch with no issues at all for an epic game. :) )

I didn't realize that MGSO is the same thing as the Morrowind overhaul I linked to.

Morrowind 2011 download: http://www.fileplanet.com/218159/210000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-III:-Morrowind---Morrowind-2011-Compedium-Mod-

Aren't morrowind 2011 and MGSO both graphical overhauls? So you install all of Morrowind 2011 and then add some of the graphics mods from MGSO?
Which crafting and realism mods do you use?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2014, 01:31:20 pm »

FoW is usually applied to strategy games. Games like this have regular old fog.
FoW was an old technique to render less objects. Morrowind eats CPU back in the old day so by default the Fog was close.

If I remember, the FoW setting was for the local overmap in your stats screen. Turning it off reveals all the terrain surrounding you that you haven't walked over on that map.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

I use -

Morrowind 2011
Starfire's NPCs additions
SothaSil Expanded
Necessities of Morrowind
Morrowind Crafting (lots to craft)
MGSO
Living Cities of Vvardenfell (it gives NPCs schedules like in Skyrim)
Kbowz Peaceful Fawna
galsiahs character development (no more gamey leveling)
creature pack
Children of Morrowind (adds children to Morrowind like you'd find in Skyrim)
And finally, Antare's Big Mod

You can find a lot on here:

http://mw.modhistory.com/home

Which has most of the "lost" mods people talk about.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2014, 02:59:44 pm »

ah, morrowind

an interesting alien setting to explore, no quest compass, and a story with some subtlety that's got more than saving the universe from da ultimate evul

rip in piece bethesda

never did care for morrowind graphics mods though beyond the extender, they just don't look right
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:01:49 pm by TripJack »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »

Yes, the story of saving Vvardenfall from da ultimate evul. There's a lot more subtlety (in some ways) than both Oblivion and Skyrim's main story but Morrowind's still isn't exactly an epic to shake the ages...

The main thing I remember was: Lots and Lots of Racism.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2014, 03:12:56 pm »

I didn't realize that MGSO is the same thing as the Morrowind overhaul I linked to.

Morrowind 2011 download: http://www.fileplanet.com/218159/210000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-III:-Morrowind---Morrowind-2011-Compedium-Mod-

Aren't morrowind 2011 and MGSO both graphical overhauls? So you install all of Morrowind 2011 and then add some of the graphics mods from MGSO?
Which crafting and realism mods do you use?

Besides my list. I actually installed Morrowind 2011 first and then MGSO. Any errors that popped up in the game menu (far better than how its handled in Skyrim/Oblivion where it doesn't tell you shit except through a hard to read Papyrus)...from any mod I ended up removing until there were no errors. Just go into menu, error message pops up and tells you WHAT MOD IS THE ISSUE and do this till no more errors. Easiest modding ever compared to Skyrim :P

My game actually looks mostly like MGSO to be honest, but a TON of additions from Morrowind 2011 (which is, yes a graphics mod)...so my Morrowind looks a lot better than it would usually look.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2014, 03:17:50 pm »

Can you give us a screenshot comparison? Find a picture of something from base Morrowind, then screenshot the same thing in your game. It'll be interesting to see the difference.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25