Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 52733 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:25 am »

Well, the entire concept that you might or might not be witnessed committing an act, and that a witness needs to survive their encounter with you in order to tell other faction members about it, was only introduced to Bethesda games as late as skyrim. Before it was just, Hit Dude --> Dude Faction Rep -=20

Hell, when they implemented witnesses in Skyrim, your own horse would rat on you until they patched it out.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2014, 05:10:44 am »

another big problem in morrowind with witnesses if there is one person in the house you can atack them leave and come back in a few days and finish them off without getting reported.
also as a rule of thumb if you kill some one in a house called a manor you wont get reported

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2014, 09:12:39 am »

Also, beware what you steal from shops for the shopkeepers will immediately assume any similar items are theirs. No exceptions.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

Yeah you can steal saltrice from some dude and six years later he'll still be calling the guards on everyone who walks up with some saltrice.

"WHERES MY SAAAALTRIIIIIICE"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2014, 03:14:39 pm »

Wow, I see some oblique references to Morrowind in some of those comments -- Tiber, Sugar, etc... but I have NO IDEA what any of those dudes are on about.

What exactly is occurring here?  And does everyone on Redit always "communicate" in this fashion?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2014, 03:18:19 pm »

they appear to be referring to the #tags on the tumblr linked to there

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2014, 07:00:55 pm »

I do have to ask, does anyone have a comprehensive mod list for this? I wish to get back in to it, and it couldn't hurt to make it... nice(r)-looking.

Take a look at Page 2 of this thread.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »

Ehn. You want the unofficial patches, at least. Personally, I never really got around to putting in more than natural leveling (which is an incredible boost to fluidity) and regenerating magicka (which makes the spellcasting system considerably more fluid, and the urge to abuse the hell out of alchemy considerably smaller.), with the occasional house-related thing. Just popping over to nexus and browsing the top files (probably by download) will give you a nice list of goodies, though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:42:03 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2014, 09:48:09 pm »

Huh, I thought there was a more robust discussion back there, maybe I'm thinking of a different MW conversation.

I used to go with graphics enhancements only, I never liked adding extra player created content because I generally didn't like how it was balanced.

This thing is probably the most famous modpack, and has all the goods in one place:  http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/mgso-release/

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2014, 10:25:18 pm »

Obligatory Tamriel Rebuilt link.

Also, don't forget to grab some of the official "DLC" off Bethesda's website. They're free. You'll want at least the Firemoth and Helm of Tohan ones
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »

There's a few mod managers, it looks like.

... but yeah, if my memory's not failing you mostly just open the zip right over the game files and activate the appropriate plug-in thingies. Make backups of any replaced files, if you're worried. Worst comes to worst you just have to reinstall the game.

Incidentally, if you're looking to do some heavy modding, making a full backup isn't a bad idea. Just copy the main folder and paste it elsewhere, or zip the thing up. If you're running through steam, there's even a built-in backup feature so you don't have to keep re-downloading the whole mess.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:14:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »

... 5-600 kbps is more than I get at max, most days :-\

It's half my top speed under best conditions.

And over a hundred times what I've spent most of my life at. Slow-as-fuck is dial-up, you silly :P

If your max is 30 mbps, though, the bottleneck's probably somewhere else. I know nexus limits DLs for non-premium members to like 1 mbps at max, or somewhere along those lines.
Ask not!
Ask!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »

So I bought this off the steam sales. I have played Morrowind before, but I only had a CD and it didn't include the expansions. And I didn't keep any CD or game box (unless it was a collectors edition) when I moved. Annoying having to keep track of cd keys or accidental cd/dvd scratches. Plus they took up a ton of room.

Anyway...

I got Morrowind 2011 mod that all the mod creators hated. I want to see what is up with that. Looks like a huge collection of mods that are easy to install. Perfect. And it looks like mgso 3.0 overhaul is widely used. So I might give that a try too.

I'll definitely be getting rid of the cliff racers :P I remember them being so annoying. (edit: I'll just use a mod to make them peaceful unless diseased, that sounds a lot better than flat out removing them)

But last time I played, I ended up taking over a house and...I mostly RPed while doing small quests and what not. But it was fun, definitely different than oblivion/skyrim.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:04:32 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2014, 04:09:23 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25