Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27309 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »

" I will be managing payment to my men, all information will be on my laptop which stays with me and will be secured so if anybody tries to access it it will erase itself. Limiting the information spread is just the first of many steps I intend to take not only for my mens protection but for yours as well.

If we fail, which we will not that does not mean every man or women with us should die. Would you rather die knowing you condemned good men and women to die with you? Or that good men and women who risked everything to fight with us will go back to there families? I know if I'm to die I would rather die protecting those important to me and that includes you.

How we get captured is simple, for instance 2 of our number are combat personnel, they will be in direct contact with our enemies which offers countless chances for them to be taken. One of our number is walking the streets right now with no protection at all and will continue doing so to do his job. It is impossible to guarantee none of us will be captured something which you know.
You could be captured yourself going to the hardware store for supplies, I could be captured going to a meeting outside of here.

It simply can not be fully prevented and because of that I will take measures to limit the damage resulting from it, if we do some good work and face a setback like a capture it does not mean we will be disbanded. If we lose 1 base we will have others, something I am already working on. I will make this organization as secure as it can be and as hard to destroy as it can be.

I would like your help in doing that, your skills would be invaluable but that is your choice.
"

(( How is it a bad compromise? You want oversight but you want all 6 people to have all the information. I'm willing to accept oversight but only 1 of you having it all. The only difference between mine and yours is mine has a 66% lower risk factor for the information getting out. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2014, 09:27:41 pm »

((I don't any of the info and just want to turn the town into a cult if that helps.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »

(( It helps if you vote for me :P do your cultists happen to need guns and training. Hint Hint. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

((to an extent, what he says makes sense.  He is giving full access to the information to the one person who will rarely, if ever, leave the base.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:39 pm »

(( It helps if you vote for me :P do your cultists happen to need guns and training. Hint Hint. ))
((They really don't as I plan on converting the entire town.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2014, 09:35:33 pm »

(( It's not as if I'm taking away something your going to need, I'll get you any people you need and your free to see the peoples information if you have doubts. With the exception of names and family information.

If you have valid reasons and the doc agrees with you then I'll share happily the only information I will not give is name and family info which you don't need anyway. I'm just not giving it out simply because you want it. ))
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2014, 09:36:47 pm »

((If I murder the rest of the team in long chain of events then am I going to get kicked off?))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:37 pm »

If you get caught, yes. Also, I'm so cool I don't need OOC parentheses
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:48 pm »

Cool.

I just realized that people may think I'm planning things about murdering the rest of the team... I'm not.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2014, 09:42:49 pm »

(( Don't worry buddy, if you get to big for your breeches I'll reduce you by a head. I won't let you suffer the guilt of knowing you killed us. ))
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2014, 09:53:48 pm »

I'd prefer the guilt... who are you anyways?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »

(( I'm the swat commander. ))
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:57 pm »

Never heard of you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2014, 09:57:42 pm »

" I will be managing payment to my men, all information will be on my laptop which stays with me and will be secured so if anybody tries to access it it will erase itself. Limiting the information spread is just the first of many steps I intend to take not only for my mens protection but for yours as well."
"No undue offense intended, but it's fucking stupid to put confidential information on your personal laptop that could be lost or stolen, and it's fucking stupid to put your only copy of important data on your personal laptop that could be lost or broken."

""If we fail, which we will not that does not mean every man or women with us should die. Would you rather die knowing you condemned good men and women to die with you? Or that good men and women who risked everything to fight with us will go back to there families? I know if I'm to die I would rather die protecting those important to me and that includes you."
"This goes to the hypothetical scenario where you never letting us learn the names of any of the people under us somehow lets them survive. But if it really bothers you that much, you can leave names off the personnel files. There, now that's a compromise--you get the confidentiality you want, we get the oversight we want."

"How we get captured is simple, for instance 2 of our number are combat personnel, they will be in direct contact with our enemies which offers countless chances for them to be taken. One of our number is walking the streets right now with no protection at all and will continue doing so to do his job. It is impossible to guarantee none of us will be captured something which you know.
You could be captured yourself going to the hardware store for supplies, I could be captured going to a meeting outside of here.
"
"Not even halfway there yet. But, if they do capture a Director, how would they extract all this information from us? And you know what the first bits of information they would want would be? The identities of the other Directors, yourself included, and of our base.
"And for your information, my skills may have rusted, but anyone trying to interrogate me gets what they deserve. And once we have employees, why would I be going out to get supplies? Not just paranoia--it saves time for building things."

(( How is it a bad compromise? You want oversight but you want all 6 people to have all the information. I'm willing to accept oversight but only 1 of you having it all. The only difference between mine and yours is mine has a 66% lower risk factor for the information getting out. ))
((Simply put, there is no point to it. No method of interrogation known to man has managed to get someone to cough up something so briefly-seen and unimportant as the name of a potential recruit seen however long ago. Moreover, they woudn't care about that stuff.
Better compromises actually accomplish something, like the one above. No names are released, protecting confidentiality for the paranoid, but everyone has a voice.))

((to an extent, what he says makes sense.  He is giving full access to the information to the one person who will rarely, if ever, leave the base.))
((Well, aside from the tech guy.))

(( It's not as if I'm taking away something your going to need, I'll get you any people you need and your free to see the peoples information if you have doubts. With the exception of names and family information.

If you have valid reasons and the doc agrees with you then I'll share happily the only information I will not give is name and family info which you don't need anyway. I'm just not giving it out simply because you want it. ))
((1. I came up with this compromise parallel to Patrick.
2. Why the hell would family information be in the files anyway?!?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2014, 10:03:59 pm »

(( Files always include marital status. My friend works in mcdonalds and his includes that he's married. ))

"It's not the only copy did you not listen? The doctor will have a copy as well. And I just told you, if you need to see it then you can ask and I will show you. The fact that you want to see it is not a valid reason for seeing it and all 5 of you do not need to see it, it only takes 1 to provide oversight.

Arguing is not going to make me more likely to share it with you, if you want me to share it then prove I can trust you with the information. This all works on trust, you want me to trust you with information but your offering me no reason to trust you while threatening me and using violence.

Are you surprised I don't want to share information with people I can't trust? 1 of you will have it the rest will see it if you need to. Once I can trust you I'll share the information on those that are relevant to you with you or if you need to see it. Have some patience.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33