Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27310 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »

oooh, drama. I like drama. (Note, GWG, I am taking you smacking him as an actual action, along with whatever else you do this turn)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »

((it's only day two and already tensions are high.  I'm almost tempted to start an in-character betting pool for how long this organization lasts.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

"Explain to me how our task is any different from terrorists? We have a goal in mind against a specific target that we want to destroy. We're doing it through secrecy. We're government sponsored terrorist. If we weren't we wouldn't been doing it in secret.

I can do it faster then you for a simple reason, I'm looking for specific things but if I then tell you what I'm looking for what purpose does it serve? Your going to agree with me because I've told you to look for things I know are there and left out the rest.

Oversight only works if it is done without involving the person being observed.

I have no problem with sharing all my information with Densi, having one person fully aware of my activities makes complete sense with being a huge security risk. Having 5 people fully aware on the other hand makes the risk 5x larger which is my chief concern.

If I am captured for instance I should not be able to destroy all of you if I am broken. Neither should any of you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:13:50 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »

((Blank the high priest would like to put in one rabbit and a severed hand.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »

However, if you are in charge of the hiring, you would be able to cripple our operations.

That being said, unless there is a good reason I don't think that, once our presence becomes known, any of the directors should venture on dangerous missions.  The risk of a capture would be too high.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

"Can I ask when I said I'd be the only one recruiting?

I have no problem at all with the rest of you recruiting people yourselves all I said was I'd handle it within law enforcement. Which given that I'm well known and very well respected nation wide in those circles it makes sense for me to do it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2014, 07:13:44 pm »

But covert law enforcement is our main goal, and short of going hiring thugs I'm not sure who else there would be for many of the others to hire.  Me, I can probably hire my own medical team, but we are going to need a bit more clout in order to attract people.  At the beginning, we are going to be entirely dependent on you.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2014, 07:17:47 pm »

"Then perhaps it would have been a better idea to trust me to know how to do my job as I have the rest of you? As things stand all that this has done is told me that none of you trust me or have any faith in me to do my job.

Your motivational skills are severely lacking.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:20:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2014, 07:20:58 pm »

I trust you to do your job, but I also know that even a professional can make mistakes.  I've seen it happen in hospitals, and hiring is no different.  That is the only reason I ask for the files to be available for purview.  I doubt that we will take the time to look over all of the files, but having that option will hopefully allow someone to catch the rare mistakes you might make.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »

You guys are amazing.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2014, 07:24:30 pm »

You guys are amazing.

((thank you, thank you, I'm here all week))

:P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »

"Or for the person slipping into your room while your away to gain access to a massive amount of highly sensitive information. Enough to do massive harm to a large number of people and to destroy us as well as the families of every single person working with us. My own family was killed because I am a police officer.

So I'll offer a compromise, one of you and only one of you will receive a full report on everything I'm doing complete with all relevant information for you to check minus the full names of those people. 5 full copies of sensitive information is 5 chances for somebody to steal it and destroy all of us.

1 copy is a failsafe, 5 copies is an unacceptable security risk.

And as you've said, your dependent on me. I'm the only person here will the required skills and contacts to handle recruitment and to handle the management and distribution of personnel.

If anybody else has a doubt they can request a meeting with me and in private in a secure location I will discuss said doubts with them and allow them to see all the relevant information. Is that acceptable?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:29:16 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2014, 07:29:20 pm »

That was the entire point of what I was suggesting.  Not necessarily that we have to have many copies of the information, but that we be able to have discussions, first with you and then, if necessary, as a group, if we have concerns.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »

"Then choose your one person, either yourself or Densi. The two of you are the ones who will have the most need to see that information so it must be one of you. I'm only agreeing to one because if I'm out of contact somebody needs to be able to share the information if required with the other.

Densi will be the field commander so he needs access if he doubts people on his team, your our medic so you need access to our medical histories. Nobody elses job requires access.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2014, 07:40:42 pm »

Fair enough.  The files should go to whichever of us two they are relevant to.  Now that we've settled that, I need to go set up a makeshift hospital

Do what I said a while back
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33