Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27274 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »

(( So we can give direct orders to any police officer no matter his rank and they have to follow it? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2014, 05:30:43 pm »

Anyone above agent can give normal cops orders, if the Chief lets you.

Spoiler: Spoilers! (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2014, 05:33:57 pm »

(( Hmm, luckily for me at least with my +1 and probable +1 I can probably just suggest actions to the cops directly and they'll agree with me. So not to big of an issue in the short term but I really need to deal with the chief. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »

((that is certainly one way around it.  But, at least from my point of you, it could really only be something that the cop is allowed to do.  By the chief.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »

(( Something like moving in to assist government agents who in the course of there duties happen to have come under fire from the criminals you mean?

It's all in the phrasing :) They can follow the chiefs orders and still do what I need them to. ))
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

Above normal police, below agencies like the CIA. One of the things that STING has is that they are allowed to shoot anyone holding a weapon, for example. Or, just carrying a weapon even. The person doesn't have to reach for it.

((Since this game is stylistically similar to Syndicate, I interpreted it as we're the "Anti-Crime" Gang. We operate like a gang, and thus can perform 'darker' actions than a standard government agency, but unlike our enemies, we're on the Law's side.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2014, 05:54:48 pm »

(( We basically are, we can do anything we need to do to win short of intentionally harming civilians. ))
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »

((I'm imagining that someone is going to do something that turns us into a rogue government agency, one that is an enemy of the government and the criminals))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2014, 05:58:10 pm »

One of STING's rules is: The Capture of a Medium Ranking Gang Member is more important than the life of a Civilian. TCM hit it right on the head. As long as you aren't the one who takes the shot...
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »

(( Oh I have no issue with letting civilians die to get the job done, I just won't kill them myself or get them killed.

I doubt it wolf, I'm recruiting predominantly law enforcement so the odds of the organization going dark are slim. You'd have a very large number of well armed and exceptionally well trained men coming for your head. It'd never work. Thats actually one of the reasons why I'm taking law enforcement first and doing the recruiting of them myself. I can ensure they're loyalty to me specifically as well as the group and I can be certain they will uphold the organizations values.

Somebody gets a little power mad I know I have the men behind me to take them down and my character is completely incorruptible. His entire life is devoted to the countries greater good and annihilating crime.))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:07:36 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2014, 06:05:09 pm »

((I will point out that I'm making a cult.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »

(( Cult of random civilians and kids vs Cops who are armed and all have small arms training and likely have combat experience, S.W.A.T who are far better armed and all have far more advanced training and massive tactical experience. I think I can handle a bunch of random guys you found on the street if you go dark :).

Plus I have the advantage of being able to just phone the police who in turn can phone the federal agencies who in turn can call in the national guard. I have a bit of an advantage don't you think? ))
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »

((I have gods. They may be made up but still.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2014, 06:16:37 pm »

"Before I go, I would also like to establish, even though I know some of you have held authority positions in the past, that as of today we're all equals in this newly founded organizations. I do not know if any of you respect me for what I've done in the past, but this is how it is now, and for us to succeed we have to work together. If we want to make any sort of major developments, I say we need to have at least a majority of us fully-agreeing with it, lest one or two of us decide to do something that the others do not deem appropriate."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:13 pm »

(( Please god don't let the man with the gun.... bang, splat. ))

"Which raises several issues. For example, Carl, would you like me to walk in and tell you how to repair things? Reynaldo, would you like me to tell you how to perform surgery?

Equality is all well and good when you are equals but we're not. Each of us is above everybody else in specific areas and having people who lack the knowledge required getting in the way hurts all of us.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33