Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27276 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »

(( They have money and like to bribe people into not messing with them, I see no reason not to let them pay for the guns we use to shoot them later :) ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

Ah, questions. First of all, Corran's limp is something I decided to give him because of his backstory. It gives him a -1 to any actions that require moving fast, but is balanced out by his backstory bonus, which is a +1 to talking to Law Enforcement. As for kj1225's question, we're using TCM's system, where every point in a skill equals a 20% chance of a +1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 03:54:31 pm »

((But a cult that worships the ground we walk on is better!))

((Ah.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 03:58:35 pm »

(( Huh, so Johns not law enforcement then? Remind me to shoot him some time and get a replacement who'll be more willing to do as I say.
Does law enforcement includes federal agents and CIA? Or Only cops and marshals?

Your not going to turn the gang lol, you'd have to turn the leader and even I'm not going to try that.))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:07:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 04:07:34 pm »

It's lower Law Enforcement, like Police, Marshals and SWAT. John is... something else.

EDIT: Disadvantage of typing on an iPad because you don't want to quit TF2, you get autocorrect.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:09:33 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

(( My bet is CIA, that or Secret Service. But either way I have a high probability of a +2 when dealing with cops and S.W.A.T so I'm happy. I'm assuming it includes retired personnel as well? ))
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 04:12:12 pm »

Yep

EDIT:To answer the question below, I will point out Corran's inventory. Phones work the same in this as in Syndicate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:20:04 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2014, 04:14:16 pm »

(( Huh, so Johns not law enforcement then? Remind me to shoot him some time and get a replacement who'll be more willing to do as I say.))

((I'm going to label this as probably a bad idea.))

"Hey John, how are we supposed to make an income? Do we get a supply periodically from the Federal Government or are we given laissez-faire to set up our own operations?

I'm going out to see what I can find on this Rebel group, as they seem to be functioning a bit more overtly than their Cossack rivals. I'm also going to do a bit of shopping. Anyone want me to get them something?"

((Do we come with phones so that we can communicate with each other over distances like in Syndicate, or do we have to purchase them?))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »

(( Nice, then I have no need for John at all I have an easier method of getting what I want :). Don't worry I don't really intend on killing him. Well at least 90% don't. I dislike being spied on.))
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2014, 04:31:23 pm »

Mr. Khai, I'm not sure that we can trust the police chief.  There is mention in the files that there is something in his past that haunts him to this day.  The mayor, on the other hand, seems spotless, just some family trouble.

Hand him the files I read through and find a place to set up a makeshift hospital.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2014, 04:38:39 pm »

"On the other hand I have a great deal of influence with law enforcement and he has 25 armed men with fire arms training. Don't worry I'll be careful and maybe I can convince him to tell me what he's hiding.

(( Is my badge number still active? If it is I can still access the law enforcement computer network. ))
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2014, 04:44:38 pm »

Your badge number isn't active. Also, the chief is mid level LE, so your buff doesn't work on him.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:44 pm »

(( Still 4/5 odds of a +1 so not bad odds. ))
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

((What kind of authority does STING have?))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2014, 05:19:50 pm »

Above normal police, below agencies like the CIA. One of the things that STING has is that they are allowed to shoot anyone holding a weapon, for example. Or, just carrying a weapon even. The person doesn't have to reach for it.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33