Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241498 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1785 on: January 06, 2022, 11:31:39 am »

New version out, with some further ninja nerfs (mainly getting rid of the tech-tied new bases, but also making HKs a little easier to detect across the board) and the early stages of a new alternative to the gals/males choice. And the usual scattered additions & updates.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 02, 2022, 10:14:03 am »

Heads up: XPiratez sub-discord gone. I definitely won't be connected enough to relay invites to the next iteration.

Channeling Diogenes Laertius ;)
(...1) — Yesterday at 3:38 PM
BOSS
DO YOU LIVE
(...2) — Yesterday at 4:10 PM
me?
(...1) — Yesterday at 5:27 PM
you are Boss too, yeah
(...2) — Yesterday at 6:26 PM
lol
let΄s see if the appeal sticks

(...3) — Yesterday at 6:55 PM
XPZ and 200+ people got hammered
XPZ is gone, and we will see how the personal appeals go
new platform under construction for matrix/elements platform

(...4) — Yesterday at 9:19 PM
... "DISCORD CHANNEL got NUKED. I advise everyone to leave discord." - xpiratez moddb. ....
(...3) — Yesterday at 9:28 PM
yep, XPZ server got outright deleted, and lots of people got there accounts disabled, why is unknown since it was on high mass strike by discord
New social platfrom soon to come

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 02, 2022, 10:52:18 am »

da fuk were dey doin' over der

I feel kind of skeezy knowing I was in that discord but only ever popped in to grab a new version and then not play it every three months. 'New social platform soon to come,' eesh.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 02, 2022, 11:10:47 am »

looks like there's an explanation on why their discord channel got kicked out :

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg143704.html#msg143704

XPZ Discord channel was banned, along with everyone of any rank on it, on grounds of "hate speech and formenting violence". I advise everyone to stay away from Discord.
The channel will be recreated on Matrix - in due time.

So it's "hate speech and formenting violence" , i wonder what was going on in there for discord to decide to end the xpiratez channel, first time i hear about discord banning a game mod from their servers.

edit with some more :
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10351.msg143722.html#msg143722
Re: reasons
The mail sent to all those roughly 200 people banned was more or less like this:

Your account has posted content that dehumanizes or discriminates against a person or community, or incited violence against an individual or community.

Appeals have been sent, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We're moving from Discord to Matrix, and I encorage everyone else to delete their discord accounts - may they lose as much money as possible before the incoming sellout to Sony, which is likely the indirect cause of these blanket-bans.

If anyone wants more details, pls PM.

Looks like as usual some people said something very idiotic/heinous/racist/etc..  and instead of nuking those guys account, discord banned absolutely every user registered on that channel to avoid possible bad media exposure.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:20:19 am by Robsoie »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 02, 2022, 11:24:27 am »

I wasn't a regular participant or even reader, but the worst I ever saw was edgelord channite nonsense like Dioxine using a gif of Hitler as a reaction gif. That said, that sort of casual channite culture usually has far less casual garbage once it's normalized the casual stuff.

(I wasn't banned but then I think I posted there about 5 times over two years, so I'd've been on the absolute lowest tier of people subscribed to the channel.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:26:35 am by E. Albright »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 02, 2022, 11:53:11 am »

Niche gaming community formenting hate groups? Say it ain't so.

they're like goddamned cockroaches
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:28:07 am by None »

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 02, 2022, 12:17:33 pm »

It looks like everybody above the basic 'rank' was autobanned, with a few at the basic rank getting banned as well. As others mentioned, there were corners of the discord that were not great and some of the reaction emojis were just bad.

Collateral from this is that the main dev of the other biggest oldcom mod, and the openxcom developer, were also both banned.

Funnily enough just a week ago they finally started cracking down on the aforementioned corners.

One wrinkle is that there's a certain persona-non-grata who has been waging something of a crusade against the openxcom community for perceived slights, and is maybe taking credit? And the evidence they shared earlier today is just some minor petty things entirely unrelated to the stuff there that I'd call bad.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 02, 2022, 07:04:17 pm »

XPZ Discord channel was banned, along with everyone of any rank on it, on grounds of "hate speech and formenting violence". I advise everyone to stay away from Discord.
The channel will be recreated on Matrix - in due time.

Having been on their channel a bit, that would have been my guess.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 02, 2022, 07:12:49 pm »

It's fomenting. ffs.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 02, 2022, 07:51:11 pm »

It could have been fermenting, too. They just managed to zaz-zig their way straight into a non-word.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 02, 2022, 09:21:54 pm »

Could also have been one of those blended words, like fornicate + lamenting.  Maybe.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 14, 2022, 05:50:07 pm »

Started a run with the latest X-Com Files mod and the latest OXCE and so far so good.

There was a cultist that needed some indepth interrogation, so after giving a glock and a stun baton to Agent Nazhimov and a shotgun to Agent Tkachenko (just in case there was some nasty surprise waiting), we left our Chicago base for the Seychelles.

After some landing the agents spotted the suspect immediately , Agent Nazhimov equipped his stun baton and sprinted to the suspect in order to convince him it was time for a sleep.
Let's say that the suspect didn't agreed and laughing at the stun baton missing his face, he just with knockout-ed Agent Nazhimov with only a couple of punches, looks like someone skipped the xcom agent training session about melee combat..

Agent Tkachenko that was waiting behind the car was surprised to see the suspect rushing then assaulting him with a flurry of punches, that he avoided (at least someone competent) and resisting the urge to shotgun the suspect in the head, he convinced the suspect to stop being conscious with the power of more punches.

The 2 agents then left the peacefull Seychelles Island with their newfound unconscious friend and went back to Chicago Base.
A good beginning with none dead so far :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 06:27:49 pm by Robsoie »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 15, 2022, 02:41:12 am »

A good beginning with none dead so far :D
Seychelles Daily: Suspicious men incompetently kidnap Wavel Afif, father of two.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 15, 2022, 06:40:50 am »

Seychelles Daily: Suspicious men incompetently kidnap Wavel Afif, father of two.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 15, 2022, 11:42:40 am »

For people having played the Xcom-Files mod, what is the purpose of the Mudranger vehicle ?

After getting some missions done with the car, i ran into one filled with some kind of giant porcupines throwing darts, they can take a lot of bullet and can insta kill agents on melee and kill them at long range in 2 shots.
Meaning that to ever hope to take them out, you'll need a lot of shots landing on their face by turns and so a lot more agents on the field.

As the car has only 2 agents fitting in, i looked at what other vehicle was available early and spotted the Mudranger, that looks like a big military APC that can transport up to 10 agents !
Seems to be perfect

so after buying it i decided to give it a test on a simple capture suspect mission.
And ... after rolling for less than half the north/south size of the USA (yeah it was that short of a distance in term of xcom mission distance range), out of fuel must go back to base.

Uh ?
So basically unless for some reason you have a mission spawning right next to your base, the Mudranger is completely useless.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153