Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241723 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1170 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:26 pm »

Not released, no, but the developer has been chatting about it a fair bit on the discord channel.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 11, 2019, 05:17:52 am »

Guess I have something to look forward to. I hope the save-hacking to get old saves to work is easy enough. Having my epic gals to become even better would be great.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 11, 2019, 08:11:11 am »

They're on top of stat caps, as well, so you don't have to worry about maximizing them.

You seem to be underestimating how broke-brained I am.  ;)

It sounds like freshness will be a weird long-term stamina/a second type of HP that only recovers when you aren't wounded. That last part will be the real pain. Especially as Dioxine said that with a good base for regaining freshness, you can recover the max freshness that one of the freshness weapons needs ~3 times per year.

Guess I have something to look forward to. I hope the save-hacking to get old saves to work is easy enough. Having my epic gals to become even better would be great.

Yes, and there might finally be a use for magic cards and other magic weapons. It looks like condemnations (commendations?) give stats based on what you did to gain them. Also, having seen Dioxine's work before, real pain-in-the-ass stuff will probably have the best stat bonuses. I saw one for capturing maids.

And if you do need to restart, at least all of your starting gals will get the special starting gal condemnation that gives +1 to all stats, on top of having a higher cap because they're lunatics not hands.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:22:07 am by Iduno »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:02 am »

Well, +1 can easily achived by getting lucky when generating stat increases if the gal is just under the max stat. So it is nice, but on its own not very powerful.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 11, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »

Well, +1 can easily achieved by getting lucky when generating stat increases if the gal is just under the max stat. So it is nice, but on its own not very powerful.

Yeah, it is only super important for stats like VooDoo that get multiplied. Probably nice for TU/Stamina, but not super important. Not as good as even being a freak gal, but there's also no drawback.

That reminds me: I should get around to rolling (and probably re-rollling) that Freak Gal I've got stored in the research list. If I'm going to take the mostly bad stats of a freak gal, I'm going to save scum her good stat to make sure it's good.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 11, 2019, 04:27:36 pm »

You can just buy them later on anyway. 300k each. And a long wait.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 12, 2019, 07:05:46 am »

Well, +1 can easily achived by getting lucky when generating stat increases if the gal is just under the max stat. So it is nice, but on its own not very powerful.
But the +1 from just getting lucky is not guaranteed and, from what I read here, stacks with the +1 from being an escaped lunatic.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 12, 2019, 01:13:00 pm »

You can just buy them later on anyway. 300k each. And a long wait.

I could. But it's going to take a lot of tries to get a single freak gal worth as much as a regular gal legit. If I bother to use them, I'm doing it the cheaper and very slightly less annoying (buying then selling repeatedly is a slight annoyance) way. Assuming the odds of any stat are equal, there's a range of 46 points between minimum and max over cap (where you want to be) for VooDoo. They're worse than trying to get a good bugeye, because the only one stat you care about maxing has decent odds of being at max/close enough. If you buy 5 of those, you'll probably have 2 to keep. Most likely, I'll keep going with "nah."

Also, I realized the reason base defenses stop completely after while might be related to me using roving bands (who are trying to scout out your bases for attack) as target practice for my Lokk'Naar pilots.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 12, 2019, 02:37:24 pm »

Dude just edit the save game

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 12, 2019, 10:18:05 pm »

Dude just edit the save game

Nah, too lazy. I'm probably not even going to research it.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 14, 2019, 11:22:53 am »

Recently in my XPiratez game.
I downed a Stargods bomber and was raiding it to capture a Star God operative. I had found him and blocked him with a gnome in a XEC.
In their next turn, a Star God Guardian murdered him with a Heavy Plasma. Even though I try to conserve my AP lascanon ammo, I had that Guardian executed with it.

He may have denied me my prize, but he died for it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 14, 2019, 11:50:47 am »

I downed a Stargods bomber and was raiding it to capture a Star God operative. I had found him and blocked him with a gnome in a XEC.
In their next turn, a Star God Guardian murdered him with a Heavy Plasma. Even though I try to conserve my AP lascanon ammo, I had that Guardian executed with it.

That's one of the bigger downsides of melee. Someone's just going to shoot the hostage.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 15, 2019, 09:55:52 am »

That's one of the bigger downsides of melee. Someone's just going to shoot the hostage.
But that wasn't even melee. It was an elevator treason accident.
It was a 2x2 elevator. XEC (Paladin) was blocking the ground floor. SG Operative was on first floor. SG Guardian was on second floor.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 15, 2019, 03:38:52 pm »

But that wasn't even melee. It was an elevator treason accident.
It was a 2x2 elevator. XEC (Paladin) was blocking the ground floor. SG Operative was on first floor. SG Guardian was on second floor.

Just in the way? I think that's what happens with melee as well.

I got lucky and one of my gals survived a plasma shot from way off screen last night because someone (also off-screen) got in the way. Pretty much everyone else died, though. We were surrounded. Loaded the battlescape autosave and left.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 17, 2019, 09:54:45 pm »

New version is out, K1.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Edit: If you want to use an old save, you'll need to load & save once in the new system, then open up that save and change the "mana" values for each of your troops.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:01:42 pm by Dostoevsky »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153