Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69609 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »

Isn't that what those games are about already?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:37 pm »

Likewise, Many homosexuals consider bisexuals to be 'gross'.  ("Cant commit" and co.)
Wait, is this actually a thing?
God dammit! Just can't catch a break...
I didn't know that either. Most people I've met who are only into one gender are usually totally cool with me being bisexual. Then again, I've never dated someone who wasn't at least a little bi-curious.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2014, 08:17:00 pm »

Your definition of cisheterosexual was inaccurate and nonsensical.  You provided it in the spirit of ridicule.  The term is necessary for civil rights discourse that is relevant to the well being of the trans people.  Questioning your claim in that context is perfectly reasonable and understandable.  It is not picking a fight.

Your use of trans* is probably incorrect.  It's more inclusive than it sounds.

I understand how my definition was nonsensical and ridiculous, but was it inaccurate? And again, I wasn't ridiculing any person, I was ridiculing the fact that the prefix doesn't add any additional information. Instead of over-analyzing everything I'm saying, and pretending I'm being offensive or oppressive, maybe help me to understand the necessity of the term.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »

In general, here is how I personally interpret the prefixes.

"Heterosexual" == "I have an "X", and I like my partners to have a "Y". How they came to get that feature is not important."

Transheterosexual == "I Have an "X", and I prefer my partners to have been born with an "X", but to now have a "Y"."
[OR!]
"I Have an X, but was born with a Y, and prefer my partners to have a Y."

Cisheterosexual == "I have an X, and was born with an X. I Prefer my partners to have a Y, and to have been born with a Y."

The need for the prefix at the beginning indicates some additional requirements than simply "Have X, Seeks Y."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2014, 08:26:00 pm »

Can't we just add "transphobic" to the person's description?

(Unless of course they want something that current medical science cannot correct, like makin' babies, and not just "trans eww.")
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »

(Unless of course they want something that current medical science cannot correct, like makin' babies, and not just "trans eww.")
Your definition of cisheterosexual was inaccurate and nonsensical.  You provided it in the spirit of ridicule.  The term is necessary for civil rights discourse that is relevant to the well being of the trans people.  Questioning your claim in that context is perfectly reasonable and understandable.  It is not picking a fight.

Your use of trans* is probably incorrect.  It's more inclusive than it sounds.

I understand how my definition was nonsensical and ridiculous, but was it inaccurate? And again, I wasn't ridiculing any person, I was ridiculing the fact that the prefix doesn't add any additional information. Instead of over-analyzing everything I'm saying, and pretending I'm being offensive or oppressive, maybe help me to understand the necessity of the term.

I didn't say you were oppressive, I said that the term is important to civil rights discussions.  I didn't say that you were ridiculing a person, I said that you were ridiculing the term.

This, however:
You're grasping at straws here, methinks. Pickin' a fight; stirring the pot; itching for a bitching; not happy 'til you're not happy.

Who are you, my mom? *dun dun tsh*
is ridiculing a person, and is clearly offensive.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2014, 08:41:52 pm »

That would imply that a person's sexual preferences can be morally wrong.

There is nothing wrong with not being attracted to transmen/transwomen, while remaining attracted to natural born men/women.  It's what a person inwardly finds desirable or not.

What is wrong, is telling somebody else that what they feel inside is wrong.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2014, 08:46:19 pm »

I find monoecious flowers with exserted, dorsifixed stamen highly erotic. What does that make me?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »

A bee

I'm pretty sure transsexuals don't surgically alter their chromosome.

But yes, I would be happy dating a transsexual, but not a transgender.

"trans eww."
However, doesn't the surgically altered female anatomy look quite different to 'born with it' female anatomy?
That'd squick me, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:48:04 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »

Take me off the list, too, please. I have such a bad back.
these italics are making me goddamn suspicious but since you're asking nicely
I have: Spina Bifida Occulta, a Pars Defect, Spondylolisthesis, and three of my lumbar vertebra and one of my thoracic vertebra have "severe" recurring microfracturing from martial arts injuries. All of the conditions exacerbate one another, because on their own, none of those things are really all that bad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »

Tack:

Without getting too graphic, that depends on the skill of the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure. Not all doctors are created equally, and not all genital reconstructions are created equal.

In terms of overall aesthetic similarity, usually the Male->Female reconstruction fares better than the female->male reconstruction. The creation of suitable anatomical analogs to the appropriate genitals can be quite tricky and challenging.

If considering a gender reassignment surgery, pick your doctors carefully, and shop around.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

christ and i thought bad legs in general (pain in sides of right ankle, loose left kneecap) was a curse
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2014, 08:51:58 pm »

"Transphobe" is usually used to describe people that hate trans* people, and actively do things to harm or oppress trans* people because of that hatred.

It has had little to do with sexual preference.  The way it is used currently, people that are attracted to trans* people can still be transphobic

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2014, 08:53:05 pm »

Spinal tube defects are a very common thing actually.

All the more reason why if you are wanting children, to be SURE that you (or your partner) gets enough folate in their diets BEFORE the pregnancy.

(Spinal tube closure defects, of which spina bifeda is one, have been strongly linked with folate deficiency in the mother.)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »

Personally, while I do find transwomen attractive, I wouldn't want to date one due to the inability to bear children in the future. Yes, this is important for me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50