Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69502 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2014, 03:52:04 pm »

"I want a double shot double mocha caramel machiato vente with soy please."

Might was well order "I want double plus double black coffee with chocolate and caramel, and double unplus dairy."

Note, it is basically JUST as verbose.

Starbucks has officially created NewSpeak.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2014, 03:54:42 pm »

"I want a double shot double mocha caramel machiato vente with soy please."

Might was well order "I want double plus double black coffee with chocolate and caramel, and double unplus dairy."

Note, it is basically JUST as verbose.

Starbucks has officially created NewSpeak.

I'd like double vanilla-white chocolate cis-heterosexual with extra priviledge and sprinkles on top.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2014, 03:55:06 pm »

Well, no. The whole point of newspeak was to restrict the vocabulary of the citizens, which adding in new words... doesn't do?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2014, 03:57:33 pm »

Well the thing about Gender Identity Disorder is that it is the kind of thing that makes people very uncomfortable with themselves and somewhat depressed. While social stigma certainly makes a bad problem a lot worse, I imagine that even in a more accepting society people will be reluctant to just introduce themselves as being trans, and without that it cis will remain the default, so in all realism it seems unlikely that cis/trans will become additional descriptors.

Personally I think it would be a lot healthier for all involved if we stopped looking at trans* stuff as being where you are, and start seeing it as how you got there. You aren't a transsexual male/female, you are a male/female that required/will require some specific form of medical attention relating to gender. Or at least that is my uninformed opinion.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

No, that's just one of the active repulsion features I mentioned. I dont actually eat small children, or in any sense find the idea of eating small children in any way pleasing. I know it makes other people uncomfortable, which discourages them from trying to get "too friendly."  It's sort of like the mental version of "Anti-cologne"-- rather than make you appear more attractive, it makes you look horrible, so people stay away unless their curiosity is really really genuine.

Anything to do with children in such a capacity is almost always an instant "Ew, thats horrible!" reaction inducing feature in more sexually inclined people. Personally, I think children are annoying, and dont want any. (and by extension, I dont want anything to do with your* (english lacks a suitable impersonal you) children. I dont want to hear about how cute they were while playing soccer. I dont want to see their boogery baby pictures. When they are old enough to have a sensible conversation, then I might find them interesting. But not before.) If I were to adopt, I would actively look for an older child, and would be quite picky.

Sorry about the tentacles reference-- I was looking for something that was decidedly "In your face" sexual in nature. I suppose if you are a (ahem) "Cisheterosexual male",  Imagine being propositioned by a really big, heavy set, hairy, sweaty, and sexually crass homosexual male, and his being insistent that you are just being hard to get. No-- It isn't a lack of libido for him. The concept is decidedly repulsive to the core for you. Lack of libido means you have no feelings about sex. Repulsion is a very powerful feeling.
First off, "I like to eat small children" is hilariously ineffective on the Dwarf Fortress forums. "I trade with elves", or something to that effect, would probably lead to people avoiding you. Secondly, If you wished, you could always say "I'm straight/gay" to whatever is applicable. You might have problems if people compare notes, but you don't care what they think anyway.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

Well, no. The whole point of newspeak was to restrict the vocabulary of the citizens, which adding in new words... doesn't do?
Yes, but a restricted vocabulary leads to verboseness. The thing you're alll missing, though, is: Under Newspeak, there would be no more coffe. Just gin and water.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2014, 04:57:43 pm »

Yes, but a restricted vocabulary leads to verboseness. The thing you're alll missing, though, is: Under Newspeak, there would be no more coffe. Just gin and water.

Wrong, I'm 100% sure Inner Party had coffee, not sure about the Outer Party, if they did it was inferior, but that might've been tea.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2014, 05:03:57 pm »

The inner party would have had to have gotten tea. It's set in Britain. Horrible unbeatable dictatorship or not, if Big Brother tried to ban tea his head would be on a spike before the week's end.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2014, 05:25:18 pm »

Look at cisheterosexual. Heterosexual; meaning "Hey this dude's straight", and then the prefix: "No seriously, he's actually straight!"
I thought about this for a moment and I realized something...
and then [cis]: "No seriously, he's actually straight!"
So what you're saying is, being a guy who is attracted to a trans woman makes you somehow not really straight? As if trans women aren't actually women?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »

Many people who ascribe "Heterosexuality" to themselves find the idea of dating a transsexual ... disturbing.

Likewise, Many homosexuals consider bisexuals to be 'gross'.  ("Cant commit" and co.)

As an asexual which finds all sexual advances repulsive, I find sex in general to be gross.

A "Cisheterosexual male" will only feel properly attracted (and not repulsed or betrayed) toward a female, female from birth, who is into men who are male from birth.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »

Likewise, Many homosexuals consider bisexuals to be 'gross'.  ("Cant commit" and co.)
Wait, is this actually a thing?
God dammit! Just can't catch a break...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

As an asexual which finds all sexual advances repulsive, I find sex in general to be gross.

can i hug you though

i promise no sexual advances are involved in the act

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:51 pm »

Unless I know the person very well, I find hugging to be undesirable touching.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »

What's the sexuality of a cisman that is attracted to only ciswomen and transwomen, if it's not heterosexual?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »

Wait, is this actually a thing?
God dammit! Just can't catch a break...
Yeah, this is actually a thing. I've been accused of both "just trying to be trendy/greedy/immoral/etc" and being "afraid of coming all the way out of the closet." Neither are the case, I assure you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50